Last movie you saw?

Started by tmw89, December 27, 2012, 03:03:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arun

Quote from: Larry on July 02, 2015, 08:53:32 AM
A Streetcar Named Desire. One of those movies it's going to take a long time for me to forget. One of the best I've ever seen.

I might get that for the Mrs actually.

SIT TIBI COPIA
SOT SAPIENCIA
FORMAQUE DETUR
INQUINAT OMNIA SOLA
SUPERBIA SICOMETETUR

Quote from: St.Justin on September 25, 2015, 07:57:25 PM
Never lose Hope... Take a deep breath and have a beer.

Mother Aubert Pray For Us!

vsay ego sudba V rukah Gospodnih

Larry

It's great, but I don't know if I'd buy it for your wife, Arun. The "Stella!" line out of context is hilarious, but in the movie...let's just say that Brando plays a nearly inhuman animal. Vivian Leigh's Blanche is a very delicate soul, and is near insanity. What Brando does to her is, from a human perspective, unforgivable. Don't get me wrong, Blanche can be an annoying character, but she's just a lonely lady desperate for love. What these people need is Christ, but they don't know it.

Interestingly enough, Tennessee Williams(the author of Streetcar and many other great works) became a Roman Catholic in his last years despite his struggles with homosexuality; his plays and films all deal with God in some way, even when not officially acknowledged in the narrative. His death was mysterious; he died of an accidental drug and alcohol overdose. I pray that his soul has now found the peace and love he so desperately sought in this life.
"At the evening of life, we shall be judged on our love."-St. John of the Cross

Arun

Quote from: Larry on July 03, 2015, 01:09:40 PM
It's great, but I don't know if I'd buy it for your wife, Arun. The "Stella!" line out of context is hilarious, but in the movie...let's just say that Brando plays a nearly inhuman animal. Vivian Leigh's Blanche is a very delicate soul, and is near insanity. What Brando does to her is, from a human perspective, unforgivable. Don't get me wrong, Blanche can be an annoying character, but she's just a lonely lady desperate for love. What these people need is Christ, but they don't know it.

Interestingly enough, Tennessee Williams(the author of Streetcar and many other great works) became a Roman Catholic in his last years despite his struggles with homosexuality; his plays and films all deal with God in some way, even when not officially acknowledged in the narrative. His death was mysterious; he died of an accidental drug and alcohol overdose. I pray that his soul has now found the peace and love he so desperately sought in this life.

well she likes that movie The Color Purple so it should be ok. but thanks for the heads up.

SIT TIBI COPIA
SOT SAPIENCIA
FORMAQUE DETUR
INQUINAT OMNIA SOLA
SUPERBIA SICOMETETUR

Kaesekopf

Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Arun

SIT TIBI COPIA
SOT SAPIENCIA
FORMAQUE DETUR
INQUINAT OMNIA SOLA
SUPERBIA SICOMETETUR

LausTibiChriste

Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

Arun

SIT TIBI COPIA
SOT SAPIENCIA
FORMAQUE DETUR
INQUINAT OMNIA SOLA
SUPERBIA SICOMETETUR

LausTibiChriste

Oh man, the triggering the SJWs would get would be off the charts

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Arun

i tend to think of Chevy Chase more when i think of candygrams anyway...

...landshark.

SIT TIBI COPIA
SOT SAPIENCIA
FORMAQUE DETUR
INQUINAT OMNIA SOLA
SUPERBIA SICOMETETUR

Larry

The first Mel Brooks movie I saw as a kid was Silent Movie. It was probably inappropriate for my age,  but I laughed my ass off. All of his movies, up until the nineties are great. My favorite is still the original version of The Producers.
"At the evening of life, we shall be judged on our love."-St. John of the Cross

Heinrich

Quote from: Larry on July 04, 2015, 01:43:47 PM
The first Mel Brooks movie I saw as a kid was Silent Movie. It was probably inappropriate for my age,  but I laughed my ass off. All of his movies, up until the nineties are great. My favorite is still the original version of The Producers.

I watched the end of Blazing Saddles a few weeks ago. Watching through the lens of Truth, the movie is scandalous.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

LausTibiChriste

Quote from: Heinrich on July 04, 2015, 03:30:34 PM
Quote from: Larry on July 04, 2015, 01:43:47 PM

I watched the end of Blazing Saddles a few weeks ago. Watching through the lens of Truth, the movie is scandalous.

Besides stampeding cattle through the Vatican, can you elaborate as to why?

- MaximGun

Arun

Pitch Perfect 2. as crap as the first one.

SIT TIBI COPIA
SOT SAPIENCIA
FORMAQUE DETUR
INQUINAT OMNIA SOLA
SUPERBIA SICOMETETUR

Kaesekopf

Quote from: Arun on July 04, 2015, 10:51:16 PM

Still great.  :lol:

My favorite part was with the Green Bay Packers.

#gopackgo
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Arun

Quote from: Kaesekopf on July 04, 2015, 11:37:30 PM
Quote from: Arun on July 04, 2015, 10:51:16 PM

Still great.  :lol:

My favorite part was with the Green Bay Packers.

#gopackgo

Yeah that part was pretty funny. Both movies had their funny moments, but i'm pretty sick of Rebel Wilson trying to be funy.

SIT TIBI COPIA
SOT SAPIENCIA
FORMAQUE DETUR
INQUINAT OMNIA SOLA
SUPERBIA SICOMETETUR