The Church Courtyard > Ask a Traditionalist

Contempt for leaders

(1/7) > >>

TandJ:
Iíve just read that contempt for leaders is sinful. What kind of sin would it be if a person makes fun of their president on social media and whatnot and feeling like I donít have to obey a president who is illegitimate. Iím guilty of this pretty frequently in the last few months

Melkor:
Biden is a joke and the election was almost 💯 % rigged. Donít worry about making fun of him. We do the same with our gay-boy Trudeau.

VivaCristoRey:

--- Quote from: TandJ on May 01, 2021, 04:30:45 PM ---Iíve just read that contempt for leaders is sinful. What kind of sin would it be if a person makes fun of their president on social media and whatnot and feeling like I donít have to obey a president who is illegitimate. Iím guilty of this pretty frequently in the last few months

--- End quote ---

A government is only a government if it is legitimate.  It is kind of like a law that requires you to commit evil.  It isn't a real law and cannot be obeyed.  I have no doubt that Pretender Biden is an illegitimate leader.  I have no respect for fake leaders who are installed with an army surrounding them and an MSM acting like a ministry of propaganda.

Vetus Ordo:

--- Quote from: VivaCristoRey on May 01, 2021, 06:09:57 PM ---
--- Quote from: TandJ on May 01, 2021, 04:30:45 PM ---Iíve just read that contempt for leaders is sinful. What kind of sin would it be if a person makes fun of their president on social media and whatnot and feeling like I donít have to obey a president who is illegitimate. Iím guilty of this pretty frequently in the last few months

--- End quote ---

A government is only a government if it is legitimate.  It is kind of like a law that requires you to commit evil.  It isn't a real law and cannot be obeyed.  I have no doubt that Pretender Biden is an illegitimate leader.  I have no respect for fake leaders who are installed with an army surrounding them and an MSM acting like a ministry of propaganda.
--- End quote ---

This is exactly the same attitude that the Left had towards Trump. In his case, he was illegitimate because of Russian collusion.

Catholics should know better, whether or not they like, or agree with, any given head of state.

TandJ:
Well surprisingly yesterday I read (in either Davis or Connells moral theology) that you have to obey even an illegitimate leader. I was shocked to read that

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version