go to bed

Started by Carleendiane, September 11, 2016, 01:19:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carleendiane

Quote from: Chestertonian on October 08, 2016, 07:53:18 PM
just woke up from a long nap....the night is young (until i go to sleep that is)

everyone else in the house is quiet but the Mrs sets alarm for 11:30causethat is when my dialysis is over

Ches, you can be the responder tonight. Who knows, there could be threads going up with no one to respond to them. .People may be out or already asleep. Leave no thread unanswered! It's an important job, but someone has to do it.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Greg

I'm awake, recovering from norovirus.
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

Carleendiane

To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Carleendiane

Just warming up the go to bed thread. Of course it's too early, but though it could use some revving up.

Chestertonian

Quote from: Carleendiane on October 09, 2016, 06:20:15 PM
Just warming up the go to bed thread. Of course it's too early, but though it could use some revving up.
kids are both sleeping here my wife is working the debate..still on maternity leave but working a few key days.

My mom is sleeping over and they made a jackolamtern
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Carleendiane

Quote from: Chestertonian on October 09, 2016, 07:07:10 PM
Quote from: Carleendiane on October 09, 2016, 06:20:15 PM
kids are both sleeping here my wife is working the debate..still on maternity leave but working a few key days.

My mom is sleeping over and they made a jackolamtern

Oh yes, she worked the last one didn't she? Maybe that was a rally for Democrats. Anyway, good mom you have. Jack of lanterns. I used to love cutting them out. Daughter grew her own pumpkins. I have never grown pumpkins. Love pumpkin pie. Do they bake and salt the seeds? We used too. Sounds like a pleasant evening, Ches.

Carleendiane

Winding down. Not time yet. Eating some ice cream. Right before bed. I know I'll regret it. Tomorrow. Not tonight.

Carleendiane

Anxiously awaiting another good night's sleep. Maybe Dymphna will sleep tonight. That 4:00 thread has to be a tough one to keep going. Maybe some night I will pop in on my way back from the bathroom. Don't wait up for me dymphna!

Lynne

Looking forward to going to bed...

2 hours to go...
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Stella Maris

I haven't even had dinner yet. You must all be in Europe!  :D

Carleendiane

Quote from: Stella Maris on October 11, 2016, 05:09:40 PM
I haven't even had dinner yet. You must all be in Europe!  :D

Stella EAT! Not European. Just your ordinary small farm barons. We get tired chopping wood and sowing winter wheat. Stacking and properly storing our wood and kindling is quite mentally and physically demanding. Do you have any idea how taxing it is to keep up appearances in farm country? Keeping the place looking groomed as well as yourself? Oh the big farmers can look worn out and a bit tattered. The small farmers have to look good AND be attractive. The big farmers are expected to show up at Tractor and Supply in their bib overalls but if all you have is a small little farm, you have to look like your having fun and just playing farmer. It's a hard life. We go to bed exhausted. Someday we'll move out and leave the place to our boys and find a place requiring very little upkeep. But until then, we will play the game of small farmer and pour ridiculous amounts of energy into our little piece of heaven, which is what it is. Just lovely.

Now if none of the above made sense, Stella, don't worry. It was part rant and part excuse for going to bed before 11. You are in college. You are expected to stay up late and pour over books. As it should be.We on the other hand are just a bit older and more worn out. And maybe a bit stupid.

Carleendiane

Not in bed yet! Just wrapping things up. Tooth hurts. Trying to ignore. Second thought, maybe should get some advil. Could be a long nite. I may see you tonight ,Dymphna. 4:00 thread! Probably not. I am kinda wimpy. Just go to bed. Ok. I will.

Carleendiane

12:12. Gone to bed. Checking out. Leaving a nite light on. Goodnight all!

Chestertonian

Carleen upumust have late night tonight for your birthday,happy birthday . Iam having sleep study supposed to be sleeping
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Carleendiane

Quote from: Chestertonian on October 12, 2016, 06:34:45 PM
Carleen upumust have late night tonight for your birthday,happy birthday . Iam having sleep study supposed to be sleeping

Yes I stayed out almost until 9:00. Had a shrimp dinner. Was very good. Already drank my wine. Let dog out, fed cat. . Ches, you be good for your sleep study. No horsing around. Time to get down to the business of sleeping. Thanks for opening the go to bed thread! Nice to know that if I'm gone, someone will step in and carry on.