Lifesitenews getting serious

Started by Nazianzen, April 24, 2021, 04:33:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Non Nobis

Wow. I have never claimed to be a Sedevacantist and I go to SSPX Masses. But what I have heard from them since their earliest doubts never made me think they were Protestants. I was influenced by my parents and priest uncle through Patrick Henry Omlor's "Questioning the Validity.." and the family went to the TLM or Eastern Rite Catholic Divine Liturgy thereafter. Though maybe not explicitly sedevacantist then, Omlor's perhaps equally audacious claim pointed that way and he made it more clear later.

The best Sedevacantist arguments always seemed so logical to me and gave most praise to Christ acting in the Catholic Church. John Lane (relative of Omlor) always impressed me.

My reasons for not going further (either publically or privately) are varied, but Pope(!?) Francis is making it easier to wonder if  he is a false claimant. I have felt morally and spiritually comfortable in the SSPX for now. I thank God for their founder

Amazing to see that article in LifeSiteNews.

[Matthew 8:26]  And Jesus saith to them: Why are you fearful, O ye of little faith? Then rising up he commanded the winds, and the sea, and there came a great calm.

[Job  38:1-5]  Then the Lord answered Job out of a whirlwind, and said: [2] Who is this that wrappeth up sentences in unskillful words? [3] Gird up thy loins like a man: I will ask thee, and answer thou me. [4] Where wast thou when I laid up the foundations of the earth? tell me if thou hast understanding. [5] Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

Jesus, Mary, I love Thee! Save souls!

christusimperat

Quote from: Non Nobis on April 24, 2021, 08:29:32 AM
Wow. I have never claimed to be a Sedevacantist and I go to SSPX Masses. But what I have heard from them since their earliest doubts never made me think they were Protestants. I was influenced by my parents and priest uncle through Patrick Henry Omlor's "Questioning the Validity.." and the family went to the TLM or Eastern Rite Catholic Divine Liturgy thereafter. Though maybe not explicitly sedevacantist then, Omlor's perhaps equally audacious claim pointed that way and he made it more clear later.

The best Sedevacantist arguments always seemed so logical to me and gave most praise to Christ acting in the Catholic Church. John Lane (relative of Omlor) always impressed me.

My reasons for not going further (either publically or privately) are varied, but Pope(!?) Francis is making it easier to wonder if  he is a false claimant. I have felt morally and spiritually comfortable in the SSPX for now. I thank God for their founder

Amazing to see that article in LifeSiteNews.

While an empty see is the logical conclusion from this, this is ultimately the thought of Archbishop Lefebvre on the Conciliar Church. Hope many read it.

Miriam_M

I have noticed (and been pleased by) the increasingly radical position of LifeSiteNews.

DigitalLogos

I honestly think Francis was positioned by God in His Mercy to be so explicitly anti-Catholic that many Catholics are coming to see the writing on the wall. Between Lifesite writing on this to Steve Skojec of 1P5 actually taking sedevacantism seriously has been quite eye-opening.

All I can say is, the Church cannot teach error, but these men are teaching error, therefore the problem lies with the legitimacy of the men themselves.
"The Heart of Jesus is closer to you when you suffer, than when you are full of joy." - St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Put not your trust in princes: In the children of men, in whom there is no salvation. - Ps. 145:2-3

"For there shall be a time, when they will not endure sound doctrine; but, according to their own desires, they will heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears: And will indeed turn away their hearing from the truth, but will be turned unto fables." - 2 Timothy 4:3-4

Heinrich

Lifesite took some heat for grovelling to (((them))) in yet another histrionic reminder that the ultimate sin is antisemitism. Never mind those responsible for the ubiquity of anti life via birth control and abortion are due to (((their))) lawsuits and politicians (((they))) have compromised through pecuniary and salacious extortions. I stopped my monthly donation for erasing legitimate criticisms of said pandering piece.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Elizabeth.2

Quote from: Non Nobis on April 24, 2021, 08:29:32 AM

:toth:

Elizabeth.2

Check out Lifesite News Dec. 10, 2020,  an opinion piece, "The False Prophet of the Antichrist" by Fr. Unterhalt. 
I'm assuming he's a diocesan priest.  I know SSPX chapels where everyone prays for holy priests every day after the Rosary.  It really is working slowly but surely, thank God!

And in late 2019 even Mother Miriam and Fr. Heilman had been informed by US Exorcists about Something Going Down - and begged people to fast and pray Dec. 6 (if I recall the date)

A Bishop Fellay interview , Oct. 22 2018 (on Youtube) ** really caught my attention.  He was saying, everyone of course knows of all these things which must come to pass, yet even he still cannot believe that it is actually happening right now. 

** (Unedited) Bishop Fellay: Looking Back and Looking Forward-SSPX

Prayerful

Interesting series, and it suggests the present 'extent and pretend' that is frankly the ecclesiology of even most trads has to be urgently revisited.
Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.

christusimperat

Quote from: Prayerful on April 25, 2021, 04:49:34 PM
Interesting series, and it suggests the present 'extent and pretend' that is frankly the ecclesiology of even most trads has to be urgently revisited.

What do you mean by this, Prayerful?

Prayerful

Quote from: christusimperat on April 27, 2021, 03:55:13 AM
Quote from: Prayerful on April 25, 2021, 04:49:34 PM

What do you mean by this, Prayerful?

Well we had Francis take part in New Age pagan rites before cameras.  We might have to come to a reckoning on the matter, not just ignore the enormities which pour from his mouth.
Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.

Elizabeth.2

Thank you for the clarification; the blindness to what was conjured up is not prudent, IMO.  Or maybe the evil intent was to cast a spell to make people be blind to spiritual reality.