Normandt' Catholic Meditations

Started by Normandt, September 20, 2020, 12:33:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Normandt

36. United in God

Jesus tells us:
"The Father and I are one." John, chapter 10, verse 30
And since God is one, he wants us to unite in his Kingdom. God wants us to unite in him, every one of us, without exception.

May we continue to step forward with Jesus in our lives, in our heart, even if we have the illusion that nothing is happening, and may we be transformed from day to day in Jesus's manner, with Jesus, for Jesus, for the world and for our salvation.

Let's continue to go to faith gatherings and share the Word of God in the Bible with others. Let's walk with Jesus. The small steps that we'll achieve will lead us one day, perhaps in a few years to discover the improved person we've become.
Jesus will rejoice to see each small step we're taking, like with our parents the day when, very unsettled and unsure of ourselves, we walked toward them with outstretched hands.

If our parents had not allowed us to take these steps, maybe we wouldn't walk today. They even left us fall with love, to the ground, so that we progress in walking toward them. If our parents had not taught us to speak, and it has taken time to learn, we would not be talking. And yet today we're still learning our language.

So it's necessary to rejoice being in places of worship, just to be there even if we don't seem to bring a lot to the group. Or even by thinking we're not receiving much out of the group. The important thing is to be there. Jesus is there. Let's be reassured, we are moving at high speed, like the plane stabilized "on" air at 800 kilometres or more per hour. Even if the landscape seems at a stand still.

The new American Bible, 2011-2014
Book: A path to conversion, Normand Thomas
God says : I Love you
___

Thank you Lord for Loving me
and thanks for your Love
passing through me
into others hearts.

Normandt

___

and thanks for your Love
passing through me
into others hearts.

Normandt

38. Watching

With wisdom and knowledge, he fills them; good and evil he shows them. He looks with favour upon their hearts, and shows them his glorious works, that they may describe the wonders of his deeds and praise his holy name. Sirach, chapter 17, verses 6 to 8a

This is what's written. God gives us to: "describe the wonders of his deeds and praise his holy name".

God gazes on allowing us to see his work in us and around us.
The miner has a light on his helmet, he sees the environment. It allows him to observe and choose the ore that he's seeking. The light illuminates whatever is in the dark.

God's bright light allows us, by grace, to find out what's in our heart and in the heart of the people on our way. Then we can say:
"His majestic glory their eyes beheld, his glorious voice their ears heard." Sirach, chapter 17, verse 11

To be mindful of everything from God]] helps us to spring up and eliminate fear. We have seen the wonders of God. We see the wonders of God. We will see the wonders of God. Those who awaken to the grace of God will see his wonders. Let's see with the eyes of God while he sees in us what is his.

___

and thanks for your Love
passing through me
into others hearts.

Normandt

___

and thanks for your Love
passing through me
into others hearts.

Normandt

39. Giving us time

We live every day the opportunity to convert more. It's essential to improve our relationship with Jesus. Otherwise, we'll move on. We will leave the Church and we will leave faith practises so necessary to our survival. We'll no longer celebrate Mass to thank God for all that he offers.

We are invited to refocus on the need to check with Jesus if we really follow him or if we're going away. May we rediscover the importance of our first conscious love with God.

A retreat in prayer, a few days to refocus on Jesus and the quality of our faith will help us to find ourselves in him. Let's give once again our trust to Jesus.
Let's go back to what initially brought us to Jesus. Let's rethink when and how we converted to him. Who convinced us to follow Jesus?

May we dare to move another step forward.

May we dare to find ways to get closer to Jesus.

May we dare to improve in faith.

Let's accept new steps in faith now, otherwise we'll quickly go astray.

___

and thanks for your Love
passing through me
into others hearts.

Normandt

___

and thanks for your Love
passing through me
into others hearts.

Normandt

40. Perseverance

Continuous conversion is necessary if we are to remain strong in the midst of a boat being plagued by high waves, preyed upon by all the promises from the outside, all the illusions that sparkle on the water surface, proposed to us outside the Church.

May conversion be real in our heart and in the heart of our life. May we become lovers of God who loves us first. Let's love God more and more.

Let's ask Jesus's perseverance to remain in him. It's imperative, important today to rest completely, to anchor ourselves firmly in Jesus's love, in order not to be tossed on the waves of life, from one side to the other. It must become a commitment to progress and stabilize our faith, by following Jesus Christ.

Perseverance in faith keeps us glued to our loving God who seeks our "yes" every day. No need to tense up our faces to move forward and be persistent, but let down our barriers one by one and believe in the ways and means received by the Holy Spirit, because God believes in us.

Let's be vigilant. Let's live our faith. This is the first assurance we need to get. Starting the day with the sign of the Cross. Staying in Jesus's Heart. Jesus is Love. Jesus Loves us.

___

and thanks for your Love
passing through me
into others hearts.

Normandt

___

and thanks for your Love
passing through me
into others hearts.

Normandt

41. Caution

To evolve in faith, it is important to observe from time to time, what is and what is not fine in our faith. Let's replace ourselves before Christ, to be at our best and to grow in faith.

A continued conversion allows the jewel of faith to be polished by the hand of God. People who are filled with God's Love become inflamed, they become lights in the world.

