Contemplating Returning to my Diocese

Started by dellery, April 05, 2021, 04:17:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dellery

It's becoming more and more apparent Traditional Catholicism is just one big LARP.

Face it. Most of you people don't even Believe. You're LARPing virtue signalers that want to show everybody how much more substantive and cultured you are than them.

I'm most likely going to register and assist at a Diocesan or "approved" TLM.

There's no way Our Lord is able to do anything with you decadent crybabies. Even if Our Lord asked you to help Him Himself you wouldn't do it unless it conformed to the mental defecations you harvest from the internet.

It's getting hard to take. I hate most Trads and in many cases would prefer the company of a Protestant, or even Muslim, anybody that actually believed what they professed would be preferable to Trads. Even some stinking Leftist.

All the serious, successful, and capable Catholic men, willing to do what they can with what they have, are generally found in the Dioceses. This cannot be denied.

So what's the big deal? I trade having to resist tin-foil, furiously impotent, dweebs, for a having to resist effeminate, girly men, and prison-yard old ladies. Not much difference. Ignore them all and they go away.
At least in the Diocese I'd have company with men of the community and could put to rest any scruples about being outside the Church.

Really, sometimes I feel like coopting my local BLM. I'd steam-role the fruitcake leadership of that group with ease, and have ALL of their women in love with me. They would make much better Catholics than the current wussified dorks allowing civilization to collapse before their teary eyes.
:ghost1:
Blessed are those who plant trees under whose shade they will never sit.

The closer you get to life the better death will be; the closer you get to death the better life will be.

Nous Defions
St. Phillip Neri, pray for us.

diaduit

what brought this on?

all of us are 'amplified' with tension since this flippin lockdown so its good to take a few days off from it.   :pray1:

Prayerful

Quote from: diaduit on April 05, 2021, 11:13:39 PM

what brought this on?

all of us are 'amplified' with tension since this flippin lockdown so its good to take a few days off from it.   :pray1:

I think Dellery needs to take up running or something similar.
Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.

dellery

Quote from: diaduit on April 05, 2021, 11:13:39 PM

what brought this on?

My Holy Week meditations revealed that those who believe, those who love their neighbors, are also very jealous of them, and will sacrifice their lives for them. Trads make Ninevites of those who do not share our ways and beliefs, and we are about to get swallowed by a beast. I'm done confining myself in the safety of Trad isolation. It's hard to believe Our Lord will care at all how pure you've kept yourself while apathetically watching your neighbors be lead off to hell.

The closer you get to life the better death will be; the closer you get to death the better life will be.

Nous Defions

dellery

Nous Defions

Vetus Ordo

DISPOSE OUR DAYS IN THY PEACE, AND COMMAND US TO BE DELIVERED FROM ETERNAL DAMNATION, AND TO BE NUMBERED IN THE FLOCK OF THINE ELECT.

Heinrich

Do you wear a mask in public, while shopping, or anywhere else?
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Philip G.

Dellery - What is your liturgical background?  And, what is your state in life?
For the stone shall cry out of the wall; and the timber that is between the joints of the building, shall answer.  Woe to him that buildeth a town with blood, and prepareth a city by iniquity. - Habacuc 2,11-12

Kaesekopf

Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

clau clau

Somebody is mad on the Internet.

So begins another weary day ...

[yt]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QjpPBL_svFE[/yt]
Father time has an undefeated record.

But when he's dumb and no more here,
Nineteen hundred years or near,
Clau-Clau-Claudius shall speak clear.
(https://completeandunabridged.blogspot.com/2009/06/i-claudius.html)

Miriam_M

I had to look up "LARP."  That's how un-with-it I am.

Miriam_M

I'm contemplating something else, which is something that this native city girl never dreamt she would consider:  moving to a suburb.

The fruit of my own Lenten meditations was the revelation of the shocking difference between traditionalism as practiced in the city and as practiced in the suburbs.  Wow, happy people, wearing colors other than black every day, people able to actually function in society -- you know, talk normally to other people instead of neurotically, people who are not miserable, people with actual friends, people with lives.  No, these are not conservative Catholics or N.O. Catholics, but trads -- all of whom actually conform to unwritten dress codes when attending trad liturgies, without being self-conscious or ostentatious about it.  And families -- wow, lots of healthy, beautiful families in middle-class -- not wealthy -- suburbs. It's amazing what being around families in church does to one's mood and gratitude.

