go to bed

Started by Carleendiane, September 11, 2016, 01:19:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carleendiane

Ok. Gonna abandon a thread that's had a good run, but dying. Gonna put it to bed. Gnite.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Kaesekopf

Quote from: Carleendiane on July 17, 2018, 06:11:45 PM
Ok. Gonna abandon a thread that's had a good run, but dying. Gonna put it to bed. Gnite.
Awwww :(

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk

Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

PerEvangelicaDicta

CD, are you in bed yet?  I sure hope so, young lady.... past your bedtime.

Now that I've moved to another time zone, I can jump in here somewhat often, if you want to resurrect it.

About to pour a glass of wine and have some manchego, waiting for dinner.  Here's to you, sweetest Carleendiane! 
And all the other "go to bed" peeps....  you too, Kaes!   :cheeseheadbeer:

May the Most Holy Trinity provide dreams of Heavenly things, through His Holy Mother, and the angels and saints surround you.
They shall not be confounded in the evil time; and in the days of famine they shall be filled
Psalms 36:19

Carleendiane

Dear Per, not in bed. Slurping my ....ummmmm, sleep elixer, yes, that. Your cheeriness is a pleasant surprise in my old thread. Maybe not dead yet! The thread, that is, lol.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

PerEvangelicaDicta

Well, it's pretty late in Carleendiane's neck of the woods, so I assume you are sleeping with angels watching over you at the moment.  Sorry I'm late to say goodnight to the EST and Central time folk, busy as can be today.

Novena prayers offered for ya'll, with special invocation to Our Lady of Lourdes.   Someone be sure to turn off the lights?  Don't forget to say your prayers.

:grouphug: :pray1:
They shall not be confounded in the evil time; and in the days of famine they shall be filled

PerEvangelicaDicta

I just sat down with my "sleep elixir" CD.  A toast to you and the SD family.   Have to remember to lock the door, turn off the wifi and turn out the lights.  And pray I don't step on 2 sleeping mutts on my way to the bedroom.  Spouse is away and they are now super vigilant, sleeping near the door, growling at any little noise. I tried to tell them that the glock is locked and loaded, but they're just doing what they do.

Getting better with the saber.  I wonder if I could en garde an intruder lol   
On second thought, I could end up like this:
[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ua_TZ84hmEA[/yt]

Carleendiane

On my way, just want to say I miss you lovely peeps. Life has been so totally unpredictable.  No way could I have foreseen the direction my life would be taking at this time. I have no reason to doubt the path before me, but it is tough to follow. Tough to wrap this old head around.I do hope Servus is doing well.. . such a sweet young lady. And Laus, hope all goes well, regarding marriage and new job and location. Hope Martin is well. Arebyou doing any better, Martin? And Ches, my sweet Ches, ...you hear me? Prayers for you, lovely wife, beautiful children. Per, your new  place of residence.....I hope it will soon feel like HOME to you and dear hubby. Orate......peace to you during this your anniversary, with the  most obvious and painful void in your life. Thank God for your children! 9th for this sorry soul, please? Just an Ave will do. Thank you. Carleen, most bewildered.

PerEvangelicaDicta

We sure love you, my friend!

Now, rest easy, I'll lock up and make sure the cat is in.  Yes, I said "in".  Coyotes are clever, and my neighbors are a bit close, and wouldn't appreciate me picking them off.  The coyotes, I mean LOL

Every day, dear Carleendiane  :pray1:

PerEvangelicaDicta

Before we know it. our beloved "hostess with the mostess'  will be back.  In the meantime, I will awkwardly but diligently endeavor to say good night in her stead as often as possible.

So here is a prayer for ya'll's sorry butts, and may God hold you in the palm of His Hand.

Much love to you, SD family :grouphug:  :pray1:

maryslittlegarden

For a Child is born to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace

PerEvangelicaDicta

Good-night, sweet Jesus, guard us in our sleep.
Our souls and bodies in Thy love keep.
Waking or sleeping, be Thou our morning light.
Dear gentle Saviour, good-night, good-night.

Good-night, sweet Jesus, guard us in our sleep.
You are our shepherd, Lord; we are your sheep.
When we awaken, be Thou our morning light.
Dear gentle Saviour, good-night, good-night.

Good-night, dear Jesus. Good-night. Good-night.

PerEvangelicaDicta

Good Night, Holy Head of My Jesus
[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVZhUXhFo1Y[/yt]

Ref. Good night, Holy Head of My Jesus,
who was wounded in body and mind.
Goodnight rosy flower,
Goodnight beloved Jesus, goodnight!

Good night, holy hair, heavily torn,
and stained with most sacred Blood.
Refrain

Good night, holy neck, chained and shackled,
Be praised for all of eternity.
Refrain

Good night, holy hands, outstretched on the Cross,
As the strings of the lute, when they are tuned.
Refrain

PerEvangelicaDicta

God, come to my assistance.
Lord make haste to help me.
Glory be to the Father,
and to the Son,
and the Holy Spirit;
as it was in the beginning,
is now and ever shall be,
world without end.

Amen.

PerEvangelicaDicta

Good night, friends of Christ.

Warwick