Last movie you saw?

Started by tmw89, December 27, 2012, 03:03:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tradne4163

Quote from: totiusque on January 19, 2014, 09:55:44 PM
Quote from: tradne4163 on January 19, 2014, 09:52:27 PM
Anakin Skywalker in Star Wars Episode II.  A Whiny overgrown brat he was.

I stand corrected, though you could probably name a good number of characters from the pre-trilogy that fall under that umbrella (looking at you, Jar Jar!).  I blame that more on Lucas than on Hayden Christensen, though.
Yep. Lucas has totally gone Bugnini on Star Wars.
Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner.

Take any post I write with a grain of salt. I've been wrong before, and can be again

Archer

He was an whiny brat in all 3.  The only redeeming actor in the entire new trilogy was Liam Neeson. 
"All the good works in the world are not equal to the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass because they are the works of men; but the Mass is the work of God. Martyrdom is nothing in comparison for it is but the sacrifice of man to God; but the Mass is the sacrifice of God for man." - St. John Vianney

totiusque

Quote from: Archer on January 20, 2014, 01:01:44 AM

He was an whiny brat in all 3.  The only redeeming actor in the entire new trilogy was Liam Neeson.

Well, I'd have to say Kenny Baker and Anthony Daniels were also decent in the prequels.  Now that's what I call acting.
"Whenever anything disagreeable or displeasing happens to you, remember Christ crucified and be silent."
—St John of the Cross

Archer

Quote from: totiusque on January 20, 2014, 01:17:58 AM
Quote from: Archer on January 20, 2014, 01:01:44 AM

Well, I'd have to say Kenny Baker and Anthony Daniels were also decent in the prequels.  Now that's what I call acting.

They definitely have the most orignial lines I've ever heard too. 
"All the good works in the world are not equal to the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass because they are the works of men; but the Mass is the work of God. Martyrdom is nothing in comparison for it is but the sacrifice of man to God; but the Mass is the sacrifice of God for man." - St. John Vianney

Clare

Motes 'n' Beams blog

Feel free to play the Trivia Quiz!

O Mary, Immaculate Mother of Jesus, offer, we beseech thee, to the Eternal Father, the Precious Blood of thy Divine Son to prevent at least one mortal sin from being committed somewhere in the world this day.

"It is a much less work to have won the battle of Waterloo, or to have invented the steam-engine, than to have freed one soul from Purgatory." - Fr Faber

"When faced by our limitations, we must have recourse to the practice of offering to God the good works of others." - St Therese of Lisieux

Archer

"Uh, we had a slight weapons malfunction, but uh... everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?"

Bernadette

The Help. It was good, especially since I'm a transplant to the South. I do wonder how much of that mindset still lingers, now that it isn't out in the open and supported by law. Anyway, I'm looking forward to reading the book next.
My Lord and my God.

voxxpopulisuxx

Big Trouble in Little China....Directed By the THING Director John Carpenter.
Creepy, funny, not bad effects...classic 80s...and yet didnt look too dated.
Kurt Russel's best role! (yes including snake pliskin)
[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dl-pr5iqKb4[/yt]

"I never drive faster than I can see"
Lord Jesus Christ Most High Son of God have Mercy On Me a Sinner (Jesus Prayer)

"You can never cross the ocean until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore." – Christopher Columbus
911!
"Let my name stand among those who are willing to bear ridicule and reproach for the truth's sake, and so earn some right to rejoice when the victory is won. "— Louisa May Alcott

"From man's sweat and God's love, beer came into the world."St. Arnold (580-640)

Geocentrism holds no possible atheistic downside.

Michael Wilson

Yes, I liked this movie also. I always thought that Kurt Russel was a good actor.  His "Elvis" was eerily exact.
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers

Larry

Quote from: Archer on January 20, 2014, 06:24:41 AM
"Uh, we had a slight weapons malfunction, but uh... everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?"

It's amazing that the same guy who directed the first movie, with it's natural, spontaneous acting style, also directed the stilted prequels.

Last movie I watched was The Third Man. One of my all time favorites.
"At the evening of life, we shall be judged on our love."-St. John of the Cross

Clare

;D
Motes 'n' Beams blog

Feel free to play the Trivia Quiz!

O Mary, Immaculate Mother of Jesus, offer, we beseech thee, to the Eternal Father, the Precious Blood of thy Divine Son to prevent at least one mortal sin from being committed somewhere in the world this day.

"It is a much less work to have won the battle of Waterloo, or to have invented the steam-engine, than to have freed one soul from Purgatory." - Fr Faber

"When faced by our limitations, we must have recourse to the practice of offering to God the good works of others." - St Therese of Lisieux

maryslittlegarden

Quote from: Bernadette on January 20, 2014, 08:12:23 AM
The Help. It was good, especially since I'm a transplant to the South. I do wonder how much of that mindset still lingers, now that it isn't out in the open and supported by law. Anyway, I'm looking forward to reading the book next.

The book was very good.  I need to see the movie, haven't yet.
For a Child is born to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace

Archer

Quote from: Larry on January 20, 2014, 09:34:45 AM

It's amazing that the same guy who directed the first movie, with it's natural, spontaneous acting style, also directed the stilted prequels.

So true.  I heard Harrison Ford ad libbed that scene.  It's one of my favorites - gets me to laugh every time. 

totiusque

Quote from: voxxpopulisuxx on January 20, 2014, 09:14:19 AM
Big Trouble in Little China....Directed By the THING Director John Carpenter.
Creepy, funny, not bad effects...classic 80s...and yet didnt look too dated.
Kurt Russel's best role! (yes including snake pliskin)
[yt]....[/yt]

"I never drive faster than I can see"

Hmm.  That's a tough one.  Yes, BTILC is one of his best roles, but he was also great as Wyatt Earp (Tombstone), Captain Ron, and Lt. Cash (Tango&Cash).  I'd take all those roles over Snake Pliskin.
"Whenever anything disagreeable or displeasing happens to you, remember Christ crucified and be silent."
—St John of the Cross

Maximilian

Apocalypse Now.

Extremely powerful. First time watching it.
NOT for family viewing, it need hardly be said.