Paul invites us to persevere:
Provided that you persevere in the faith, firmly grounded, stable, and not shifting from the hope of the gospel that you heard, which has been preached to every creature under heaven, of which I, Paul, am a minister, Colossians, chapter 1, verse 23

during Mass, among other means. May we remain strong and firm in the faith and strong in the grace of God. And as Paul says:
"To live in a manner worthy of the Lord, so as to be fully pleasing, in every good work bearing fruit and growing in the knowledge of God." Colossians, chapter 1, verse 10

Let's be certain that if we keep Jesus with us, in us, we will make progress "in the true knowledge of God". In Jesus, we will become bearers of God's Love. We will grow in this love and the people accompanying us during our earthly pilgrimage will benefit from it.

___

and thanks for your Love
passing through me
into others hearts.

Normandt

___

and thanks for your Love
passing through me
into others hearts.

Normandt

42. Fears

Fears, anxieties, phobias, etc., are not from God. The more we get closer to Jesus our Lord, the more our lives will turn around and we will observe decrease of the discomfort.

We can ask ourselves: "Do we let the Holy Spirit work in our lives or do we let fear take over?"

If sadness prevails over joy, if the closure of our heart trumps openness to others, if we become stagnant instead of walking behind Jesus, if fear paralyzes us instead of tasting joy and freedom, the Holy Spirit doesn't pass. He can't go where we locked him out. It may be that we spend more time retaining ourselves, locking ourselves up instead of living our faith, free, and in God's Light.

Let's enter quickly into God's delights.

To not choose, to not decide is a devious trap. Elijah speaks these words to the crowd, and they are illuminating for us too:
"How long will you straddle the issue? If the Lord is God, follow him; if Baal, follow him." 1 Kings, chapter 18, verse 21

Elijah's invitation does not require an immediate response, but further reflection that will allow an evolution in faith.

Elijah places the people that he guides in front of their choices. There are only two choices. There will always be only two choices for us. God or whatever.
It's impossible to turn straight ahead. It's just impossible. We must turn either right or left, or go straight. Either we turn or we go straight. It's one or the other. God invites us to go straight. But often we "dance" to the left and then to the right, as souls that get out of hand then we may get out of the path that leads to God.

We are constantly faced with choices more or less simple. But what is interesting in what Elijah offers us is that we're in front of the only decision that really matters. All other decisions we eventually make results from this one. All personal achievements we live will be linked to that decision alone, "Do I choose God or not?" God is God of Love, the Holy Spirit breathes life into us and Jesus came to show us the path to follow to enter Eternal Love. The decision is easy. Or, is it easy?

Nobody can answer that question for us. We have full responsibility. Let's enter our heart and take the time to verify our choices and then align our life in the direction of our choice.

This sentence is to the point:
"Happy those [...] (which) God's law they study day and night, [...] that yields its fruit in season." Psalm 2, verses 1 to 3

With multiple paths already on the subject, we possibly know the answer. God allows us to become what's best for us, if we choose and remain focused on him.

___

and thanks for your Love
passing through me
into others hearts.

Normandt

___

and thanks for your Love
passing through me
into others hearts.

Normandt

43. The Fruits of the Spirit

Let's observe the fruits of the Holy Spirit in the persons, which will unfold in goodness, truthfulness, in reality. If the person's words bear fruit and they are in the will of God, they'll lead to peace, joy, life, to all the gifts and charisms of the Holy Spirit, we can then follow what they live internally and be inspired by them.

If not, let's be careful with all the teachings that are given in the world. No need to deny and banish them, but let's separate the speeches that lead us to God from the ones that can separate us from him.

And why not internally compare the teachings we hear, not to discredit it at once, but to help us understand and refocus on Jesus. Let's ask Jesus to enlighten what's good in what we receive as teachings.

The same is true for gestures. Let's observe if the gestures of people lead to charity or not. As we listen and observe the others, we can achieve the same study on our ability to want to live and transmit values and if we live it well.

Let's ask Jesus to help us discern between what is from God and his Holy Spirit of what divides, separates us from him. People we meet may have good intentions, but the path they have chosen may lead away from God, then we are set astray with them. Let's be aware and careful.

___

and thanks for your Love
passing through me
into others hearts.

Normandt

___

and thanks for your Love
passing through me
into others hearts.

Normandt

44. To seek light

To seek the light of God is a process to do every day of our lives. Let's rise:
"Rise up in splendour! Your light has come, the glory of the Lord shines upon you." Isaiah, chapter 60, verse 1

What is the light that we seek? The Light is already on us. The Light of the Lord, the light of the Trinity is always on us, and it is for us to welcome it, to receive and be enlightened by it.

Jesus's light is to be demanded on us often, then we allow God to illuminate our lives and help us move forward on a quiet road, a better-defined road since we become better informed. With the light of God, we discern more in the depths of our heart what's necessarily needed for the road.

A sincere prayer of the heart is the best way to unite with God, to welcome him and be enlightened. It focuses us on God and allows him to do the cleaning of our existence.

A prayer that's already written, as the prayer of Jesus is, the Our Father, said with the heart, is an act of love. Each time we pray with an already written prayer or from within us, if it's said with the heart, it's an "I love you" to God.

We will possibly be distracted during our prayer time. These distractions are an opportunity for us to give them to God. This is part of our internal cleansing. It creates space to better accommodate God's Presence in us.

___

and thanks for your Love
passing through me
into others hearts.