What are you currently reading?

Started by Francisco Suárez, December 26, 2012, 09:48:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaesekopf

Quote from: maryslittlegarden on August 30, 2022, 10:46:50 AM
Quote from: Kaesekopf on August 30, 2022, 08:44:37 AM
Besides that, I've also got a book checked out on the 1916 Easter Rising, under the same title 1916: Easter Rising by Tim Pat Coogan.

I've got a couple of other books by Tim Pat Coogan (The Troubles and Michael Collins), good author

Oh yea?  That's good to hear.  If I like this book, I think the latter (Collins) might be next.  He seems rather... complex.

Any recommendations on a bio/history on Eamon de Valera? 
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Padraig

maryslittlegarden

Quote from: Kaesekopf on August 30, 2022, 01:10:03 PM
Quote from: maryslittlegarden on August 30, 2022, 10:46:50 AM
Quote from: Kaesekopf on August 30, 2022, 08:44:37 AM
Besides that, I've also got a book checked out on the 1916 Easter Rising, under the same title 1916: Easter Rising by Tim Pat Coogan.

I've got a couple of other books by Tim Pat Coogan (The Troubles and Michael Collins), good author

Oh yea?  That's good to hear.  If I like this book, I think the latter (Collins) might be next.  He seems rather... complex.

Any recommendations on a bio/history on Eamon de Valera?

No....I'd be interested in a good one, though. 
For a Child is born to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace

Bernadette

Getting ready to start The Good Earth by Pearl S. Buck.
My Lord and my God.

Malachi

Three books at once, each in a different part of the house:

The Keys To This Blood

Apparitions of the Blessed Virgin Mary

Revelations
Jesus I surrender myself to you.  Take care of everything.

Tennessean

Last Call. Its the Parzival in Las Vegas.

Bernadette

How to Be a Tudor, by Ruth Goodman. I haven't read this in years, so it's like reading it for the first time.
My Lord and my God.

maryslittlegarden

Quote from: Bernadette on September 07, 2022, 04:26:46 PM
How to Be a Tudor, by Ruth Goodman. I haven't read this in years, so it's like reading it for the first time.

I love that book.   Also the "How to be a Victorian."
For a Child is born to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace

clau clau

Father time has an undefeated record.

But when he's dumb and no more here,
Nineteen hundred years or near,
Clau-Clau-Claudius shall speak clear.
(https://completeandunabridged.blogspot.com/2009/06/i-claudius.html)

Bernadette

The Little Princesses: The Story of the Queen's Childhood, by Marion Crawford.
My Lord and my God.

red solo cup

The Warrior Saint by R.V.C. Bodley. The life of Charles de Foucauld.
non impediti ratione cogitationis

Bernadette

Getting ready to start Shelby Foote's The Civil War: A Narrative. Three immense volumes.
My Lord and my God.

maryslittlegarden

Quote from: Bernadette on September 21, 2022, 06:38:11 AM
Getting ready to start Shelby Foote's The Civil War: A Narrative. Three immense volumes.

They are fantastic, though

maryslittlegarden

Miss Bishop by Bess Streeter Aldrich

Bernadette

Quote from: maryslittlegarden on September 21, 2022, 07:39:38 AM
Quote from: Bernadette on September 21, 2022, 06:38:11 AM

They are fantastic, though
I just wish that he'd read the audiobooks himself. He had a great voice.
My Lord and my God.