Got a Bachelor's? Teach English Online for up to $22/hr (Set your own hours)

Started by OzarkCatholic, February 22, 2017, 10:19:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OzarkCatholic

Quote from: Bl. Karl Hapsburg on April 04, 2017, 11:55:19 AM
My wife taught at a school for 3 years but does not have a bachelors degree. Would she be able to still interview? She has been looking for a way to make extra income for a while now.

Not 100% sure... If she signs up, send me a pm with email and some info on exp, and I can message HR about her before auto rejection for no degree. They may make an exception.
Feels like Groundhog Day again.

Bernadette

:censor: I could totally do this, if I had a degree. Never mind that I've taught high school grammar and English as a second language.

Might be time to seriously consider going back to school...Hmmm...
My Lord and my God.

martin88nyc

Quote from: Bernadette on April 11, 2017, 12:44:46 PM
:censor: I could totally do this, if I had a degree. Never mind that I've taught high school grammar and English as a second language.

Quotehttp://www.fisheaters.com/forums/Smileys/fishy/hmmm.gif
Yeah I agree. So many Chinese kids to teach. It might even take a polish immigrant to  pull this off.
"These things I have spoken to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you shall have distress: but have confidence, I have overcome the world." John 16:33

Kaesekopf

Your tag is wrong.  :lol:  So close, but ....
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Bernadette

Quote from: Kaesekopf on April 11, 2017, 02:50:53 PM

Your tag is wrong.  :lol:  So close, but ....
Note that I didn't say I'd ever taught any coding/tech stuff. Lol. I love Shakespeare and the D-R Bible for a reason, you know.  ::) :P
My Lord and my God.

ABlaine

If this is the kind of thing that interests you all:

Check out italki. If you don't have a bachelor's it's not a big deal, they're going to want you to get a TEFL anyway (costs a couple hundred dollars). The rates seem a little better than what you're seeing in this thread, but you're mostly going to be working with college and grad school russians, chinese, japanese, and europeans.

A friend of mine actually covers all of his living expense doing this 20 hours per week at 24 dollars per hour (he lives in Russia at the moment so his living expenses are practically non existent).

Just another thought for those of you that are interested in this kind of thing.

Bernadette

Quote from: ABlaine on April 11, 2017, 06:36:50 PM
If this is the kind of thing that interests you all:

Check out italki. If you don't have a bachlor's it's not a big deal, they're going to want you to get a TEFL anyway (costs a couple hundred dollars).

Yes, this sounds excellent! I want to do this so badly!  ;D  And it really doesn't look that expensive to do: a well rounded course for about $500, according to Google. And if the assessment that I took through my local community college's website is anything to go by, I should do well in an online course. :)
My Lord and my God.

PerEvangelicaDicta

They shall not be confounded in the evil time; and in the days of famine they shall be filled
Psalms 36:19