Do you have to render to Caesar what belongs to Caesar and respect Caesar..

Started by Greg, October 29, 2023, 11:34:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg

..when it is very clear that Caesar is engineering viruses?

Caesar is an out of control psychopathic monster that created a Frankenstein virus in a lab and made many people sick.  Then covered up the crime and continues to do so.

Why does a citizen owe allegiance or obedience to such a government?
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

ChairmanJoeAintMyPrez

this page left intentionally blank

LausTibiChriste

Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

james03

QuoteWhy does a citizen owe allegiance or obedience to such a government?

It doesn't.  St. Thomas discusses when the requirement of obedience ceases.  Operating outside of its authority is one such case.  Considering that most of the US government is in violation of the 10th amendment, any moral duty to obey, beyond the requirements of Prudence, have long since expired.

QuoteWherefore if the prince's authority is not just but usurped, or if he commands what is unjust, his subjects are not bound to obey him, except perhaps accidentally, in order to avoid scandal or danger.
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

"Although He should kill me, I will trust in Him"

Heinrich

Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

LausTibiChriste

Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie