Author Topic: Baronius Press 3 Volume Breviary or Roman Diurnal  (Read 243 times)

Offline obscurus

• Hellebardier
Baronius Press 3 Volume Breviary or Roman Diurnal
« on: September 24, 2017, 05:36:45 PM »
Hello,

Is anyone willing to sell their Baronius Press 3 Volume Breviary or their Roman Diurnal (Latin Only)?

I would be willing to make a trade for the 3 volume Breviary. I can give you several books or something else for it. I can't see myself ever spending $400+ for a set. The same goes for the Roman Diurnal which has all the offices except Matins but is only in Latin.

To be honest, I would love to see the Roman Diurnal in English and Latin for those who cannot spend so much money.

Thank you!

Offline martin88nyc

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Feldwebel
  • Religion: Catholic
Re: Baronius Press 3 Volume Breviary or Roman Diurnal
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2017, 01:54:58 AM »
Ibought my diurnal on lulu.com for like 15 dollars. It is paperback soft cover but a good oone. It is all black print but still has value. Good for starters.
"These things I have spoken to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you shall have distress: but have confidence, I have overcome the world." John 16:33

Offline obscurus

• Hellebardier
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2017, 05:27:35 AM »
Thank you for your message. I am looking for the one published professionally. The thing is probably in 2004 or 2005 I had a few breviaries including the famed Collegeville set, the 4 volume English set by Benziger Brothers (1950), the 4 volume Monastic Breviary, and a Roman Diurnal but I sold all of them regrettably. I would like to get back to praying the Divine Office at least semi-regularly. The only thing I didn't sell was the Monastic Diurnal which is wonderful to use but I would like the entire breviary if possible.

This is probably a crazy thought but I was thinking that I (or someone more competent!) should work on publishing an English/Latin Roman Diurnal since that has actually never been published. As I said, it would be great for those not willing to fork out $400+ for the entire 3 volume Baronius set.

(It is early here so forgive the possible incoherence of this post, lol)
« Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 05:33:37 AM by obscurus »

Offline martin88nyc

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Feldwebel
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2017, 10:15:19 AM »
Just to clarify the diurnal from lulu is english and latin in one.
"These things I have spoken to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you shall have distress: but have confidence, I have overcome the world." John 16:33

Offline obscurus

• Hellebardier
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2017, 06:05:43 PM »
Just to clarify the diurnal from lulu is english and latin in one.

Do you have a link? Thank you.

I am still interested in the Baronius volumes though....

The following users thanked this post: martin88nyc

Offline martin88nyc

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Feldwebel

The following users thanked this post: obscurus

Offline martin88nyc

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Feldwebel
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2017, 10:52:42 PM »
I think you can choose the type but otherwise it is a regular paper bound.

Offline magdalena59

• Mary Garden
  • Hellebardier
    • A Domestic Calling
  • Religion: Roman Catholic
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2017, 09:17:36 PM »

I was thinking of purchasing this. I was just wondering is it like, 81/2 by 11" size paper or smaller and is it in a format easy to follow?
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 09:19:25 PM by magdalena59 »
Therefore, brethren, stand fast; and hold the traditions which you have learned, whether by word, or by our epistle. 2nd Thessalonians 2:15

http://ourdomesticcalling.blogspot.com

Offline martin88nyc

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Feldwebel
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2017, 10:05:10 PM »

I was thinking of purchasing this. I was just wondering is it like, 81/2 by 11" size paper or smaller and is it in a format easy to follow?
It's about 8 1/2 by 5 1/2. The format is pretty good. It is all black and white.

Offline martin88nyc

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Feldwebel
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2017, 10:11:20 PM »
BTW I would like to get a separate book of readings for the day (from the Matins)