Defending Dixie's Land

Started by bilbobaggins, April 10, 2024, 06:36:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bilbobaggins

Defending Dixie's Land, the book that challenges our understanding of the American Civil War and the South is celebrating its one-year anniversary today. The final reduced price for the paperback is now available, and the ebook version is on sale. 

https://www.amazon.com/Defending-Dixies-Land-American-Should/dp/B0C1J3J6Z6

Melkite

I bought this off of amazon and started reading it.  I haven't given up, but haven't read any in a while.  It's very poorly cited, would not pass academic muster because of it, and the author's excuse that this was something he had done during COVID downtime and would have cited better if he ever thought he was going to publish it isn't really a great excuse.  So it's hard to know by reading it if it is an accurate rendering of history that's left untold by modern liberal historians.

bilbobaggins

Quote from: Melkite on April 10, 2024, 10:48:33 AMI bought this off of amazon and started reading it.  I haven't given up, but haven't read any in a while.  It's very poorly cited, would not pass academic muster because of it, and the author's excuse that this was something he had done during COVID downtime and would have cited better if he ever thought he was going to publish it isn't really a great excuse.  So it's hard to know by reading it if it is an accurate rendering of history that's left untold by modern liberal historians.

The citations are given in the text, as you are aware, and anything mentioned can be researched and validated.

Don't give up! Lots of good info.

The Curt Jester

So the price dropped today?  I bought it yesterday.

That's the way life works, sometimes.  Enjoy the extra profits!
The royal feast was done; the King
Sought some new sport to banish care,
And to his jester cried: "Sir Fool,
Kneel now, and make for us a prayer!"

The jester doffed his cap and bells,
And stood the mocking court before;
They could not see the bitter smile
Behind the painted grin he wore.

He bowed his head, and bent his knee
Upon the Monarch's silken stool;
His pleading voice arose: "O Lord,
Be merciful to me, a fool!"

bilbobaggins

Quote from: The Curt Jester on April 10, 2024, 04:39:39 PMSo the price dropped today?  I bought it yesterday.

That's the way life works, sometimes.  Enjoy the extra profits!

Not a big drop, so your not missing much, but thank you and enjoy!