Top ten reasons to take Covid vax

Started by TradGranny, May 11, 2021, 12:23:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vetus Ordo

Quote from: Miriam_M on May 14, 2021, 12:32:27 AMit is utterly insane that billions of people stop their lives (which they have been forced to do) to make sure that thousands of the unknown "fragile" (because it is actually not clear medically who is in fact most fragile, and it does not sort by age) do not get too sick or die a year or two --if they are quite elderly or medically compromised-- before they would have died anyway.

The idea behind the lockdowns, adopted by many different countries of different political persuasions, cultures and lobby groups, is that an uncontrolled exposure to the virus in a general population would result in an overwhelming of the healthcare system and in unnecessary deaths, Covid related or not. That's what we've seen initially in China, Iran, Italy, Spain, France, etc., and now in India.

The principle is fairly easy to understand, even if you have reservations as to the prudence of the lockdowns and their extent. Be that as it may, the vaccination program today in the West follows the same guidelines and patterns of any other mass vaccination program. There doesn't seem to be anything to it that would morally compel a Catholic to reject it in principle.
DISPOSE OUR DAYS IN THY PEACE, AND COMMAND US TO BE DELIVERED FROM ETERNAL DAMNATION, AND TO BE NUMBERED IN THE FLOCK OF THINE ELECT.

Jayne

Quote from: TradGranny on May 14, 2021, 05:59:38 PM
Quote from: Jayne on May 12, 2021, 11:06:23 AM
The people on this forum (and the people I know in person) who have been vaccinated all did it for good reasons

I'm sure the doctors who dissected live babies to make money from cell-lies did it for "good reasons" also. It's called RATIONALIZATION.

"Rationalization is a defense mechanism in which people justify difficult or unacceptable decisions or feelings with seemingly logical reasons and explanations."

No, having good reasons is not the same as rationalizating.  Sometimes there are genuine good reasons, such as those for taking the Covid vaccine.

Using aborted babies for research is something that is clearly taught by the Church to be sinful.  It is not analogous to something the Church teaches is permissible under these circumstances.  In the first case, one is rationalizing something objectively sinful.  In the latter case, one is giving good reasons for something objectively permissible.

Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

Tennessean

Quote from: Vetus Ordo on May 14, 2021, 09:53:44 PM
Quote from: Miriam_M on May 14, 2021, 12:32:27 AMit is utterly insane that billions of people stop their lives (which they have been forced to do) to make sure that thousands of the unknown "fragile" (because it is actually not clear medically who is in fact most fragile, and it does not sort by age) do not get too sick or die a year or two --if they are quite elderly or medically compromised-- before they would have died anyway.

The idea behind the lockdowns, adopted by many different countries of different political persuasions, cultures and lobby groups, is that an uncontrolled exposure to the virus in a general population would result in an overwhelming of the healthcare system and in unnecessary deaths, Covid related or not. That's what we've seen initially in China, Iran, Italy, Spain, France, etc., and now in India.

The principle is fairly easy to understand, even if you have reservations as to the prudence of the lockdowns and their extent. Be that as it may, the vaccination program today in the West follows the same guidelines and patterns of any other mass vaccination program. There doesn't seem to be anything to it that would morally compel a Catholic to reject it in principle.
There's nothing to it that would morally compel me to accept it either. I have been sick once, deathly so, when I was living in a big city shelter. I had never been sick before or since, and if I pass on the coof? Oh well. Those are the brakes. I'm not morally obligated to participate in scrupulous, guilt tripping daycare planet. Telling me I have to do something just makes me want to not do it.

Insanis

Quote from: Tennessean on May 15, 2021, 10:11:45 AM
There's nothing to it that would morally compel me to accept it either.
That is true. Both the disease and the vaccine are small risks for most people.

QuoteI'm not morally obligated to participate in scrupulous, guilt tripping daycare planet. Telling me I have to do something just makes me want to not do it.

Don't get the vaccine, at all costs.

(A little experiment)

Tennessean

Quote from: Insanis on May 15, 2021, 10:52:24 AM
Quote from: Tennessean on May 15, 2021, 10:11:45 AM
There's nothing to it that would morally compel me to accept it either.
That is true. Both the disease and the vaccine are small risks for most people.

QuoteI'm not morally obligated to participate in scrupulous, guilt tripping daycare planet. Telling me I have to do something just makes me want to not do it.

Don't get the vaccine, at all costs.

