Genesis 1:27 in Email Sig

Started by Heinrich, January 23, 2024, 05:14:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heinrich

Work(public school) made me remove verse numbers and DRBO hyperlink. I complied.

Thoughts?
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Mushroom

They got offended by the two genders?

Heinrich

Because it's a public institution, I can't promote religion. Imwas told that's what I was doing.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

diaduit

If you are using email specific to the work the public institution, they have the right to ask you to remove it imo.  Its when they ask you to use terms like she/they etc that would be wrong.

james03

Public school owns the email, so they can do what they want.

Comply, take care of your family, and make it your second job to look for an exit plan.

"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

"Although He should kill me, I will trust in Him"

drummerboy

As others have said, it is an email owned by the school, so they can set the rules.  However, any chance, if not for the fun of it, you could screw with them by claiming anti-Semitism or something along that line? The Old Testament is also a work of Jewish literature, keep in mind.  I bet you could have a MLK or Harvey Milk quote as a sig and it'd pass their test.
- I'll get with the times when the times are worth getting with

"I like grumpy old cusses.  Hope to live long enough to be one" - John Wayne

LausTibiChriste

Quote from: drummerboy on January 24, 2024, 10:14:18 AMAs others have said, it is an email owned by the school, so they can set the rules.  However, any chance, if not for the fun of it, you could screw with them by claiming anti-Semitism or something along that line? The Old Testament is also a work of Jewish literature, keep in mind.  I bet you could have a MLK or Harvey Milk quote as a sig and it'd pass their test.

lol that's a good idea.
Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

Heinrich

I am going to slide in the Latin phrase the footballer embroidered on his tie when he went White House after World CHampionship(Super Bowl).

Bernadette

Quote from: Heinrich on January 24, 2024, 01:32:34 PMI am going to slide in the Latin phrase the footballer embroidered on his tie when he went White House after World CHampionship(Super Bowl).
What's the phrase? I don't follow football.
My Lord and my God.

Lynne

'Vulnerari Praesidio,' Latin for 'Protect the vulnerable.'  :cheer:
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Heinrich

OzarkCatholic

When I was in public ed, I used Latin phrases as bylines-signatures.

I am no longer in public ed. And make thrice as much.
Feels like Groundhog Day again.

Heinrich

Quote from: OzarkCatholic on January 25, 2024, 10:49:16 PMWhen I was in public ed, I used Latin phrases as bylines-signatures.

I have reached out to you here via PM. Care to give me practical advice on how my "soft" professional skills can be utilized in order to develop applicable hard skills? I ask this of anyone here, too.

Heinrich

Quote from: Heinrich on January 27, 2024, 08:55:14 AM
Quote from: OzarkCatholic on January 25, 2024, 10:49:16 PMWhen I was in public ed, I used Latin phrases as bylines-signatures.

Care to give me practical advice on how my "soft" professional skills can be utilized in order to develop applicable hard skills? I ask this of anyone here, too.

ETA: facts amended

LausTibiChriste

Quote from: Heinrich on January 27, 2024, 08:55:14 AM

I have reached out to you here via PM. Care to give me practical advice on how my "soft" professional skills can be utilized in order to develop applicable hard skills? I ask this of anyone here, too.

You're a teacher, ja? What are your hobbies other than dreaming of the restoration of the Holy Roman Empire?
Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie