Touch-Typing Speed Test

Started by Ben, February 10, 2013, 01:27:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eliza

I think this test is a more accurate assessment. Good find. Mine was pretty easy, though. I was typing something that I basically had memorized.

Your speed was: 98wpm.

You made 4 mistakes, your mistakes are shown in bold text:

TWO roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; then took the other, as just as fair, and having perhaps the better claim, because it was grassy and wated wear; though as for that the passing there Had worn them really about the same, And both that morning equally lay in leaves no step had trodden black. Oh, I kept the first for another day ! Yet knowing how way leads on to way, I doubted if I shoudl ever come back.

Ben

The new test is good, but maybe you should start a new thread and call it Touch-Typing Speed Test II or something. All the scores thus far have been the result of people taking the same test.

dimdim

I've just wanted to add another typing test which may be of interest for you:
www.solotyping.com/test
Take a look.

Landless Laborer

Not that interested in typing speed, but had to log in when i noticed the intriguing username dimdim at bat.  Dimdim, i'm Landless Laborer, pleased to meet you. 

The Curt Jester

I'm out of practice, but last time I checked myself I was at 66 wpm.   I've dropped a tad.  No screen shot, but here's my result:

QuoteYour score: 308 CPM (that is 62 WPM)

Your score beats or equals 83.35% of all!

In reality, you typed 339 CPM, but you made 5 mistakes (out of 61 words), which were not counted in the corrected scores.

Your mistakes were:

Instead of "dry", you typed "drt".
    Instead of "numeral", you typed "numberal".
    Instead of "family", you typed "famikly".
    Instead of "plane", you typed "pkane".
    Instead of "fine", you typed "find".

I advise you to take a 2 minute break now.
The royal feast was done; the King
Sought some new sport to banish care,
And to his jester cried: "Sir Fool,
Kneel now, and make for us a prayer!"

The jester doffed his cap and bells,
And stood the mocking court before;
They could not see the bitter smile
Behind the painted grin he wore.

He bowed his head, and bent his knee
Upon the Monarch's silken stool;
His pleading voice arose: "O Lord,
Be merciful to me, a fool!"

CilantroTamales

Not bad for my first time trying, I used to be a 10-key data entry operator (just the number pad to the right of the keyboard) and could do 65,000 keystrokes per hour!  :)

275 CPM    55 WPM     74.64% (score equals or beats)  2 mistakes

Thanks for posting this challenge!

CilantroTamales

Anyone else have some real high numbers?