Last movie you saw?

Started by tmw89, December 27, 2012, 03:03:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AngloFalcon

The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe. It's not bad. Pretty fun.

totiusque

Begin Again

Same writer-director that did Once.  Good movie, though be advised there were quite a few 'f' bombs being thrown around.
"Whenever anything disagreeable or displeasing happens to you, remember Christ crucified and be silent."
—St John of the Cross

LausTibiChriste

I watched my two favourite movies today

Amadeus (the greatest scene in all of film):
[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlPQD04tn88[/yt]

Immortal Beloved
[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=524VlYD0PVw[/yt]
Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

Rose

I love that scene from Amadeus too :) I don't really like the rest of the movie though. The American accents annoyed me so much!  :hide: I think it also did a disservice to Salieri (sp?). Oh, the end scene from Don Giovanni was done really well too. It sparked me off looking for other performances, finding this one which is still my favorite because Kurt Moll sings it like a boss.
To Jesus through Mary.

Remember the Holy Souls!

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.
"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
? J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

LausTibiChriste

Quote from: Rose on September 06, 2014, 10:38:00 AM
I love that scene from Amadeus too :) I don't really like the rest of the movie though. The American accents annoyed me so much!  :hide: I think it also did a disservice to Salieri (sp?). Oh, the end scene from Don Giovanni was done really well too. It sparked me off looking for other performances, finding this one which is still my favorite because Kurt Moll sings it like a boss.

Heretic.

Here's another awesome scene from Amadeus for you all

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNaXQQbcgw0[/yt]

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Kaesekopf

Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

LausTibiChriste

Quote from: Kaesekopf on September 12, 2014, 05:05:00 PM
Watching The Godfather.

I've never seen it, even though I have all 3 on BluRay....is it worth watching?

- MaximGun

Kaesekopf

Quote from: LausTibiChriste on September 12, 2014, 06:32:05 PM
Quote from: Kaesekopf on September 12, 2014, 05:05:00 PM
Watching The Godfather.

I've never seen it, even though I have all 3 on BluRay....is it worth watching?

Absolutely. 

I've seen it half a dozen times.  Still good every time.
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

zork

The first 2 were superb. The 3rd one is only worth watching once.
Christus vincit, Christus regnat, Christus imperat.

Bernadette

Hobson's Choice (1954). I love that movie! I signed up for a free week of Hulu Plus just to be able to watch it and Babette's Feast:P
My Lord and my God.

Lynne

Quote from: Bernadette on September 16, 2014, 06:26:39 AM
Hobson's Choice (1954). I love that movie! I signed up for a free week of Hulu Plus just to be able to watch it and Babette's Feast:P

I've never seen either of those and I have Hulu Plus... Guess I know what I'll be watching this week...
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Arun

Quote from: zork on September 12, 2014, 07:50:47 PM

2 is the best

SIT TIBI COPIA
SOT SAPIENCIA
FORMAQUE DETUR
INQUINAT OMNIA SOLA
SUPERBIA SICOMETETUR

Quote from: St.Justin on September 25, 2015, 07:57:25 PM
Never lose Hope... Take a deep breath and have a beer.

Mother Aubert Pray For Us!

vsay ego sudba V rukah Gospodnih

zork

Quote from: Arun on September 20, 2014, 06:50:16 PM
Quote from: zork on September 12, 2014, 07:50:47 PM

2 is the best

I agree. I found Michael Corleone's storyline in the late 1950s more interesting than the original Don Corleone's backstory, but it was good enough that it didn't ruin the film altogether.
Christus vincit, Christus regnat, Christus imperat.

Rose

Quote from: Bernadette on September 16, 2014, 06:26:39 AM

I haven't seen Babette's Feast, isn't it quite Catholic?
To Jesus through Mary.

Remember the Holy Souls!

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.
"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
? J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

TheButler

Lots of people disliked them, but I loved watching both Edge of Tomorrow, and Transformers: Extinction this month!