Good afternoon!

Started by Kephapaulos, August 04, 2017, 11:41:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lumen Christi

Carleen, do you think maybe it was a blood sugar issue?

Carleendiane

It would be a first for me. I am not even close to a hypo or hyper issue. And they had to test me regularly before my last surgery because it was going to be a long one.But is was a good thought, Lumen.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Kephapaulos

CD, I am sorry to find out what happened to you! :(

:pray1: I pray that you heal well. It's no fun also not being able to remember too. :-[

Carleendiane

Quote from: Kephapaulos on October 23, 2017, 07:02:51 PM
CD, I am sorry to find out what happened to you! :(

:pray1: I pray that you heal well. It's no fun also not being able to remember too. :-[

Yep Kepha, no fun. If it had been hugely funny, an amazing feat of clumsy gymnastics, I will never know about it, and therefore cannot entertain large audiences with my tale. But then, it may have been your run of the mill trip, and nothing to brag about anyway, so I guess it is just as likely a bore. It remains a mystery to be unraveled in the next life.  :) Yes, I do appreciate your prayer that it heals well... :) Thanks, Kepha!!!
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Carleendiane

Kepha, it is now afternoon, so I will open up here for you! So....what's for lunch? If I ask my dear hubby, he tells me..."a knuckle sandwich". Cute huh?  :D

Kephapaulos

Quote from: Carleendiane on October 24, 2017, 10:23:17 AM
Kepha, it is now afternoon, so I will open up here for you! So....what's for lunch? If I ask my dear hubby, he tells me..."a knuckle sandwich". Cure, huh?  :D

It's almost afternoon where I'm at. :D

Have you offered to give him a jejunum jab in exchange for the knuckle sandwich? ;D

PerEvangelicaDicta

Quote from: Carleendiane on October 23, 2017, 03:29:51 PM
Quote from: PerEvangelicaDicta on October 23, 2017, 02:32:25 PM
Quote from: Non Nobis on October 23, 2017, 01:33:50 PM
Quote from: Carleendiane on October 23, 2017, 12:47:41 PM
Back from doctor. She said I have amnesia. No memory of event that has caused the black eye and bruising up and down my side. I may never know what happened out there. You hear the expression, "things that go bump in the night", well, I do believe that's me making all the racket. Anyway my orbital and sinus are not fractured. So I guess I can shut up about it.  :huh: GOOD AFTERNOON!

Amnesia? Quite short term?  I hadn't heard of that.  Did this happen at night when you might not have been fully awake?  ...I know I've hurt myself a little (including bruises) and didn't really notice because I was busy with other things, and then later unexpectedly find the bruise.  But this was not as major as what seemed to happen with you.

Well, I'm glad nothing was broken, and will pray that it gets better and doesn't happen again.  Maybe it is just as well that you don't remember it.

Amen to this, and holy smoke what did I miss here?  I backtracked in a couple of threads to find out the story - can you point me, CD?
Sheesh, I merely had a stinkin' cold and away from SD a lot lately, while all kinds of major suffering is going on.  ugh.  Prayers galore for you!!!!

Was near my house, it was dark out, and yes, had a few drinks with hubby, but was NOT falling down drunk. We had been watching some YouTube news. It was time to lock up,  get Logan in the house. I took about 20 steps away from the house, checking out the night sky. Was Saturday nite. No one here. A quiet nite. Anyway, from that point, to finding myself in my bed, I am clueless. Husband is hovering over me with a bag of ice, asking what happened. I mumbled something about falling down. But I don't know that. I figured I must have, why else am I hurting so bad. I started thinking, I must have been drunk because I would remembered SOMETHING. I took some Tylenol and fell into a light sleep. My face hurt all night. When I got up in the morning it was completely purple around my eye. With a bit of abrasion. Getting ready for church, I found bruises up and down my right side. Tried all day Sunday to put the pieces together with NO luck. I still have NO memory. Every fall I've ever taken, I remember what caused the fall, remember getting back up off the ground. I don't even remember making my self stand up and stumble back to my room. Don't think I was out long, because hubby would have come looking for me. I have short term, COMPLETE amnesia. Doubt if I will ever know what happened. That's my story, Per. Odd, huh?