As you all know, I hate stereotypes of trads because they're 90% inaccurate in my experience.  But at this point I'm in a position to distinguish city trads from suburb trads, and city trads in my region (maybe not in yours) are a major, major downer.  If I were coming from the N.O. and city trads were my only experience of Catholic Tradition, there is no way I'd become one. 

Until this year, I denied this.  I figured that I was maybe overreacting to the "weirdness" and maladjustment in my parish as the dominant reality there. But now I know I am not imagining or exaggerating my perceptions.

I do not wish to hijack dellery's thread.  I only wish to echo a certain disgust at something I have tolerated for too long.  That's probably the only commonality with his post.  To be clear, the city trads near me are in fact not cultured, so they wouldn't be able to "show off" in that area.  That's one of their sources of pride or virtue-signaling.  Culture is supposedly for liberals, because all educated people MUST be liberals.  (Not.)

There are very few men in my city parish, and certainly almost no normal men.  However, in my trad suburb, there are fabulous men and lots of them, who are fathers of large families consisting of well-behaved children respectful of adults.

clau clau

Quote from: Miriam_M on April 07, 2021, 01:50:52 AMThe fruit of my own Lenten meditations was the revelation of the shocking difference between traditionalism as practiced in the city and as practiced in the suburbs.

I do not understand what you mean by City trads?

I guess you are referring to US cities. I have not really noticed much difference but maybe somebody from the UK (with experience of city Masses) knows more than me.  I have been based about 40 miles out of London for the last 25 years in a big town (probably similar to somewhere like Rochester NY).

I did not really notice any difference but then maybe the UK is different.
Father time has an undefeated record.

But when he's dumb and no more here,
Nineteen hundred years or near,
Clau-Clau-Claudius shall speak clear.
(https://completeandunabridged.blogspot.com/2009/06/i-claudius.html)

lauermar

The UK isn't different. My parish is St.John Cantius in downtown Chicago, a Canons Regular parish. It is neighbor to Holy Name Cathedral, whose vicar is Cardinal Cupich. They practice a different religion from SJC, which brought me into tradition. Tradition isn't gentrified according to voting blocks. Chicago has many traditional parishes. Unfortunately many are being consolidated by Cupich.

I never wasted time playing video games and don't know the LARP term either. I wonder if he'd prefer keeping company with a Muslim who is about to behead him or run him over with a car.
"I am not a pessimist. I am not an optimist. I am a realist." Father Malachi Martin (1921-1999)

Daniel

What do you mean by "virtue signalling"? I am unfamiliar with that phrase.

If you mean to imply that traditionalists are insincere, I don't think your assertion is fair. I suspect that even the non-believing traditionalists are sincere to some degree: they are sincerely drawn to beauty, and they sincerely hate liberalism. I don't think it's a mere ruse to draw attention to oneself or to make oneself appear "cultured"; I think there's a sincere love of traditional culture, even among apostate traditionalists. (And unlike LARPing, "traditional culture" is something real. It's the living remnant of how the world used to be and how the world ought to be. This is quite different from living in a fantasy world.)

Quote from: dellery on April 06, 2021, 06:49:45 AM
My Holy Week meditations revealed that those who believe, those who love their neighbors, are also very jealous of them, and will sacrifice their lives for them. Trads make Ninevites of those who do not share our ways and beliefs, and we are about to get swallowed by a beast. I'm done confining myself in the safety of Trad isolation. It's hard to believe Our Lord will care at all how pure you've kept yourself while apathetically watching your neighbors be lead off to hell.

The way I picture it, we are at a time in history when there is a particular need to preserve tradition. Hence the "trad isolation", as you put it. But it would be less isolated if more people were to buy into it.

I think you bring up a good point about "apathetically watching your neighbors be lead off to hell". Many trads see the problems but don't do much, other than sit around complaining or ranting online. And many trads don't proselytize enough. Still, what you're suggesting is basically that we surrender.  How will that help?

It's also not only about proselytization. The liturgy itself is the thing that calls down the graces necessary for conversions. But if we abandon tradition, there won't even be an intact liturgy anymore.