The Parish Hall > Arts and Leisure

Gambling

<< < (2/2)

LausTibiChriste:

--- Quote from: Philip G. on September 08, 2021, 12:02:01 AM ---
--- Quote from: Melkor on September 07, 2021, 04:50:26 PM ---Iíll still play Texas hold Ďem for petty cash with my buddies over drinks ever time they come out. Like anything that isnít explicitly sinful in nature, gambling is fine in moderation. As long as youíre not betting your mortgage away, I think itís fine to gamble.

--- End quote ---

If you have a sitting "death pledge", French for mortgage, you really are in no position to be gambling at all.  Hence, the implicitly sinful nature of the act(gambling) to any degree given your particular's scenario.

--- End quote ---

I'm having a party, you should come. No gambling I promise

Philip G.:
The only reason catholics entertain gambling "lite" is because heavy gambling is such a major part of the culture we live in, that we easily gravitate to such perceived cultural fun.  If our culture was actually not anti-catholic, honestly not a tall order in reality, only in the times we live as a result of indoctrination, we wouldn't be stuck with such lousy pass times, but instead find our entertainment elsewhere.  We might even be blessed as catholics to lead the way when it comes to culture/entertainment, as opposed to sticking with such tailings.

Philip G.:
Gambling and usury are twin sisters.  I don't know about you, but even at the others insistence, I am not going to accept a 5% increase upon return when I loan someone two bucks.  I am not going to accept in on principle, as opposed to not accepting it because its such a petty small amount that few would actually care about.  It is the principle of the thing.

clau clau:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version