Last movie you saw?

Started by tmw89, December 27, 2012, 03:03:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tmw89

Reversal of Fortune, via OnDemand HD.  First-rate Jeremy Irons performance.
Quote from: Bishop WilliamsonThe "promise to respect" as Church law the New Code of Canon Law is to respect a number of supposed laws directly contrary to Church doctrine.

---

http://tradblogs.blogspot.com

NOW OPEN:  A new Trad forum featuring Catholic books, information, and discussion!

maryslittlegarden

Miss Potter  (no relation to Harry.)
For a Child is born to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace

erin is nice

tmw89

Big Fish, on a friend's Netflix.  Didn't care for it.
Quote from: Bishop WilliamsonThe "promise to respect" as Church law the New Code of Canon Law is to respect a number of supposed laws directly contrary to Church doctrine.

---

NOW OPEN:  A new Trad forum featuring Catholic books, information, and discussion!

CoolCat

Quote from: tmw89 on March 06, 2013, 09:16:26 PM
Big Fish, on a friend's Netflix.  Didn't care for it.
Is this thread about where and through what medium was the last movie we saw, or just, "last movie we saw"?

Anywho, Kill Bill Vol 2
Omni Violentia

Hat And Beard

I took his mention of the medium to imply that he wasn't really seeking the movie out, he just happened to watch it.

tmw89

What H&B said, besides how I'll generally volunteer the info.

Although I think "CoolCat" is trying some lame tactic against me... "it's not very effective..."

---

tmw89

Oh, and almost forgot!  Watched 1955's noir classic Kiss Me Deadly tonight . . . on Blu-ray  :tongue:

---

totiusque

Scott Pilgrim vs. the World
"Whenever anything disagreeable or displeasing happens to you, remember Christ crucified and be silent."
—St John of the Cross

Bonaventure

"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

Gottmitunsalex

"Nothing is more miserable than those people who never failed to attack their own salvation. When there was need to observe the Law, they trampled it under foot. Now that the Law has ceased to bind, they obstinately strive to observe it. What could be more pitiable that those who provoke God not only by transgressing the Law but also by keeping it? But at any rate the Jews say that they, too, adore God. God forbid that I say that. No Jew adores God! Who say so? The Son of God say so. For he said: "If you were to know my Father, you would also know me. But you neither know me nor do you know my Father". Could I produce a witness more trustworthy than the Son of God?"  St. John Chrysostom  Sunday Homily

"The two goals of the Jews: The universal domination of the world and the destruction of Catholicism, out of hatred for Christ" --Mgr. Jouin

Christknight104

Quote from: Bonaventure on March 10, 2013, 02:30:30 AM
Skyfall

I felt Bond let his girlfriend die too easily in that film.

Bonaventure

"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

Gottmitunsalex

"Nothing is more miserable than those people who never failed to attack their own salvation. When there was need to observe the Law, they trampled it under foot. Now that the Law has ceased to bind, they obstinately strive to observe it. What could be more pitiable that those who provoke God not only by transgressing the Law but also by keeping it? But at any rate the Jews say that they, too, adore God. God forbid that I say that. No Jew adores God! Who say so? The Son of God say so. For he said: "If you were to know my Father, you would also know me. But you neither know me nor do you know my Father". Could I produce a witness more trustworthy than the Son of God?"  St. John Chrysostom  Sunday Homily

"The two goals of the Jews: The universal domination of the world and the destruction of Catholicism, out of hatred for Christ" --Mgr. Jouin

BierKaiser