The Parish Hall > Arts and Leisure

The Lawrence Welk Show

(1/2) > >>

Kaesekopf:
I'm watching The Lawrence Welk Show for the first time, after hearing my grandma sing his praises for years.  It's actually pretty entertaining.  And very wholesome. 

I also learned today that Welk was a Catholic and daily communicant.

Gottmitunsalex:
A great show. Super talented performers.

On that note:
5 Years ago I sang @ the Lawrence Welk Resort in San Diego.

Kaesekopf:

--- Quote from: Gottmitunsalex on December 30, 2012, 12:59:11 AM ---A great show. Super talented performers.

On that note:

--- End quote ---

Very nice!  What was the occasion?

Of the episode I watched, they had a very talented couple do some type of dancing.  I was rather impressed.  The singing was also superb, and the band was nice.

And that accordion! 

Gottmitunsalex:

--- Quote from: Kaesekopf on December 30, 2012, 01:00:17 AM ---
--- Quote from: Gottmitunsalex on December 30, 2012, 12:59:11 AM ---A great show. Super talented performers.

On that note:

--- End quote ---

Very nice!  What was the occasion?

Of the episode I watched, they had a very talented couple do some type of dancing.  I was rather impressed.  The singing was also superb, and the band was nice.

And that accordion!

--- End quote ---

I was taking singing lessons in SD and they called up my trainer and asked him if he had a fill-in for one of the performers who could not make it to the resort. So he told them about me and I filled in.
The standards. no more lo less. It lasted 1 hour & 40min. With a 30 min break in between.
It was a luncheon they had for the retirees and while they were eating, I was singing.
They have, had? a great band. It was my only "public" performance.
Later I learned from my singing teacher that the Welk Resort no longer offers that style of music.
They are doing more pop oriented music now. So he told me.

LouisIX:
I swear that Lawrence Welk was the only thing ever on at my grandparents' home while I was growing up.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version