Last movie you saw?

Started by tmw89, December 27, 2012, 03:03:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LouisIX

Quote from: Arun on July 20, 2014, 06:42:13 PM
Quote from: LouisIX on July 19, 2014, 12:22:47 PM
Quote from: Arun on July 17, 2014, 09:43:20 PM
they should make a movie of the silmarillion. and then release an extended cut.

The Silmarillion would be hard because there's no over-arching story.  It's a series of story/histories thrown into one compilation.

yep and a lot of people, myself included, have found it impossible to read. my comment, as usual, was a pisstake. sorry if i misled you bro.

It went right over my head. 
IF I speak with the tongues of men, and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

erin is nice

Michael Wilson

Quote from: erin is nice on July 21, 2014, 06:15:55 PM
Quote from: Michael Wilson on July 20, 2014, 11:36:20 AM
Adeodatus,
why do you state the above?

Because it's true.
I like to get people to elaborate on the reasons for or against an opinion they hold.  If I hadn't asked him, I wouldn't have ever found out. 
Btw. Every time I see your avatar, I crack up.
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers

red solo cup

13 Assassins directed by Takashi Miike. It was advertised as Tarantino meets Kurosawa. Miike isn't the director Kurosawa is but it was still a pretty good film.
Two hours. The first hour was setting the stage and backstory. The second hour was one continuous battle scene. Definitely a guy flick.
non impediti ratione cogitationis

angelcookie

Gravity. Totally over the top. I had to make up a better ending and shared it with my husband :)

Gardener

Quote from: angelcookie on July 25, 2014, 01:22:23 AM
Gravity. Totally over the top. I had to make up a better ending and shared it with my husband :)

If it had been realistic it would have been a boring view. A bunch of eggheads go into space and come back wobbly-legged and go on to do motivational seminars.

Over the top was way cooler to watch.
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

Arun

Quote from: red solo cup on July 24, 2014, 08:04:30 AM
13 Assassins directed by Takashi Miike. It was advertised as Tarantino meets Kurosawa. Miike isn't the director Kurosawa is but it was still a pretty good film.
Two hours. The first hour was setting the stage and backstory. The second hour was one continuous battle scene. Definitely a guy flick.

i saw this one a couple years ago, it is a frickin brilliant movie. really awesome.

SIT TIBI COPIA
SOT SAPIENCIA
FORMAQUE DETUR
INQUINAT OMNIA SOLA
SUPERBIA SICOMETETUR

Quote from: St.Justin on September 25, 2015, 07:57:25 PM
Never lose Hope... Take a deep breath and have a beer.

Mother Aubert Pray For Us!

vsay ego sudba V rukah Gospodnih

Habitual_Ritual

Snowpiercer Best film in ages. Surreal and violent at times. No nudism. Great concept. Tilda Swinton is brilliant.
" There exists now an enormous religious ignorance. In the times since the Council it is evident we have failed to pass on the content of the Faith."

(Pope Benedict XVI speaking in October 2002.)

piabee

The Grand Budapest Hotel.

Kaesekopf

I just saw Hercules.

It was alright.  I was disappointed at the needless f-bomb and the totally needless naked-buttocks-of-Hercules's wife.

The previews were somewhat disappointing, though.  Apparently they are remaking essentially The Ten Commandments, casting it as "Exodus: Gods and Kings".  Based on the preview, I want to see it (because all sorts of fun stuff happens), but I do not think it is anywhere near the biblical story, so why bother supporting it? 
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Gerard

Quote from: Kaesekopf on July 27, 2014, 02:12:56 PM
I just saw Hercules.

It was alright.  I was disappointed at the needless f-bomb and the totally needless naked-buttocks-of-Hercules's wife.

The previews were somewhat disappointing, though.  Apparently they are remaking essentially The Ten Commandments, casting it as "Exodus: Gods and Kings".  Based on the preview, I want to see it (because all sorts of fun stuff happens), but I do not think it is anywhere near the biblical story, so why bother supporting it?

It seems the "f-bomb" is being deliberately mainstreamed in the U.S. media.  I noticed it in the most recent Transformers movie and it was in the latest X-Men very bluntly. These are movies a lot of kids want to see.  My guess is they want the kids to keep saying if they have been, start saying it if they don't and the adults to cave into it. 

red solo cup

Lonely Hearts with Travolta and Gandolfini. Not bad.
non impediti ratione cogitationis

Habitual_Ritual

One Upon a time in the West.  great movie. Never saw it b4.
" There exists now an enormous religious ignorance. In the times since the Council it is evident we have failed to pass on the content of the Faith."

(Pope Benedict XVI speaking in October 2002.)

Shadow Fox

I suffered through the Noah movie. It was way too long and way too boring.

zork

In other words, just like Bill Maher's Religulous.
Christus vincit, Christus regnat, Christus imperat.