(A little experiment)

There's absolutely no reason for an entire nation to even talk about sars-corona. Just let McDonalds and the AARP handle it. Let Bayer develop the gene rape vaccines, I'm sure their Monsanto boys can do a good job.

#BecauseScience

Insanis

Quote from: Tennessean on May 15, 2021, 11:11:32 AM
There's absolutely no reason for an entire nation to even talk about sars-corona.

Entire world, for some reason.

I see India is making the news, but India has over 200000 deaths a year from tuberculosis and they have a lot of other diseases that kill circulating in certain parts. I'm sure this virus is not helping, but in terms of health, we need to have perspective.

In the USA, it is probably a singular most significant infectious disease that is a threat to a large demographic, but it is small overall. So, as a single disease, it does warrant some attention, at least, in the context of settings where those demographics congregate.

You are right though: the attention is quite inordinate. Why would this virus be equally prominently mentioned in the USA and India, where the health situation and the relative threats and populations are totally different?

james03

Thanks for posting the meme.   Here it is embedded.

"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

"Although He should kill me, I will trust in Him"

james03

QuoteThe idea behind the lockdowns, adopted by many different countries of different political persuasions, cultures and lobby groups, is that an uncontrolled exposure to the virus in a general population would result in an overwhelming of the healthcare system and in unnecessary deaths, Covid related or not.

This was a reasonable belief a year ago.  BUT.  In NY there were no mask at that time and THEY DIDN'T CLOSE THE SUBWAYS and they didn't close the airports.  A hospital ship was dispatched expecting the worst.  It turned around and was not needed.  So today we know.  It's a mild disease.  If old people are concerned, and there's data for them to have some slight concern, let them social distance and wear a mask.
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

"Although He should kill me, I will trust in Him"

Tennessean

Quote from: Insanis on May 15, 2021, 11:18:12 AM
Quote from: Tennessean on May 15, 2021, 11:11:32 AM
There's absolutely no reason for an entire nation to even talk about sars-corona.

Entire world, for some reason.

I see India is making the news, but India has over 200000 deaths a year from tuberculosis and they have a lot of other diseases that kill circulating in certain parts. I'm sure this virus is not helping, but in terms of health, we need to have perspective.

In the USA, it is probably a singular most significant infectious disease that is a threat to a large demographic, but it is small overall. So, as a single disease, it does warrant some attention, at least, in the context of settings where those demographics congregate.

You are right though: the attention is quite inordinate. Why would this virus be equally prominently mentioned in the USA and India, where the health situation and the relative threats and populations are totally different?
Considering again most tech support is overseas, not over here.

Travelers are going to die of suffocation and heat in India, not sars or whatever.

Sent from my SM-A025V using Tapatalk

King Wenceslas

Ok you allllll, time to get the next jab for the Indian variant:

QuoteExperts in Europe warned last week that mutant strain known as B.1.617 and some of its variants had been traced to parts of Europe and the UK. Well on Monday, scientists warned that B.1.617 had officially been tracked to the US, according to USA Today.

Pfizer is listed as PFE on the stock exchange if you want to make some quick cash in the fall.

King Wenceslas

Quote from: james03 on May 15, 2021, 12:09:34 PM
QuoteThe idea behind the lockdowns, adopted by many different countries of different political persuasions, cultures and lobby groups, is that an uncontrolled exposure to the virus in a general population would result in an overwhelming of the healthcare system and in unnecessary deaths, Covid related or not.

This was a reasonable belief a year ago.  BUT.  In NY there were no mask at that time and THEY DIDN'T CLOSE THE SUBWAYS and they didn't close the airports.  A hospital ship was dispatched expecting the worst.  It turned around and was not needed.  So today we know.  It's a mild disease.  If old people are concerned, and there's data for them to have some slight concern, let them social distance and wear a mask.

Quote"Obesity is an epidemic in this country," said Dr. Fauci. "That's really one of the unfortunate situations, and there are so many reasons for that, that date back from the time a person is a child, the kind of diet that they get exposed to. And it's particularly disproportionate in certain demographic groups. I mean, African-American, Latinx population—clearly almost certainly related to the lack of accessibility early on when their children [need] a completely varied and healthy diet."

"Adults with excess weight are at even greater risk during the COVID-19 pandemic," says the CDC:

Having obesity increases the risk of severe illness from COVID-19. People who are overweight may also be at increased risk.

