Last movie you saw?

Started by tmw89, December 27, 2012, 03:03:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elliott

I watched about ten minutes of Tomb Raider. I remember watching it when it came out. I thought it would be good but it seemed to me that its original popularity may have been due to the immodesty of Angeli Jolie. I couldn't stand it so we turned it off.

Penelope

Fiance and I watched Goldfinger tonight, my second Bond movie ever. I can't believe that that's Sean Connery. I always think of the Indiana Jones version of Sean Connery, but this version is much, much different.

Der Kaiser

The Wicker Man. lololol talk about crap
"If a Pope changes the rites of the sacraments he puts himself outside the Church and is Anathema"-Pope Innocent III

"Rome will lose the faith and become the seat of Anti-Christ"-Our Lady of La Sallette

The hebrews have not recognized the lord, therefore we can not recognize the hebrews.-St Pius X

Larry

Quote from: Der Kaiser on July 01, 2013, 02:53:40 AM

The original with Christopher Lee, or the remake with Nicolas Cage? Both are not great viewing because they have a nihilistic world view, but at least Lee gives a good performance in the original.

Last movie I watched was EL CID with Charlton Heston on Blu-ray. A very good movie, and something that would never be made today unless Mel Gibson did it. It reminded me of BRAVEHEART in a lot of ways, but Cid had more compassion and virtue than William Wallace, though I'm sure both movies take a lot of liberties with the facts.
"At the evening of life, we shall be judged on our love."-St. John of the Cross

LouisIX

Quote from: Larry S. on July 01, 2013, 03:12:04 PM

The original with Christopher Lee, or the remake with Nicolas Cage? Both are not great viewing because they have a nihilistic world view, but at least Lee gives a good performance in the original.

Last movie I watched was EL CID with Charlton Heston on Blu-ray. A very good movie, and something that would never be made today unless Mel Gibson did it. It reminded me of BRAVEHEART in a lot of ways, but Cid had more compassion and virtue than William Wallace, though I'm sure both movies take a lot of liberties with the facts.

Yeah, the original isn't a great but it's pretty creepy.
IF I speak with the tongues of men, and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

Larry

Quote from: LouisIX on July 01, 2013, 03:42:28 PM

Yeah, the original isn't a great but it's pretty creepy.

Yeah, it's pretty unsettling.

Der Kaiser

The Nicholas Cage one. I think the original is a very good horror film. Really creepy in parts too. The Nikki Cage one was just horrible from start to finish.
"If a Pope changes the rites of the sacraments he puts himself outside the Church and is Anathema"-Pope Innocent III

"Rome will lose the faith and become the seat of Anti-Christ"-Our Lady of La Sallette

The hebrews have not recognized the lord, therefore we can not recognize the hebrews.-St Pius X

Hat And Beard

Quote from: Der Kaiser on July 01, 2013, 06:47:12 PM
The Nicholas Cage one. I think the original is a very good horror film. Really creepy in parts too. The Nikki Cage one was just horrible from start to finish.
You mean that you hadn't heard that before watching it? I thought it was supposed to be the movie that really showed that Nicholas Cage was going down hill. :D

Der Kaiser

Quote from: Hat And Beard on July 01, 2013, 07:12:57 PM
Quote from: Der Kaiser on July 01, 2013, 06:47:12 PM
You mean that you hadn't heard that before watching it? I thought it was supposed to be the movie that really showed that Nicholas Cage was going down hill. :D

Oh yeah I heard about it, but I still thought I'd watch it just to see for myself. The BEEEES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LouisIX

IF I speak with the tongues of men, and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

Larry

Heinrich

If 20 minutes count as watching a movie, it was Skyfall. 20 painful minutes.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Archer

Quote from: Heinrich on July 01, 2013, 08:53:21 PM

I agree, it was a terrible movie. 
"All the good works in the world are not equal to the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass because they are the works of men; but the Mass is the work of God. Martyrdom is nothing in comparison for it is but the sacrifice of man to God; but the Mass is the sacrifice of God for man." - St. John Vianney

Penelope

Quote from: Archer on July 01, 2013, 09:22:50 PM

I agree, it was a terrible movie.

:(  I really liked it. It was my first ever Bond movie, though, so I didn't have much to compare it with.

LouisIX

It was definitely bad but it looked good.