The Parish Hall > Arts and Leisure

[Poll] What is your approach to music?

(1/4) > >>

Insanis:
I was thinking about music and one's approach to music and how easy it is to listen to music of one's choice at almost any time, and I wondered what the overall trend here is in addressing how it is consumed.

So, all signs pointed to it being a good topic for a poll.

The options are geared to one's actual behaviors in regard to music, and aren't meant to indicate one approves or disapproves of any particular music (except maybe the first two options).

Bernadette:
I listen to cello music and occasionally to Sinatra (early) or Rod Stewart’s Great American Songbook. I have some religious music (hymns and chant), but I don’t listen to it very often.

Jayne:
I hardly ever listen to music.  Of the little I do listen to, probably the main thing I listen to at home is liturgical/spiritual.  I also occasionally track down an old half-remembered song to find out how it goes, but I don't keep listening to it once my curiosity is satisfied.  Pre-Covid I would go to live (classical) concert performances, but more to show support for my musician friends than for the music itself.

Most of the time, when I'm alone, I appreciate the silence so much that I don't want to ruin it with music.

I didn't feel that any of the poll answers were a really good fit, but I picked the liturgical option since that was somewhat close.

Insanis:

--- Quote from: Jayne on June 01, 2021, 08:06:24 PM ---I didn't feel that any of the poll answers were a really good fit, but I picked the liturgical option since that was somewhat close.

--- End quote ---

I forgot people like you existed. Sorry.

For anybody else like this, the most restrictive option is best for this to indicate one doesn't seek out secular music much at all.

Melkor:
I listen to a good mix of everything. Except hip hop, pop, or rap. Careful attention to lyrics and the artist. Ok with swear words but not blasphemy. Any evidence of satanism and out the band goes.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version