Last movie you saw?

Started by tmw89, December 27, 2012, 03:03:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaesekopf

I need to watch the Seventh Seal.

In the meantime, though, Young Fronkensteen is on Netflix, so, I'm watching that. 
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Lydia Purpuraria

Quote from: martin88nyc on July 08, 2017, 11:40:50 AM
Quote from: Lydia Purpuraria on July 08, 2017, 06:16:03 AM
Watched this last night:

how was it?

I really liked it, Martin. It's visually so beautiful and captivating that I could love it strictly from the aesthetic/cinematography angle alone.  The themes are obviously somewhat grim, some would say (to paraphrase a line) "The movie was eloquent all right ... but what it had to say was most depressing."  But I liked it nonetheless.  Still thinking about it, and wondering which of his films I should watch next.  (This was the first of his I've seen.)

martin88nyc

Quote from: Kaesekopf on July 08, 2017, 11:16:11 PM

In the meantime, though, Young Fronkensteen is on Netflix, so, I'm watching that.
young Franke is so cool. I watched it last month.
"These things I have spoken to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you shall have distress: but have confidence, I have overcome the world." John 16:33

Kaesekopf

Quote from: martin88nyc on July 09, 2017, 11:08:30 AM

young Franke is so cool. I watched it last month.
It's easily my desert island movie.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Bernadette

I watched it years ago, and didn't understand it in the least. I prefer Fanny and Alexander, though even that has some strange elements.
My Lord and my God.

Lydia Purpuraria

Quote from: Bernadette on July 09, 2017, 01:36:56 PM

I watched it years ago, and didn't understand it in the least.

What made it that way for you, do you think?  Was it unrelatable?  Something else?

QuoteI prefer Fanny and Alexander, though even that has some strange elements.

That's on my watchlist, so one of these days I hope to get around to watching it.

Heinrich

D'joo think it was funny?
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

red solo cup

The Prince on Netflix. Cusack and Willis were both wooden. Meh.
non impediti ratione cogitationis

Bernadette

Quote from: Lydia Purpuraria on July 09, 2017, 05:00:36 PM
Quote from: Bernadette on July 09, 2017, 01:36:56 PM

I watched it years ago, and didn't understand it in the least.

What made it that way for you, do you think?  Was it unrelatable?  Something else?

QuoteI prefer Fanny and Alexander, though even that has some strange elements.

That's on my watchlist, so one of these days I hope to get around to watching it.
Honestly, it's been so long that I can't even remember why I didn't like it.  :lol: But I need to just buy Fanny and Alexander (the television version, which is longer) so that I can watch it whenever I want. I love the Christmas part. :)
My Lord and my God.

Lydia Purpuraria

Quote from: Bernadette on July 10, 2017, 08:28:05 AM
Honestly, it's been so long that I can't even remember why I didn't like it.  :lol: But I need to just buy Fanny and Alexander (the television version, which is longer) so that I can watch it whenever I want. I love the Christmas part. :)

;D  I know how that goes. 

I'm thinking maybe I just need to go ahead and move Fanny and Alexander on up closer to the top of my watchlist.  You're not the first person that's told me they really liked that movie.  It's long though, so it will bump probably two other movies out of their current slots, but such is life. (And don't I make my watchlist sound soo important!  ::) LOL)

Bernadette

You can watch it for free here:

https://www.filmstruck.com/sign-up?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&gclid=CK-QreT4_tQCFZi4wAodRlgPWQ along with loads of other Criterion Collection movies. 'Bout time they got their own streaming website. I just started my free trial. :)
My Lord and my God.

Lydia Purpuraria

Quote from: Bernadette on July 10, 2017, 08:46:37 AM
You can watch it for free here:

https://www.filmstruck.com/sign-up?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&gclid=CK-QreT4_tQCFZi4wAodRlgPWQ along with loads of other Criterion Collection movies. 'Bout time they got their own streaming website. I just started my free trial. :)

Wow, that's great -- good movie galore!  Thank you for the link, Bernadette.  I'll be joining you in the free trial shortly!   ;D

Greg

Mission Impossible 5.  I enjoyed it more than the previous 4
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

Kaesekopf

Quote from: Heinrich on July 09, 2017, 05:22:07 PM

D'joo think it was funny?

Funniest movie I can think of. 

Mel Brooks is one funny Jew.

martin88nyc

Speaking of funny and jewish reminds me of a great comedy with Louis Defunes
Rabbi Jacob. you've got to watch this movie especially if your jewish :thumbsup:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0069747/
"These things I have spoken to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you shall have distress: but have confidence, I have overcome the world." John 16:33