Previous topic - Next topic

Ulrich Von Lichtenstein

Quote from: LoneWolfRadTrad on February 23, 2016, 09:32:22 AM
Quote from: LausTibiChriste on February 19, 2016, 03:08:54 AM
Quote from: Kaesekopf on February 18, 2016, 11:41:04 PM
Quote from: Ulrich Von Lichtenstein on February 18, 2016, 11:36:18 PM
Quote from: Kaesekopf on February 18, 2016, 11:15:03 PM
I saw Deadpool.

It was a lot more raunchy/adult than I expected.

It's a pretty grown up franchise. I like how the picture memes are circulating on Facebook lately reminding parents of this fact!

I am still waiting to go see it, but looking forward to seeing how good of a job they did of the film!

It is.  I knew it was rather "mature"-aimed, but I found a number of scenes/settings to be completely unnecessary to the furthering of the plot.

You must never have seen a made-in-Hollywood movie before!

A long time buddy of mine who reads Deadpool comics told me that it was far too foul mouthed.  That even in the comics, Deadpool isn't so potty mouthed.  Much less sexualized too from comics he's shown me.

Oh, that sounds bad... I read the comics, and they can get pretty obscene sometimes. I wouldn't show them to women or children for example...

Bonaventure

"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

Kaesekopf

Quote from: Bonaventure on March 12, 2016, 11:52:18 PM
10 Cloverfield Lane

How was it? 

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Bonaventure

It was astounding. Watch it.
"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

Kaesekopf

Awesome. 

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

aquinas138

Haven't been to the theater in a long time, but I watched Man of Steel with the kiddos last night.
What shall we call you, O full of grace? * Heaven? for you have shone forth the Sun of Righteousness. * Paradise? for you have brought forth the Flower of immortality. * Virgin? for you have remained incorrupt. * Pure Mother? for you have held in your holy embrace your Son, the God of all. * Entreat Him to save our souls.

zork

Christus vincit, Christus regnat, Christus imperat.

red solo cup

Cavalry. Very good. Didn't care for the ending though.
non impediti ratione cogitationis

Kaesekopf

Saw Batman v Superman.  It was ok.  Kinda long, tried to do a lot.  Shoulda been shorter.

Gardener

Quote from: Kaesekopf on March 30, 2016, 04:20:19 PM
Saw Batman v Superman.  It was ok.  Kinda long, tried to do a lot.  Shoulda been shorter.
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

zork

The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo (2009, Swedish version)

Heinrich

Creed. Again.

Anyone see The Revenant?
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Bonaventure

aquinas138

Quote from: zork on March 31, 2016, 11:00:11 AM

Oof. It's good, but it's certainly not a pleasant movie...
What shall we call you, O full of grace? * Heaven? for you have shone forth the Sun of Righteousness. * Paradise? for you have brought forth the Flower of immortality. * Virgin? for you have remained incorrupt. * Pure Mother? for you have held in your holy embrace your Son, the God of all. * Entreat Him to save our souls.

zork

Quote from: aquinas138 on April 01, 2016, 05:53:55 PM
Quote from: zork on March 31, 2016, 11:00:11 AM

Oof. It's good, but it's certainly not a pleasant movie...

Yeah, it was a bit much at some points, but I ended up really liking Lisbeth Salander anyway.