Did the Dr. say you have a concussion, sweetheart? That might explain the amnesia.
The alcohol you had probably protected you from more injury.  Well, that and your dear angel :)
They shall not be confounded in the evil time; and in the days of famine they shall be filled
Psalms 36:19

Kephapaulos

Yes, Carleen, how are you holding up with your injury?

Carleendiane

Per, I've thought long and hard about that nite. I do not remember feeling drunk before this occurred, I was feeling my wine, but definitely not drunk. Hubby says I wasnt. Which I am happy about, but that does nothing to explain why or how I fell. I may have had concussion, but sure did not when I went to doc on monday. Thinking about it now, I'm just glad I woke up in the morning!! You know, right? I went directly to sleep which may not have been a good idea. At that time, when I went to bed, I figured I tripped and fell. Didn't realize I had no memory. I was not very with it when husband was giving first aid. I was very confused. So yes the concussion would have been a good possibility. I have, maybe,  a foggy memory of entering my bedroom, not even sure about that. I don't even have memory of getting up or entering the house, or even how I made it to the bedroom.

Some people have nites to remember, I guess I have nites to forget! I don't think I'll ever really know what happened on that unmemorable nite! For all I know my angel may have picked me up off the ground and put me down in the hallway out side my room.  Yay....yay for guardian angels!  Gotta love 'em!

Carleendiane

Kepha, thanks for asking.  I am happy to be alive, and am sore, more of body,  than my eye. When I'm not working on my household duties, I am just tired. Not a bad outcome considering...... :)

Non Nobis

Carleen, I'm glad your guardian angel was with you and let you get some needed sleep and then woke you up!  Do people ever get their memory back when these things happen?  In a previous post I momentarily had "amnesia about my amnesia" that I had when I ran into a tree years ago.  Naturally if I went unconscious I wouldn't remember what happened then!!  But a cop said that I was conscious and that he talked to me.  I don't remember any tree or talking to any one, until I was in the hospital. I'm really glad I didn't get my memory back!
It's afternoon even here now, and boy is it hot. 102 degrees, and I live in an area that is cooler than some.  They are giving kids the afternoon off because it has got up to 107 in some schools.  But a radio announcer was just pointing out that people lived and worked and went to school without air conditioning for eons before it was invented.  We just aren't very tough. I'm not very tough. However I haven't had the air conditioning on yet because fortunately my condo stays fairly cool for a while.

I suppose many here are having actual FALL weather by now!

Our weather is supposed to become cooler over the next few days, and seasonal by next week. "Seasonal" probably means in the 70's; not so good if you like brisk fall weather, but pretty darn good otherwise!
[Matthew 8:26]  And Jesus saith to them: Why are you fearful, O ye of little faith? Then rising up he commanded the winds, and the sea, and there came a great calm.

[Job  38:1-5]  Then the Lord answered Job out of a whirlwind, and said: [2] Who is this that wrappeth up sentences in unskillful words? [3] Gird up thy loins like a man: I will ask thee, and answer thou me. [4] Where wast thou when I laid up the foundations of the earth? tell me if thou hast understanding. [5] Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

Jesus, Mary, I love Thee! Save souls!

