Study Program on the Crisis

Started by Alphonsus Jr., April 06, 2013, 12:15:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baldrick

Quote from: LausTibiChriste on July 14, 2015, 03:10:06 PM
Quote from: Baldrick on July 14, 2015, 03:08:09 PM
Tumultuous Times: The Twenty General Councils of the Catholic Church and Vatican II and Its Aftermath, Fr. Francisco Radecki & Fr. Dominic Radecki

How is that one?

Excellent in my opinion.  It's my go-to book, along with One Hundred Years of Modernism

They are thorough and cover a lot of ground; it's very well-conceived. 

However, keep in mind that they are Sedevacantists; while that's where I am, I know it's not everyone's cup o' tea. 

LausTibiChriste

Quote from: Baldrick on July 14, 2015, 03:14:36 PM
Tumultuous Times: The Twenty General Councils of the Catholic Church and Vatican II and Its Aftermath, Fr. Francisco Radecki & Fr. Dominic Radecki

How is that one?

Excellent in my opinion.  It's my go-to book, along with One Hundred Years of Modernism

However, keep in mind that they are Sedevacantists; while that's where I am, I know it's not everyone's cup o' tea.

How "blatant" are they in the sedevacantism?
Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

Baldrick

Quote from: LausTibiChriste on July 14, 2015, 03:21:38 PM
Quote from: Baldrick on July 14, 2015, 03:14:36 PM

How is that one?

How "blatant" are they in the sedevacantism?

As long as you're aware of it, I personally don't think it's too intrusive; there's lots of great and well-presented information, which isn't in my opinion marred by their position.   

LausTibiChriste

Good to know - I'm more than willing to read a sede work if it isn't just an apologetic for sedevacantism.
Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

Baldrick

Quote from: LausTibiChriste on July 14, 2015, 03:30:38 PM
Good to know - I'm more than willing to read a sede work if it isn't just an apologetic for sedevacantism.

Well, they probably see it as one :)  But as I say, the information in part 1 is superb.  Part II there is also very good info but that's where it gets more pro-sede.

INPEFESS

I  n
N omine
P atris,
E t
F ilii,
E t
S piritus
S ancti

>))))))º> "Wherefore, brethren, labour the more, that by good works you may make sure your calling and election. For doing these things, you shall not sin at any time" (II Peter 1:10). <º((((((<

Anon Chap

Great work in starting this thread, Alphonsus Jr.! You're my kind of guy.

Pheo

Funny, I thought you were Alphonsus.
Son, when thou comest to the service of God, stand in justice and in fear, and prepare thy soul for temptation.

Baldrick

I hope someone publishes Omlor's books again. 

Bonaventure

"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

Pheo

Quote from: Bonaventure on July 17, 2016, 06:13:24 PM
Quote from: Pheo on July 16, 2016, 11:16:05 PM
Funny, I thought you were Alphonsus.

Jitpring K. Eskew?

Jitpring, Jackson, Augustine.  Kudos to him for keeping it all straight in his mind.  One real name and one screen name are enough for me.
Son, when thou comest to the service of God, stand in justice and in fear, and prepare thy soul for temptation.

ubipetrus

At the risk of "tooting my own horn," may I recommend the book, The Resurrection of the Roman Catholic Church?  It is extremely comprehensive, documents, explains, and supports all stripes of Catholic traditionalism, puts things into perspective, and provides one with real hope for the future.  It is by now about 15 years out of date, but the basic positions, questions, and challenges faced are still the same, as are the origins of the various particular traditional Catholic congregations and societies.  You can get it through Amazon here:

https://www.amazon.com/Resurrection-Roman-Catholic-Church-Traditional/dp/0595250181/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1497209517&sr=1-2&keywords=Griff+Ruby
"O Jerusalem!  How often would I have gathered together your children, as the hen gathers her chickens under her wings, and you would not?" - Matthew 23:37

AgnusDei

Wow! These are all great resources, thanks! I'll look into them closely. May God bless His Church :pray3: