go to bed

Started by Carleendiane, September 11, 2016, 01:19:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carleendiane

Ok, I will try. But I am so filled with thoughts tonight, I don't know if I can sleep. I would count sheep, but I already know how many there are. Maybe I will count the people on the bus. Haven't done a head count lately. They are all sleeping. Should be easy.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Lynne

If I'm having trouble falling asleep, I say a few Hail Marys and then find it easy to go to sleep...
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Bernadette

Quote from: Lynne on September 11, 2016, 03:39:21 AM
If I'm having trouble falling asleep, I say a few Hail Marys and then find it easy to go to sleep...

Nothing puts me to sleep like trying to finish a rosary! ;)
My Lord and my God.

dymphna17

?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

martin88nyc

Quote from: Bernadette on September 11, 2016, 08:32:49 AM
Quote from: Lynne on September 11, 2016, 03:39:21 AM

Nothing puts me to sleep like trying to finish a rosary! ;)
ditto :) ;)
"These things I have spoken to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you shall have distress: but have confidence, I have overcome the world." John 16:33

MilesChristi

Honestly, take some time in the day for a reflection of what one must do tomorrow, what one did right and wrong today...preferably in prayer, otherwise, you will have all those thoughts at bedtime.
The world is charged with the grandeur of God.
    It will flame out, like shining from shook foil;
    It gathers to a greatness, like the ooze of oil
Crushed. Why do men then now not reck his rod?
Generations have trod, have trod, have trod;
    And all is seared with trade; bleared, smeared with toil;
    And wears man's smudge and shares man's smell: the soil
Is bare now, nor can foot feel, being shod.

And for all this, nature is never spent;
    There lives the dearest freshness deep down things;
And though the last lights off the black West went
    Oh, morning, at the brown brink eastward, springs —
Because the Holy Ghost over the bent
    World broods with warm breast and with ah! bright wings.

Chestertonian

Sounds like you had a particularly distressing night hope things get better soon

I always get a nice dose of what nurses call "Vitamin A"
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Carleendiane

Quote from: dymphna17 on September 11, 2016, 08:59:09 AM
Did you get some rest?

Fell asleep around 3:30. Thanks for all the suggestions, friends. Rosaries are the best sleep aide. And think about it. If I die in my sleep, it's nice to know that my last words were ones of prayer.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Carleendiane

On my way. No more pussyfooting  around. Just do it. Gnight all. I'll leave a light on for ya. Don't stay up all night then wonder why you can't get anything done! Like me.

dymphna17

This makes me think of an ongoing thread on the other forum called '04:00 Post'.  Everyone who was still up at 4:00 am would post.  Oddly, it's got 28 pages.  Insomniacs Rule!!!   :coffee:   :lol:   8)

I do hope you are getting your rest Carleendiane.   :grouphug:
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

MundaCorMeum

Quote from: dymphna17 on September 12, 2016, 11:57:35 AM
This makes me think of an ongoing thread on the other forum called '04:00 Post'.  Everyone who was still up at 4:00 am would post.  Oddly, it's got 28 pages.  Insomniacs Rule!!!  :coffee:   :lol:   8)

I do hope you are getting your rest Carleendiane.   :grouphug:

Only because they have no other choice   ;)

Carleendiane

Quote from: Chestertonian on September 11, 2016, 12:37:34 PM
Sounds like you had a particularly distressing night hope things get better soon

Vitamin A? Advil? Hub and I call ibuprofen vitamin I.

Chestertonian

Quote from: Carleendiane on September 12, 2016, 09:41:10 PM
Quote from: Chestertonian on September 11, 2016, 12:37:34 PM

Vitamin A? Advil? Hub and I call ibuprofen vitamin I.
Ativan... Keeps me out of trouble
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Carleendiane

G-nite all. 11:15. Up at 7.  Sleep tight

Non Nobis

It's 9:58PM here and my "get to bed" alarm will go off in 2 minutes. If you see me here later, scold me! Good night!
[Matthew 8:26]  And Jesus saith to them: Why are you fearful, O ye of little faith? Then rising up he commanded the winds, and the sea, and there came a great calm.

[Job  38:1-5]  Then the Lord answered Job out of a whirlwind, and said: [2] Who is this that wrappeth up sentences in unskillful words? [3] Gird up thy loins like a man: I will ask thee, and answer thou me. [4] Where wast thou when I laid up the foundations of the earth? tell me if thou hast understanding. [5] Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

Jesus, Mary, I love Thee! Save souls!