Last movie you saw?

Started by tmw89, December 27, 2012, 03:03:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

piabee

The Theory of Everything. It was sad.

Kaesekopf

Watching "The Sandlot" again.
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

red solo cup

Into Great Silence. Film by Phillip Gröning.  This was a look inside a Carthusian Monastery where silence is  mostly maintained. Very good.
non impediti ratione cogitationis

diaduit

Quote from: red solo cup on December 23, 2014, 02:11:05 PM
Into Great Silence. Film by Phillip Gröning.  This was a look inside a Carthusian Monastery where silence is  mostly maintained. Very good.

No subtitles needed then :D

Watched The Robe with Burt Reynolds, love the last scene where he and his beloved walk towards death and into heaven.

Bernadette

This was a good movie!  :thumbsup:
My Lord and my God.

Gerard

Quote from: diaduit on December 23, 2014, 02:22:59 PM

No subtitles needed then :D

Watched The Robe with Burt Reynolds, love the last scene where he and his beloved walk towards death and into heaven.

Burt Reynolds?  Did you mean Richard Burton?

diaduit

Could be , I switch off before the credits....ooops

AngloFalcon

Quote from: Bernadette on December 21, 2014, 05:51:27 PM
Quote from: AngloFalcon on December 21, 2014, 06:07:41 AM
I'm interested in the subject of Children's Literature anyway.

A man after my own heart.  ;D I love children's literature, especially British- Kenneth Grahame, George MacDonald, Edith Nesbit, and of course, A. A. Milne.
The Wind in the Willows is one of my all time favourite books. I agree about British literature (in general actually). Sorry USA, but we've got the books.  :-X

MundaCorMeum

MundaCorMeum

Last movie I saw was Mocking Jay 1...I liked it.

I want to see The Hobbit soon...I've yet to see any of them

AngloFalcon

Quote from: MundaCorMeum on December 25, 2014, 01:51:45 PM
Last movie I saw was Mocking Jay 1...I liked it.

I want to see The Hobbit soon...I've yet to see any of them
Mockingjay was really good. The Hobbit is okay (not a patch on LotR) and you really couldn't possibly watch Battle of the Fice Armies without seeing the previous two, or at least the second one. Trust me, I've seen it and there is no introduction. The middle film ends on a cliffhanger and the third picks up straight after.

RedCaves

Lynne

Quote from: RedCaves on December 25, 2014, 05:29:14 PM
Unbroken

We saw that too today. What did you think of it? It kind of dragged at points but overall I thought it was respectful of Christianity and the concept of forgiveness.
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

RedCaves

Quote from: Lynne on December 25, 2014, 05:35:57 PM
Unbroken

We saw that too today. What did you think of it? It kind of dragged at points but overall I thought it was respectful of Christianity and the concept of forgiveness.

I thought it was great!!!

Surprised by how well-written and how emotionally invested I was in the movie.

Lynne

Quote from: RedCaves on December 25, 2014, 05:38:05 PM
Quote from: Lynne on December 25, 2014, 05:35:57 PM
Unbroken

I thought it was great!!!

Surprised by how well-written and how emotionally invested I was in the movie.

Now I will read the book.  :)
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"