Last movie you saw?

Started by tmw89, December 27, 2012, 03:03:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bernadette

My Lord and my God.

Christina_S

Green Lantern. I have literally no idea why. It was a poor life choice.
"You cannot be a half-saint; you must be a whole saint or no saint at all." ~St. Therese of Lisieux

Check out the blog that I run with my husband! https://theromanticcatholic.wordpress.com/
Latest posts: Why "Be Yourself" is Bad Advice
Fascination with Novelty
The Wedding Garment of Faith

Bernadette

Fried Green Tomatoes. I love that movie.
My Lord and my God.

Melkor

Revenge of the Sith. Watching Clone Wars in canonical order made it so much better.
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost.

"Am I not here, I who am your mother?" Mary to Juan Diego

"Let a man walk ten miles steadily on a hot summer's day along a dusty English road, and he will soon discover why beer was invented." G.K. Chesterton

"Blessed are they that hunger and thirst after justice: for they shall have their fill." Jesus Christ

Kent

Finished Tarkovsky's Filmography in order with Stalker.
I do profess to be no less than I seem, to serve him truly
that will put me in trust, to love him that is honest, to
converse with him that is wise and says little, to fear
judgment, to fight when I cannot choose, and to eat no fish.

Kaesekopf

Recently began (and intend to finish) The FBI Story starring Jimmy Stewart.

Last weekend, the wife and I watched the 1970s Death on the Nile.  Having never read an Agatha Christie book, it was pretty enjoyable. 
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Christina_S

Considering showing my husband High School Musical because he's never seen it, but I don't know if I want to traumatize the poor man with that...

Quote from: Kaesekopf on February 18, 2022, 10:45:13 AMLast weekend, the wife and I watched the 1970s Death on the Nile.  Having never read an Agatha Christie book, it was pretty enjoyable.
Planning to watch the upcoming version with Gal Gadot and Armie Hammer?
"You cannot be a half-saint; you must be a whole saint or no saint at all." ~St. Therese of Lisieux

Check out the blog that I run with my husband! https://theromanticcatholic.wordpress.com/
Fascination with Novelty

Lynne

Dr Strangelove is on TCM right now, just started.
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Bernadette

My Lord and my God.

Kaesekopf

Quote from: Christina_S on February 18, 2022, 01:05:33 PM
Quote from: Kaesekopf on February 18, 2022, 10:45:13 AMLast weekend, the wife and I watched the 1970s Death on the Nile.  Having never read an Agatha Christie book, it was pretty enjoyable.

The wife saw it in the theaters, and was upset at the hamfisted diversity they threw in there.  She wasn't a big fan of the movie, overall. 

Which is to say, probably not.  :lol:
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Christina_S

Quote from: Kaesekopf on February 22, 2022, 09:11:27 AM

The wife saw it in the theaters, and was upset at the hamfisted diversity they threw in there.  She wasn't a big fan of the movie, overall. 

Nothing like forced diversity, particularly the hamfisted variety, to ruin a film :lol:

Fascination with Novelty

red solo cup

Quote from: Christina_S on February 22, 2022, 08:46:20 PM
Quote from: Kaesekopf on February 22, 2022, 09:11:27 AM

Nothing like forced diversity, particularly the hamfisted variety, to ruin a film :lol:
Speaking of diversity; Been watching The Great, about Catherine the Great. Who knew that a portion of Russian nobility were black. It's infuriating. The rewriting of history is right out of 1984.
non impediti ratione cogitationis

Kent

Come and See, which I found hellishly arresting but ultimately propagandic. Followed it with The Tree of Wooden Clogs, which is probably the exact opposite kind of film. Has abruptly become a favorite of mine. Regret not seeing sooner.
I do profess to be no less than I seem, to serve him truly
that will put me in trust, to love him that is honest, to
converse with him that is wise and says little, to fear
judgment, to fight when I cannot choose, and to eat no fish.

drummerboy

The Sandlot.  Haven't watched this move in easily 15+ years, and still good.
- I'll get with the times when the times are worth getting with

"I like grumpy old cusses.  Hope to live long enough to be one" - John Wayne

Aulef

The Reluctant Saint (1962). A movie about Saint Joseph of Cupertino.

It was better than I expected.
Tota pulchra es, Maria
Et macula originalis non est in Te