Last movie you saw?

Started by tmw89, December 27, 2012, 03:03:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gardener

Today, we are watching the latest Hobbit film.
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

LausTibiChriste

Quote from: Gardener on July 05, 2015, 09:31:19 AM

How are they?

I refuse to watch the Hobbit/LOTR films until I've read the books, and I've never read the books so I've never seen the movies lol. I really should get around to that
Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

Gardener

Quote from: LausTibiChriste on July 05, 2015, 09:33:15 AM

How are they?

I refuse to watch the Hobbit/LOTR films until I've read the books, and I've never read the books so I've never seen the movies lol. I really should get around to that

LOTR is better than the Hobbit, as far as the films go, but the Hobbit series is still more watchable than many things today.

I've never read the books, but my wife has.
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

Chestertonian

you haven't read the books?!
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

MundaCorMeum

The kids and I just finished The Hobbit as a read aloud this past week.  I won't lie....I choked up at the end!  I first read the book in eight grade, though

Arun

Get Hard. it was complete and utter shite. Will Ferrell has lost it.

SIT TIBI COPIA
SOT SAPIENCIA
FORMAQUE DETUR
INQUINAT OMNIA SOLA
SUPERBIA SICOMETETUR

Quote from: St.Justin on September 25, 2015, 07:57:25 PM
Never lose Hope... Take a deep breath and have a beer.

Mother Aubert Pray For Us!

vsay ego sudba V rukah Gospodnih

LausTibiChriste

Quote from: Arun on July 05, 2015, 04:49:47 PM
Get Hard. it was complete and utter shite. Will Ferrell has lost it.

He was never that funny tbh
Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

INPEFESS

I watched Jurassic World recently. My expectations weren't that high and I was still disappointed. There were too many plot pitfalls I couldn't ignore even when I tried.

I came to the conclusion that the movie was entertaining....when I turned my brain off.
I  n
N omine
P atris,
E t
F ilii,
E t
S piritus
S ancti

>))))))º> "Wherefore, brethren, labour the more, that by good works you may make sure your calling and election. For doing these things, you shall not sin at any time" (II Peter 1:10). <º((((((<

VeraeFidei

I watched The Guardian last night - seen it several times before. Coast Guard rescue swimmers are pretty amazing.

Archer

Quote from: Gardener on July 05, 2015, 09:37:33 AM

How are they?

LOTR is better than the Hobbit, as far as the films go, but the Hobbit series is still more watchable than many things today.

I dunno. Even ignoring the complete trainwrecked plot, the Hobbit felt like you were watching a video game. Way too many special effects.
"All the good works in the world are not equal to the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass because they are the works of men; but the Mass is the work of God. Martyrdom is nothing in comparison for it is but the sacrifice of man to God; but the Mass is the sacrifice of God for man." - St. John Vianney

Arun

Quote from: VeraeFidei on July 06, 2015, 07:38:08 AM
I watched The Guardian last night - seen it several times before. Coast Guard rescue swimmers are pretty amazing.

is that the one with ashton kutcher? pretty good film.

Quote from: Archer on July 06, 2015, 07:42:59 AM
Quote from: Gardener on July 05, 2015, 09:37:33 AM

How are they?

I dunno. Even ignoring the complete trainwrecked plot, the Hobbit felt like you were watching a video game. Way too many special effects.

peter jackson fluked LOTR, basically. somehow they were pretty good movies. everything else he's ever made is crap. he's just no talented and it really seems somewhere along the line he just stopped giving a shit. at least his early stuff, like meet the feebles for example, smacked of effort. the hobbit just seemed like everyone phoned it in.

i really don't like how he used so many kiwi actors in the films either, NZers just plain can't act.

SIT TIBI COPIA
SOT SAPIENCIA
FORMAQUE DETUR
INQUINAT OMNIA SOLA
SUPERBIA SICOMETETUR

VeraeFidei

Quote from: Arun on July 06, 2015, 09:25:00 PM

Yeah, it is. It's the only good movie/show I have seen him in. He actually does quite well in it, in my opinion.

Arun

Quote from: VeraeFidei on July 06, 2015, 09:35:10 PM
Quote from: Arun on July 06, 2015, 09:25:00 PM

Yeah, it is. It's the only good movie/show I have seen him in. He actually does quite well in it, in my opinion.

we watched a comedy he was in recently, the killers i think it was called. that was a pretty good film.

i'd definitely like to see him in more action-oriented roles, especially given that he's a Rigan Machado purple belt it'd be cool to see him show off some skills in some fight scenes.

SIT TIBI COPIA
SOT SAPIENCIA
FORMAQUE DETUR
INQUINAT OMNIA SOLA
SUPERBIA SICOMETETUR

Gardener

Well, we ended up finishing The Hobbit tonight. Certainly not LOTR. But I've never read the books, so I have nothing to be disappointed about. Probably won't read the books even though I have the LOTR set.

Arun

Quote from: Gardener on July 06, 2015, 10:45:55 PM
Well, we ended up finishing The Hobbit tonight. Certainly not LOTR. But I've never read the books, so I have nothing to be disappointed about. Probably won't read the books even though I have the LOTR set.

the hobbit book is way better. lotr movies left a lot out too. would have been hilarious for the naked singing forest guy to be in there.

SIT TIBI COPIA
SOT SAPIENCIA
FORMAQUE DETUR
INQUINAT OMNIA SOLA
SUPERBIA SICOMETETUR