Catholic/Devotional tattoos showcase thread

Started by Arun, May 29, 2015, 05:05:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arun

Quote from: Gardener on May 30, 2015, 03:14:04 PM
Quote from: Bernadette on May 30, 2015, 03:12:27 PM
Quote from: dymphna17 on May 30, 2015, 03:03:24 PM
[snip]
Saw an angel tat on a guy at the swimming pool that was incredible.  Asked him where he got it and he said it was just a friend of his.  It took 15 hours.  I can't imagine sitting that long.

Yikes! I thought those huge tattoos were done in stages?

They are. My longest session ever was about 8 hours, if I recall correctly. It was fairly rough going by the end.

yeah i've done a few 8 hour sittings. by the end your more bored than sore hahaha.

SIT TIBI COPIA
SOT SAPIENCIA
FORMAQUE DETUR
INQUINAT OMNIA SOLA
SUPERBIA SICOMETETUR

Quote from: St.Justin on September 25, 2015, 07:57:25 PM
Never lose Hope... Take a deep breath and have a beer.

Mother Aubert Pray For Us!

vsay ego sudba V rukah Gospodnih

Pheo

Son, when thou comest to the service of God, stand in justice and in fear, and prepare thy soul for temptation.

Chestertonian

Quote from: Pheo on May 30, 2015, 08:36:45 PM
My newest:

#inb4thecanonization
hahaha

i wanted to get atattoo when i was in high school.. my dad said " you might think you look really cool when you're young but when you get old and wrinkly it's just going to look like a potato

this isn't devotional (ay all) but my wife and o have an inside joke that ill get a tattoo of "petunia"

"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

dymphna17

Quote from: Pheo on May 30, 2015, 08:36:45 PM
My newest:

#inb4thecanonization

lol  I call :bs: (photoshop) on this one.  I will admit that I would use a cheese grater to get rid of that one.
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

erin is nice

Quote from: Chestertonian on May 30, 2015, 09:53:03 PM

i wanted to get atattoo when i was in high school.. my dad said " you might think you look really cool when you're young but when you get old and wrinkly it's just going to look like a potato

this isn't devotional (ay all) but my wife and o have an inside joke that ill get a tattoo of "petunia"

DO IT!!! I love that show so much — this past year I watched all three seasons with my older kids.

Lynne

Quote from: erin is nice on June 01, 2015, 04:03:00 PM

DO IT!!! I love that show so much — this past year I watched all three seasons with my older kids.

Pete and Pete? Where are the reruns?
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Deirdre

Quote from: Lynne on June 01, 2015, 04:23:25 PM

:lol: I remember that show!
My Lord and my God.

Chestertonian

you can watch it on youtube

i go by pete and my son is also named Peter so our household has a lot of Pete and Pete references :).
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

erin is nice

Youtube!

Gardener

I thought this was great use of perspective.

Probably not best use of $ though.

I have sleeves, and some others, but have not gotten a tattoo since February 2006 and do not plan on any others unless I get a coverup for some of my more... stupid decisions.
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

Rose

I got on well with a Mormon chap at work who was heavily tattooed (he even ended up in a book) and he told me he had a tattoo of his wife on his chest, with an angel sheltering her in his wings, to symbolise the eternal covenant Mormon couples have.

"We'll be together eternally when I get my own planet after death".

"Err, ok then...so you must really love her?"

"I can't stand her. We're divorced".

:confused:
To Jesus through Mary.

Remember the Holy Souls!

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.
"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
? J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

LausTibiChriste

I should switch to Mormonism

I want my own planet....that'd be sick.
Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

Greg

Just wait till the Romulan and Klingon gypsies turn up and turn your planet into a shite heap.
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

Arun

Quote from: Greg on June 02, 2015, 05:16:55 PM
Just wait till the Romulan and Klingon gypsies turn up and turn your planet into a shite heap.

I heard the Romulan people hate being associated with the Romu...

SIT TIBI COPIA
SOT SAPIENCIA
FORMAQUE DETUR
INQUINAT OMNIA SOLA
SUPERBIA SICOMETETUR

Quote from: St.Justin on September 25, 2015, 07:57:25 PM
Never lose Hope... Take a deep breath and have a beer.

Mother Aubert Pray For Us!

vsay ego sudba V rukah Gospodnih

Armor of Light

Quote from: LausTibiChriste on June 02, 2015, 04:54:17 PM
I should switch to Mormonism

I want my own planet....that'd be sick.

There is a lady trying to sell the sun on eBay I understand..
I'm holding out for either the moon or the rover they left on the moon.

That being said, some of those tattoos are pretty nice! I don't have any myself..just scars I have earned.
If thou wilt receive profit, read with humility, simplicity, and faith, and seek not at any time the fame of being learned.

Thomas à Kempis