Hello!

Started by Regina Caeli, September 06, 2017, 05:08:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Regina Caeli

Hello! And may the peace of Our Lord be with you all!

What brings you to SD?
I am a Traditional Catholic, just looking for the company and conversation of other Catholics.

Are you a member of other Internet fora?
No.

Why did you choose your username and avatar?
I have a deep love of Our Lady.

What is your state of life - single, married, religious, or still discerning?
Single.

Whereabouts do you live "in real life"? (be as specific or as general as you wish!)
In the United States of America.

Personality type?
Melancholic.

Favorite books?
I like historical fiction.

Favorite movies / TV shows?
Documentaries.

Favorite sports/teams
I'm not very interested in sports. I like to go for long walks. Does that count?

Have any hobbies?
Cooking and baking.

Pet peeves:
I can't think of any offhand.

Fun random fact about yourself:
I pick up foreign languages very easily.

Carleendiane

Regina, welcome! Looking forward to meeting you in Mary's Garden. Hope you like it here. Many knowledgeable posters here. I've learned alot.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Non Nobis

Hello, Regina Caeli! 

Lovely user name!  Such a magnificent title for Our Lady.  But but for some reason what came to my mind first was a traditionalist chapel by the same name that I went to years ago. Hmm maybe it was called Regina Coeli, but wikipedia says it can be spelled either way.
[Matthew 8:26]  And Jesus saith to them: Why are you fearful, O ye of little faith? Then rising up he commanded the winds, and the sea, and there came a great calm.

[Job  38:1-5]  Then the Lord answered Job out of a whirlwind, and said: [2] Who is this that wrappeth up sentences in unskillful words? [3] Gird up thy loins like a man: I will ask thee, and answer thou me. [4] Where wast thou when I laid up the foundations of the earth? tell me if thou hast understanding. [5] Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

Jesus, Mary, I love Thee! Save souls!

Regina Caeli

Quote from: Carleendiane on September 06, 2017, 05:12:29 PM
Regina, welcome! Looking forward to meeting you in Mary's Garden. Hope you like it here. Many knowledgeable posters here. I've learned alot.

Thank you, Carleendiane!

Regina Caeli

Quote from: Non Nobis on September 06, 2017, 06:11:47 PM
Hello, Regina Caeli! 

Lovely user name!  Such a magnificent title for Our Lady.  But but for some reason what came to my mind first was a traditionalist chapel by the same name that I went to years ago. Hmm maybe it was called Regina Coeli, but wikipedia says it can be spelled either way.

Thank you, Non Nobis! Yes, coeli is a medieval spelling of the same word.  :)

Jacob

"Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time."
--Neal Stephenson

Lynne

In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

red solo cup

non impediti ratione cogitationis

MundaCorMeum

Hi  :). Glad to have you.  Looking forward to hearing your perspective on the various things we discuss around here

Perpetua

Welcome! I see we have a lot in common  :D

Kaesekopf

Welcome!

Hope you like the place!  :)

Feel free to dive in and post to your hearts content!

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk

Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Jacob

Do you have any favorite historical fiction?
"Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time."
--Neal Stephenson

Regina Caeli

Quote from: Jacob on September 08, 2017, 07:54:20 AM

Gone with the Wind and Lonesome Dove are favorites of mine. I also admire James Michener's work. Lately I've been reading Bernard Cornwell's Saxon chronicles. It takes a dim view of Christianity, but I try to ignore that, because... Vikings!  :D

Jacob

Quote from: Regina Caeli on September 08, 2017, 09:26:05 AM
Quote from: Jacob on September 08, 2017, 07:54:20 AM

Gone with the Wind and Lonesome Dove are favorites of mine. I also admire James Michener's work. Lately I've been reading Bernard Cornwell's Saxon chronicles. It takes a dim view of Christianity, but I try to ignore that, because... Vikings!  :D

I have never read any of Michener, though I have read a portion of one of his autobiographical works that was excerpted in Readers Digest long long ago.  I really enjoy Age of Sail books, especially the Hornblower and Aubrey/Maturin series.
--Neal Stephenson

Regina Caeli

I've heard good things about the Hornblower series.  :)