Carleendiane

Quote from: Non Nobis on October 24, 2017, 02:06:05 PM
Carleen, I'm glad your guardian angel was with you and let you get some needed sleep and then woke you up!  Do people ever get their memory back when these things happen?  In a previous post I momentarily had "amnesia about my amnesia" that I had when I ran into a tree years ago.  Naturally if I went unconscious I wouldn't remember what happened then!!  But a cop said that I was conscious and that he talked to me.  I don't remember any tree or talking to any one, until I was in the hospital. I'm really glad I didn't get my memory back!
It's afternoon even here now, and boy is it hot. 102 degrees, and I live in an area that is cooler than some.  They are giving kids the afternoon off because it has got up to 107 in some schools.  But a radio announcer was just pointing out that people lived and worked and went to school without air conditioning for eons before it was invented.  We just aren't very tough. I'm not very tough. However I haven't had the air conditioning on yet because fortunately my condo stays fairly cool for a while.

I suppose many here are having actual FALL weather by now!

Our weather is supposed to become more seasonal later this week. "Seasonal" probably means in the 70's; not so good if you like brisk fall weather, but pretty darn good otherwise!

Non, I can very well see how you may get amnesia over the car/tree accident. It's really strange when someone tells you a story about you, and you have no recllection.

You must be in Vegas or something to have weather of that kind. We are beginning to make fires here. We don't do that unless it hits 40°, being rainy weather we make some exceptions, mostly just to take the damp chill away.

dymphna17

Carleen, did they change, add, or take you off any of your meds when you and Hubby were in that wreck with the semi a short while ago (still makes me shudder)?  One of my current migraine meds and Ambien, when I took it years ago, would steal time from me.  It is very disconcerting.  Thankfully Hubby was there for you.  Does he find himself coming in to check on you more now?  I'm kind of surprised the doctor didn't want to run tests to find out what happened.  Unless he/she did and I just need to MYOB.   :D   :grouphug:

Our high today was 58!!  There is even a chance for SNOW on Friday into Saturday!!  I didn't even see that until just now.  Oh the insanity!  Seriously though, we haven't seen snow here this early in a few years.  Everybody better get their cold weather kits into your trunks, have your cell phones charged up, engines and tires blessed with holy water, and rosaries handy.  And know how to use the video portion of your cell phones to be able to get footage of the ensuing interstate/highway capades!  First snow of the season?  You know the ditches will sadly be full.   :trainwreck:
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Carleendiane

Quote from: dymphna17 on October 24, 2017, 07:33:26 PM
Carleen, did they change, add, or take you off any of your meds when you and Hubby were in that wreck with the semi a short while ago (still makes me shudder)?  One of my current migraine meds and Ambien, when I took it years ago, would steal time from me.  It is very disconcerting.  Thankfully Hubby was there for you.  Does he find himself coming in to check on you more now?  I'm kind of surprised the doctor didn't want to run tests to find out what happened.  Unless he/she did and I just need to MYOB.   :D   :grouphug:

Our high today was 58!!  There is even a chance for SNOW on Friday into Saturday!!  I didn't even see that until just now.  Oh the insanity!  Seriously though, we haven't seen snow here this early in a few years.  Everybody better get their cold weather kits into your trunks, have your cell phones charged up, engines and tires blessed with holy water, and rosaries handy.  And know how to use the video portion of your cell phones to be able to get footage of the ensuing interstate/highway capades!  First snow of the season?  You know the ditches will sadly be full.   :trainwreck:

No tests, Dymph. Doesn't bother me at all. I had no after effects. Other than just what you would expect. I was perfectly oriented, no deficits, other than memory. But thanks for your concern... :grouphug:

Carleendiane

It is officially afternoon. Going to adoration later. Will pray for all of you and your needs.Please pray I stay awake. I have much to be grateful for. Don't know why I fall asleep in adoration. At least I don't snore...he he  ;)

Dymphna, you asked if hubby watches over me more than before. Yes, he does. He limits what I do around here, always concerned about me falling. He has modified hand rails. Put in grab bars, and accompanies me while doing my chores. He is always on alert and does his best to care for my needs. Surprised he is letting me go to adoration alone, today. He will be busy tearing off the garage roof. I don't see why they don't just wait for a powerful wind to blow them away, the shingles are that bad!