Our Lady of Lourdes Novena begins today!

Started by Kaesekopf, February 02, 2016, 08:59:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaesekopf

The novena to Our Lady of Lourdes begins today!  There are two options for the novena.

Novena Option 1
O ever Immaculate Virgin, Mother of Mercy, Health of the Sick, Refuge of Sinners, Comfort to the Afflicted, you know my wants, my troubles, my sufferings. Deign to cast upon me a look of mercy. By appearing in the Grotto of Lourdes, you were pleased to make it  a privileged sanctuary, whence you dispense your favors; and already many sufferers have obtained the cure of their infirmities, both spiritual and corporal. I come, therefore, with the most unbounded confidence to implore your maternal intercession. Obtain,  O loving Mother, the granting of my requests. Through gratitude for favors, I will endeavor to imitate your virtues that I may one day share your glory.
Our Lady of Lourdes, pray for us. Amen.
(Our Father, Hail Mary, Glory Be.)

Novena Option 2
Prayer to Our Lady of Lourdes
O Mary Immaculate, Our Lady of Lourdes, we kneel before you as did little Bernadette at Lourdes and pray with childlike trust in you that as we contemplate your glorious appearance at Lourdes, you will look with mercy on our present petition and secure for us a favorable answer to the request for which we are making this novena. (make your request)

Our Lady of Lourdes, show unto us the mercy of the Mother of God, Virgin Mary, Queen and
Mother, be our comfort, hope, strength, and consolation. Amen.

Our Lady of Lourdes, pray for us.
Saint Bernadette, pray for us

Please join us in praying.  :)

Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Christe Eleison

Quote from: Kaesekopf on February 02, 2016, 08:59:36 AM
The novena to Our Lady of Lourdes begins today!  There are two options for the novena.

Novena Option 1
O ever Immaculate Virgin, Mother of Mercy, Health of the Sick, Refuge of Sinners, Comfort to the Afflicted, you know my wants, my troubles, my sufferings. Deign to cast upon me a look of mercy. By appearing in the Grotto of Lourdes, you were pleased to make it  a privileged sanctuary, whence you dispense your favors; and already many sufferers have obtained the cure of their infirmities, both spiritual and corporal. I come, therefore, with the most unbounded confidence to implore your maternal intercession. Obtain,  O loving Mother, the granting of my requests. Through gratitude for favors, I will endeavor to imitate your virtues that I may one day share your glory.
Our Lady of Lourdes, pray for us. Amen.
(Our Father, Hail Mary, Glory Be.)

Novena Option 2
Prayer to Our Lady of Lourdes
O Mary Immaculate, Our Lady of Lourdes, we kneel before you as did little Bernadette at Lourdes and pray with childlike trust in you that as we contemplate your glorious appearance at Lourdes, you will look with mercy on our present petition and secure for us a favorable answer to the request for which we are making this novena. (make your request)

Our Lady of Lourdes, show unto us the mercy of the Mother of God, Virgin Mary, Queen and
Mother, be our comfort, hope, strength, and consolation. Amen.

Our Lady of Lourdes, pray for us.
Saint Bernadette, pray for us

Please join us in praying.  :)

Thank you, KK. Beautiful picture. Our Lady of Lourdes, pray for us  :pray3: :pray2: :pray1:

Kaesekopf

This starts tomorrow!

Please join me (us?)!

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

MundaCorMeum

PerEvangelicaDicta

No coincidence with God!   Yesterday I pulled up my OLOL tabs and got out my info at home, then ya'll posted this!  God bless you.   
They shall not be confounded in the evil time; and in the days of famine they shall be filled
Psalms 36:19

martin88nyc

I started a novena to St. Dymphna on monday and today I felt urged to pick up my prayer card stack (I compiled a healing pack, it's not perfect yet but good enough for now . One of the cards is Our Lady of Lourdes. This is very providential. God works in mysterious ways. I said the prayer from the card asking for intervention and consolation.
"These things I have spoken to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you shall have distress: but have confidence, I have overcome the world." John 16:33

dymphna17

Quote from: Kaesekopf on February 01, 2018, 09:43:42 PM
This starts tomorrow!

Please join me (us?)!

