The story of the birth of Our Lord - looking for suggestions

Started by diaduit, September 28, 2023, 02:08:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

diaduit

I want to do an advent theme and read a chapter a day kind of thing for the kids about the story of the birth of Christ.  Years ago I remember getting a very detailed description in a book I was reading on it and about the 3 Kings and their caravans and the type of gifts they brought etc...it was revealed by Our Lady to someone and She was a narrator in parts.  It was truly magical and now I cannot find the book.
Anyone know? its not the Mystical city of God, I thought it was St Louis de Montefort but I am probably wrong.

I'll do the Gospel of St Luke if all else fails.

AlfredtheGreat

Quote from: diaduit on September 28, 2023, 02:08:48 AMI want to do an advent theme and read a chapter a day kind of thing for the kids about the story of the birth of Christ.  Years ago I remember getting a very detailed description in a book I was reading on it and about the 3 Kings and their caravans and the type of gifts they brought etc...it was revealed by Our Lady to someone and She was a narrator in parts.  It was truly magical and now I cannot find the book.
Anyone know? its not the Mystical city of God, I thought it was St Louis de Montefort but I am probably wrong.

I'll do the Gospel of St Luke if all else fails.

What a shame if you had to settle for Holy Scripture. Hopefully you find a private revelation or some other apocryphal source that both excites and edifies more than the Word of God.
These people are crazy

diaduit

Knock it off Alf.

Some of us just don't get the language of thee and thou and psalm type lofty prose and prefer a story, its not in anyway  a dismissal of Sacred Scripture which I do read btw but I am trying to capture the minds and souls of my little ones and start a reading tradition.