new to forum

Started by sedmohradsko, July 29, 2018, 09:22:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sedmohradsko

Hello everyone!

What brings you to SD? interest in traditional Catholicism
Are you a member of other Internet fora?  If so, care to mention which one(s)? Fisheaters, OrthodoxChristianity.net
Why did you choose your username and avatar? I haven't chosen an avatar yet.  My user name is the Slovak word for Transylvania.  I am part Slovak, and part Hungarian from Transylvania.  Mostly German, though :)
What is your state of life - single, married, religious, or still discerning? single
Whereabouts do you live "in real life"? (be as specific or as general as you wish!) Maryland
Personality type? Melancholic/phlegmatic
Favorite books? Not so much of a hard book reader anymore.  I just started reading the Benedict Option on Kindle.
Favorite movies? Anything apocalyptic or post-apocalyptic.
Favorite TV shows? Walking Dead, House of Cards, Handmaid's Tale
Favorite sports/teams Real Madrid, FC Toronto
Have any hobbies? Going to the beach and camping.  I'm interested in going hunting, but I wasn't raised in a hunting family, so have never done it yet.
Pet peeves: Insufferable, cantankerous people
Fun random fact about yourself:  I'm studying environmental management.  Not sure that's fun, but it's random :)

ServusMariae

Hello sedmohradsko!

Welcome! I am the unofficial confetti thrower of the forum, throwing confetti for all newbies young & old. Feel free to make yourself right at home! :)

Michael Wilson

Welcome to the Forum! I'm also a big R.M. Fan. Hope you enjoy your time here.
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers

Bonaventure

Quote from: Michael Wilson on July 29, 2018, 10:18:05 AM
Welcome to the Forum! I'm also a big R.M. Fan. Hope you enjoy your time here.

So am I. ¡Hala Madrid!
"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

red solo cup

non impediti ratione cogitationis

Heinrich

Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Vetus Ordo

Welcome, Sedmohradsko.

Quote from: sedmohradsko on July 29, 2018, 09:22:29 AMMy user name is the Slovak word for Transylvania.  I am part Slovak, and part Hungarian from Transylvania.  Mostly German, though

And to think that your username could have been Siebenbürgen.

Or even Erdély.

It would have been much better.
DISPOSE OUR DAYS IN THY PEACE, AND COMMAND US TO BE DELIVERED FROM ETERNAL DAMNATION, AND TO BE NUMBERED IN THE FLOCK OF THINE ELECT.

sedmohradsko

Quote from: Vetus Ordo on July 29, 2018, 02:31:18 PM
Welcome, Sedmohradsko.

Quote from: sedmohradsko on July 29, 2018, 09:22:29 AMMy user name is the Slovak word for Transylvania.  I am part Slovak, and part Hungarian from Transylvania.  Mostly German, though

Or even Erdély.

Haha, better, or easier?  ;D

Vetus Ordo

Quote from: sedmohradsko on July 29, 2018, 03:06:50 PM
Quote from: Vetus Ordo on July 29, 2018, 02:31:18 PM
Welcome, Sedmohradsko.

Or even Erdély.

Haha, better, or easier?  ;D

Sometimes there is no difference.
DISPOSE OUR DAYS IN THY PEACE, AND COMMAND US TO BE DELIVERED FROM ETERNAL DAMNATION, AND TO BE NUMBERED IN THE FLOCK OF THINE ELECT.

PerEvangelicaDicta

They shall not be confounded in the evil time; and in the days of famine they shall be filled
Psalms 36:19

Governator

I'm new here I usually use CAF.

I am wondering if there are certain Smiley's were not allowed to use?

In the Curmudgeons thread we use angry face Smiley's with coffee and cigarettes as sort of our response.

It's a joke thread basically you just act cranky but have real conversations.

It's a lot fun but I wasn't sure if cigarettes Emojis are not allowed here since I noticed some of my Emojis disappeared on my post.

I didn't see anything in the rules so I just wanted to make sure I'm not stepping on toes and getting in trouble.