Us is good.  I was going to post something about this and saw that you had beat me to it!  Thank you!   :pray3: :pray2: :pray1:

?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

MundaCorMeum

Kaesekopf

PerEvangelicaDicta

What is to be Inferred, by Faith, from all these Wonders?
by Mgr. De Segur, 1869

Before this glorious collection of miracles, heaped, so to say, one on another, and the evidence of which is obvious to the most ignorant, let us rejoice that we are children of the holy Catholic Church, which God never ceases to visit, and to which He continues to give the pre-eminently divine testimony of miracles. In the beginning, miracles were the great proof of the truth of faith; although they be now no longer necessary, miracles are none the less useful to our intelligence, and experience shows how powerfully they revive and console our faith.

But if faith is divine and absolutely certain, let us be consistent with ourselves; let us practice it faithfully, energetically, cost what it may, without calculating. We have the truth, we possess the true light and the true life; let us be Christians, let us be fervent.

In the second place, as we have said before, let us conclude from all these wonders, not only the legitimacy, but also the excellence, of devotion to the Blessed Virgin. We live in a time of half-rationalism, when many Christians themselves are full of prejudice in regard to piety; let us not be led away by this half-Protestantism, and, as true children; of the Catholic Church, let us love, serve, and honor, with all our strength, the Blessed Virgin, Mother of God, and Queen of the elect. Provided that we do not adore her (for adoration, every one knows, is due to God alone) provided that we do not adore her, we are always below what we owe her. Tell me what Christian will love and honor the Blessed Virgin as much as her divine Son, our Lord, has loved and honored her?

In the third place, let us draw from the contemplation of the wonders of Lourdes a renewal of the spirit of faith and an ardent devotion to the mystery of the Immaculate Conception, This mystery is the precious pearl of our century, and the shield of the Church in the struggles of the latter times which are approaching.

What, in truth, is the grace of the mystery of the Immaculate Conception, if it be not the grace of the total triumph of the Blessed Virgin over Satan? She crushes his head, and, on that account, he can do nothing against her. From Mary this grace of innocence and of victory flows to the Church, in order that the Church may also totally triumph over the old serpent who, for six thousand years, has seduced the world. Armed with the grace of the Immaculate Conception, assisted by her Queen, the Virgin Mary, conceived without sin, the Church will crush the serpent's head and triumph over Antichrist. All of us faithful Catholics, children of Mary, living members of Jesus, let us arm our selves with this same grace, let us walk in this light, and, following the beloved steps of the Immaculate, of the Virgin without stain, let us lead a life pure and innocent, strong in faith, faithful to the Eucharist, fervent in prayer.

The great miracle of Lourdes, unique in its kind, is, as it were, the heavenly crowning of the dogmatic definition of December 8, 1854; it seems to be the echo, the divine reflection, thereof. The Immaculate Virgin and Pius IX., the mystery of the Immaculate Conception and that of the Papal infallibility, should not be separated either in our minds or in our hearts.

Consoling evidence of Catholic faith and of the excellence of the devotion to, and love of, the Blessed Virgin; fidelity to the sovereign grace of the mystery of tho Immaculate Conception such, in the eyes of faith, are the three first conclusions which shine, like rays of light, from the marvels which the mercy of God has made manifest in these last years at the grotto of Lourdes.

They shall not be confounded in the evil time; and in the days of famine they shall be filled

dymphna17

Day 4!

Thank you PerE for that lovely post.   :)
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

PerEvangelicaDicta

Quote from: dymphna17 on February 05, 2018, 03:04:12 PM
Day 4!

Thank you PerE for that lovely post.   :)

I am so moved by the sermon of the good Monsignor, written a scant 11 years after Her appearances at Lourdes. 

mikemac

Like John Vennari (RIP) said "Why not just do it?  What would it hurt?"
Consecrate Russia to the Immaculate Heart of Mary (PETITION)
https://lifepetitions.com/petition/consecrate-russia-to-the-immaculate-heart-of-mary-petition

"We would be mistaken to think that Fatima's prophetic mission is complete." Benedict XVI May 13, 2010

"Tell people that God gives graces through the Immaculate Heart of Mary.  Tell them also to pray to the Immaculate Heart of Mary for peace, since God has entrusted it to Her." Saint Jacinta Marto

The real nature of hope is "despair, overcome."
Source

PerEvangelicaDicta

dymphna17

Lest anyone forget, Day 6!!  Our Lady of Lourdes, pray for us!   :pray3:
?