Last movie you saw?

Started by tmw89, December 27, 2012, 03:03:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maximilian

Leave No Trace

https://bleeckerstreetmedia.com/leavenotrace

Beautiful, touching story.
Rated PG but could have been G.

Currently playing at the discount theaters.

red solo cup

Quote from: Maximilian on September 02, 2018, 07:49:18 PM
Leave No Trace

https://bleeckerstreetmedia.com/leavenotrace

Beautiful, touching story.
Rated PG but could have been G.

Currently playing at the discount theaters.

By the same guy who did Winter's Bone which was very good.
non impediti ratione cogitationis

drummerboy

- I'll get with the times when the times are worth getting with

"I like grumpy old cusses.  Hope to live long enough to be one" - John Wayne

Bernadette

Fried Green Tomatoes. Love that movie. :)
My Lord and my God.

Jacob

I went to see The Sound of Music in the theater on Sunday.  Because helicopter shots of the Alps only really work on the big screen.  It's true.
"Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time."
--Neal Stephenson

Jacob

I just finished Won't You Be My Neighbor, the movie on Fred Rogers.
"Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time."
--Neal Stephenson

Bernadette

Quote from: Jacob on September 11, 2018, 09:23:32 PM

Was it excellent? I can't wait to see it.
My Lord and my God.

maryslittlegarden

Quote from: Jacob on September 11, 2018, 05:53:48 PM
I went to see The Sound of Music in the theater on Sunday.  Because helicopter shots of the Alps only really work on the big screen.  It's true.

Yeah some things are just better that way.  I saw Spartacus (Kirk Douglas et al) at one of our local movie theaters some years ago.  Nothing beats the Roman army scenes on a big screen.
For a Child is born to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace

Larry

T-MEN, a film noir from 1947. Great movie.
"At the evening of life, we shall be judged on our love."-St. John of the Cross

Heinrich

Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Jacob

Quote from: Bernadette on September 12, 2018, 09:49:51 AM
Quote from: Jacob on September 11, 2018, 09:23:32 PM

Was it excellent? I can't wait to see it.

It really was excellent, yes.  It had a lot of clips from the sixties and seventies.  It was amazing how they weaved together shots from the show that were obviously separated by decades, but fit together perfectly due to Mr. Rogers sticking to his format (for instance, when he takes off his shoe and throws it from one hand to the other).

Quote from: maryslittlegarden on September 12, 2018, 02:05:42 PM
Quote from: Jacob on September 11, 2018, 05:53:48 PM

Yeah some things are just better that way.  I saw Spartacus (Kirk Douglas et al) at one of our local movie theaters some years ago.  Nothing beats the Roman army scenes on a big screen.

Spartacus would be a great one, yes.
--Neal Stephenson

maryslittlegarden

Pride & Prejudice (1940) version
For a Child is born to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace

Kaesekopf

The Quiet Man.

Makes me miss Ireland.   :cheeseheadbeer: :cheeseheadbeer: :cheeseheadbeer:
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Jacob

Quote from: Kaesekopf on September 15, 2018, 10:47:51 PM
The Quiet Man.

Makes me miss Ireland.   :cheeseheadbeer: :cheeseheadbeer: :cheeseheadbeer:

I like the political undercurrents of that movie.  I pick up on them the more I watch.
--Neal Stephenson

martin88nyc

The Terminal and  The Bucket List
"These things I have spoken to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you shall have distress: but have confidence, I have overcome the world." John 16:33