Massive Tornado Outbreak 6 pm CST

Started by james03, April 26, 2024, 05:15:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

james03

Live stream:

Mile wide F5 wedge on the ground in Iowa.
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

"Although He should kill me, I will trust in Him"

LausTibiChriste

How many people a year die from tornados in the US?
Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

Lynne

Quote from: LausTibiChriste on April 27, 2024, 02:47:23 AMHow many people a year die from tornados in the US?

I've started using the Brave search engine.

How many people a year die from tornados in the US?
According to the provided search results, the US Annual Tornado Death Tolls, 1875-present, show that on average, around 71 people die from tornadoes in the United States every year.

AI-generated answer. Please verify critical facts. Learn more

In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

LausTibiChriste

Would have expected more considering how bloody massive those things can get

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Lynne

The warning systems are much better now than they used to be.
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

maryslittlegarden

I don't exactly live in Tornado Alley but these are interesting reads.  1st is the town I grew up in.  My grandmother lived about half an hour away and they could see it. 57 people killed and more injured according to the account. A lot of the "grandparent generation" when I was growing up had stories about this one.

https://www.weather.gov/fgf/1919_06_22_FergusFallsTornado

Second is where I live now (Fargo) and was in 1957.
https://www.weather.gov/fgf/fargo57tornado
For a Child is born to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace

james03

Some videos from the storm chasers.  Really great footage.

"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

LausTibiChriste

Quote from: james03 on April 29, 2024, 08:17:07 AMSome videos from the storm chasers.  Really great footage.

Mother nature is an absolute beast.

- MaximGun

james03

That was a close one.  A tornado went about 1 mile away from my house.  Here's a picture when it was fully developed:

It was a mile wide wedge.  At least an F4.

I said my Hail Mary, and just south of us it got hit by another line of storms which busted it up.  Probably an F2 when it went by.  No damage to me, but the power is out.

LausTibiChriste

Call on St Peter of Verona if the storms are getting too close.

@james03 are you familiar with Dutchsinse?

- MaximGun

james03

Gardener

We were watching Ryan Hall Y'all's channel when this was happening. Wife is a total weather nerd. Glad you stayed safe. Real bummer about Barnsdall, and Sulphur a few days (week?) ago.
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

james03

I was watching Ryan Hall Y'all also. They rated it an EF-2 when it hit us with 135 mph winds.  It was a mile away when it went by, so no damage to us.  Barndall was an EF-4.