Last movie you saw?

Started by tmw89, December 27, 2012, 03:03:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Non Nobis

Little Boy
Something simple and sweet after finishing Taxes 2015.
[Matthew 8:26]  And Jesus saith to them: Why are you fearful, O ye of little faith? Then rising up he commanded the winds, and the sea, and there came a great calm.

[Job  38:1-5]  Then the Lord answered Job out of a whirlwind, and said: [2] Who is this that wrappeth up sentences in unskillful words? [3] Gird up thy loins like a man: I will ask thee, and answer thou me. [4] Where wast thou when I laid up the foundations of the earth? tell me if thou hast understanding. [5] Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

Jesus, Mary, I love Thee! Save souls!

Bernadette

My Lord and my God.

Ulrich Von Lichtenstein

Band of Robbers. Many many years ago, among the first books I ever read in English were Tom Sawyer and Huckleberry Finn, so I thought this movie was a relatively well done transposition of those characters into an alternative modern setting. Often when they try to do this in film it can be quite gimmicky and lame, but I thought this one wasn't too bad.

maryslittlegarden

Working my way through The Adams Chronicles on Youtube
For a Child is born to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace

red solo cup

non impediti ratione cogitationis

Ulrich Von Lichtenstein

Quote from: red solo cup on April 15, 2016, 07:02:44 PM
Book of Eli. Very good.

I did not like that it was the KJV, or that at the end the Bible is placed on equal footing with the koran.

zork

Christus vincit, Christus regnat, Christus imperat.

red solo cup

Quote from: Ulrich Von Lichtenstein on April 15, 2016, 07:50:49 PM
Quote from: red solo cup on April 15, 2016, 07:02:44 PM
Book of Eli. Very good.

I did not like that it was the KJV, or that at the end the Bible is placed on equal footing with the koran.
Agreed. I thought the ending was poor.
non impediti ratione cogitationis

Bernadette

Wolf Children. Slice-of-life with a fantastical streak. Overall, well done.
My Lord and my God.

Kaesekopf

Song of Bernadette (1943)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Ulrich Von Lichtenstein

Kaesekopf

Quote from: Ulrich Von Lichtenstein on April 21, 2016, 02:11:58 AM
Super

How was it and who is in it?

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Ulrich Von Lichtenstein

Quote from: Kaesekopf on April 21, 2016, 03:03:59 AM
Quote from: Ulrich Von Lichtenstein on April 21, 2016, 02:11:58 AM
Super

How was it and who is in it?

It is a little graphic in places, but I thought the end "take home" message of the whole film was quite good, you would have to see it to get what I mean. It has Rainn Wilson, Liv Tyler, Kevin Bacon, and Ellen Page.

I watch a lot of English language films with the subtitles on in English also, as although my English isn't too bad it helps me keep the grammar and syntax in mind also.

maryslittlegarden

Quote from: Kaesekopf on April 21, 2016, 01:52:20 AM

Love that one. 
For a Child is born to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace

Kaesekopf

Quote from: maryslittlegarden on April 21, 2016, 06:37:06 AM
Quote from: Kaesekopf on April 21, 2016, 01:52:20 AM

Love that one.

It was pretty good.  Kinda disappointed in the fictionalized account, since I usually find history far more intriguing than a novelization, but oh well, still good.