The Parish Hall > Family Life

St. Augustine condemns NFP.

<< < (3/3)

Philip G.:

--- Quote from: Michael Wilson on April 04, 2021, 09:45:19 PM ---
--- Quote from: Philip G. on April 04, 2021, 06:18:01 PM ---How are couples who practice NFP any different from priests who simulate the holy sacrifice?  Just as NFP use has increased among catholics, co-consecrator  novus ordo masses have increased.

--- End quote ---
How are they the same?

--- End quote ---
Do you know the S word?

Jayne:

--- Quote from: MaximGun on April 04, 2021, 10:55:46 PM ---

--- Quote ---Why the attack on Geremia?
--- End quote ---

Because he only ever posts this type of sourface crap.  He does it here and on Cathinfo simultaneously and then never engages in the debate. This is a forum for discussion not a billboard for his hit-and-run propaganda.

--- End quote ---

Geremia provides interesting source material and consistently refrains from personal attacks.  I find these admirable qualities.

Geremia:

--- Quote from: MaximGun on April 04, 2021, 02:22:52 AM ---What's wrong with gratifying passion in the right context?
I gratify passions every day when I wake up and make a tasty breakfast or put on comfortable clothes or wash in warm water.
--- End quote ---
Coitus is not a basic individual* human's need like eating and sleeping. You're comparing apples to oranges.
(*certainly it is for the propagation of the species, though)

Marrieds can engage in coitus in as a means of allaying concupiscence ("remedy for concupiscence" is a secondary end of matrimony; cf. Super Sent. lib. 4 d. 26 q. 2 a. 3 ad 4); but, with the help of grace (Wis. 8:21 "I knew that I could not otherwise be continent, except God gave it"), one can be completely and perpetually continent.

Jayne:

--- Quote from: Geremia on April 05, 2021, 04:23:16 PM ---
--- Quote from: MaximGun on April 04, 2021, 02:22:52 AM ---What's wrong with gratifying passion in the right context?
I gratify passions every day when I wake up and make a tasty breakfast or put on comfortable clothes or wash in warm water.
--- End quote ---
Coitus is not a basic individual* human's need like eating and sleeping. You're comparing apples to oranges.
(*certainly it is for the propagation of the species, though)

Marrieds can engage in coitus in as a means of allaying concupiscence ("remedy for concupiscence" is a secondary end of matrimony; cf. Super Sent. lib. 4 d. 26 q. 2 a. 3 ad 4); but, with the help of grace (Wis. 8:21 "I knew that I could not otherwise be continent, except God gave it"), one can be completely and perpetually continent.

--- End quote ---

Here is Geremia "engaging in debate", contrary to MaximGun's accusation.  MG has been online since this was posted but has not replied to it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version