Having obesity may triple the risk of hospitalization due to a COVID-19 infection.

Obesity is linked to impaired immune function.

Obesity decreases lung capacity and reserve and can make ventilation more difficult.

As BMI increases, the risk of death from COVID-19 increases.

Studies have demonstrated that obesity may be linked to lower vaccine responses for numerous diseases (influenza, Hepatitis B, tetanus)."

So we locked down the country for a bunch of obese people over 70. Of course, the lefties used this, due to their propensity for desire of power, to put a strangle hold on personnel freedoms.

QuoteAside from older age, unfortunately not yet controllable, it's possible that nothing is more associated with death from COVID-19 than overweight and obesity. Yet it's the elephant in the room. The mainstream media, seemingly obsessed with absolutely every COVID angle you could possibly imagine — and many you couldn't — rarely reports on this link. Indeed, when British Prime Minister Boris Johnson tried to make it part of his nation's anti-COVID plan, he caught hell. Why?

It actually goes back well before the pandemic, an effort by the click-hungry media to cater to the desperate desire to believe being fat results from anything, black magic not excluded, other than too many calories in and too few out. So given that success in today's "journalism" means confirmation bias, just about anything you will read or see on overweight and obesity will cater to our desire to believe individual responsibility plays no part.

That effort goes back decades before COVID and can be traced back to similar efforts with alcoholism: You're not responsible for the food you eat or the alcohol you drink.

In March, the CDC reported that about 80 percent of those who are hospitalized or die in the U.S. because of COVID-19 are overweight or obese, even as the World Obesity Federation reported that almost 90 percent of deaths with COVID-19 in the first year of the pandemic were in countries where more than half of the population is classified as overweight. COVID-19 death rates are 10 times higher in countries where most are overweight.

The prevalence of U.S. obesity soared from 30.5 percent to 42.4 percent in 1999–2000 through 2017–18, and the prevalence of severe obesity increased from 4.7 percent to 9.2 percent. For black women, the obesity rate is a stunning 56.9 percent. Add in overweight and about two-thirds of Americans qualify, such that what was once called "normal weight" is now quite abnormal. This trend will continue.

King Wenceslas

But look at this on the bright side:

Pestilential masks litter the sidewalks and parking lots everywhere.

Miriam_M

KW, your Reply #40 is very, very old news.  Such facts were publicly available and in fact widely publicized in February and March of 2020. Some of us on SD posted about it at the time.  I'm sure the same people who posted then agree with you now:  the idea that strangers should become responsible for the irresponsibility of capable others is insanity and is immoral on its face.

We should assist others who are incapable of caring for themselves, which does not describe 30 and 50-year-olds who choose slothful, indulgent lifestyles.  Obesity has been a complicating Covid factor from the beginning and is not linked to age.  The idea that because within the high-risk group are included non-obese 70+year-olds with weakened immune systems is a destructively inefficient and unjust way to protect the unprotected. It does not accord with principles of Catholic social justice.

TradGranny

Quote from: Vetus Ordo on May 14, 2021, 09:53:44 PM

That appears to be true only to those who are unaware of the Oct. 2019 Event 201, which spelled out exactly what has happened since then.

https://centerforhealthsecurity.org/event201/

Also, Rockefeller Foundation report in 2010, posted on this site.

Also WEF 2018 event predicting exactly what has occurred.
To have courage for whatever comes in life - everything lies in that.
Saint Teresa of Avila

King Wenceslas

Quote from: Miriam_M on May 18, 2021, 01:47:48 AM
KW, your Reply #40 is very, very old news.  Such facts were publicly available and in fact widely publicized in February and March of 2020. Some of us on SD posted about it at the time.  I'm sure the same people who posted then agree with you now:  the idea that strangers should become responsible for the irresponsibility of capable others is insanity and is immoral on its face.

We should assist others who are incapable of caring for themselves, which does not describe 30 and 50-year-olds who choose slothful, indulgent lifestyles.  Obesity has been a complicating Covid factor from the beginning and is not linked to age.  The idea that because within the high-risk group are included non-obese 70+year-olds with weakened immune systems is a destructively inefficient and unjust way to protect the unprotected. It does not accord with principles of Catholic social justice.

So obesity is not longer the major cause of death due to Covid.

Ooops me bad. Will rescind that. No one is at risk of eating a Big Mac, fries, and supersized drink. Go back and keep eating normally America.