Remember it's Lent: Evil is on the prowl, stick to your prayers

Started by Gerard, March 10, 2014, 09:46:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gerard

I posted something like this last year and it seems even more pronounced this year.  As soon as Lent begins, the assaults of evil are advancing at full throttle. 

Usually they wait till Holy Week and we get the television and news specials calling into question everything held sacred. Indifferentism among Christians is proposed etc. 

But this year, the secularists are on the attack, one example that showed up with curious timing is the show "Cosmos" in its new version. It is even more strident than the original and it's making a point of attacking the Catholic Church in particular with lies, omissions and exaggerations. 

The Neo Catholics are on the warpath against traditionalists using whatever they can find. Keating and Shea are prime examples of evil doers in their attacks. 

The Traditional Mass is being attacked in various circles with people emboldened by Francis' not well disguised disdain for those elements of Catholicism he finds unattractive. 

Almost on cue, retired defenders of the Church are under attack at least in the English speaking world, Malachi Martin is suddenly popping up again in thread, Archbishop LeFebvre is being attacked. Keating has even taken shots at the late Michael Davies.

The strange timing of the CMTV decision to not just be an enabler of papal misdeeds but to attack people who simply point out what Voris points out about every other bishop does or is liable to do. 

And I'm sure a number of us individually are being needled in numerous ways both subtle and overt in our daily lives. 

My personal advice (which has no value) is to go on the attack, defend what you can but first, take care of your prayer life.   A couple of squabbles can be just the thing to make you too nervous to get a Rosary said or pay attention to Mass etc.  Put the brakes on whatever you are doing, reading or hearing about the contemporary scene and do what is required for the good of your soul during this season. 

Kaesekopf

I admit I did not make a connection between Cosmos and its airing on the First Sunday of Lent.
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Bonaventure

Yes, this usually happens. Personal problems emerge with fury as soon as Lent begins.
"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

MilesChristi

Evil does seem to work that way, my scrupulosity, and a para de of thoughts came to me right before and now at the start of lent.

Enviado desde mi SCH-I545 mediante Tapatalk

The world is charged with the grandeur of God.
    It will flame out, like shining from shook foil;
    It gathers to a greatness, like the ooze of oil
Crushed. Why do men then now not reck his rod?
Generations have trod, have trod, have trod;
    And all is seared with trade; bleared, smeared with toil;
    And wears man's smudge and shares man's smell: the soil
Is bare now, nor can foot feel, being shod.

And for all this, nature is never spent;
    There lives the dearest freshness deep down things;
And though the last lights off the black West went
    Oh, morning, at the brown brink eastward, springs —
Because the Holy Ghost over the bent
    World broods with warm breast and with ah! bright wings.

Larry

QuoteKeating has even taken shots at the late Michael Davies.

Gerard, do you have a link to where Keating does this? He was supposed to be friends with Davies, even staying with him at his house in Britain. Nice of Karl to stab him in the back once his "friend" is no longer here to defend himself.
"At the evening of life, we shall be judged on our love."-St. John of the Cross

Dominica

Evil is indeed on the prowl, and I am being horribly attacked.   The good news is that I realize this, the bad news is that the attack is exacerbated by other circumstances in my life.  I cannot remember ever being so disgusted, mentally exhausted and ready to just give up.  On everything. 

It is also true that usually Holy Week is the big attack, but I have also noticed that this year, as soon as Lent began, the assault began. 

drummerboy

Quote from: Bonaventure on March 11, 2014, 12:48:10 AM
Yes, this usually happens. Personal problems emerge with fury as soon as Lent begins.

No crap.  I did something kind of stupid right on ash Wednesday already... :-[ 

But thankfully for us the BVM always prevails over the stranger, the evil one.
- I'll get with the times when the times are worth getting with

"I like grumpy old cusses.  Hope to live long enough to be one" - John Wayne

Landless Laborer

Yes, physical and spiritual.  I had three nights of evil dreams starting on Ash Wednesday.  They stopped when i sought the protection of St Michael. 

maryslittlegarden

For a Child is born to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace

Gerard

Quote from: Larry on March 11, 2014, 05:29:24 AM
QuoteKeating has even taken shots at the late Michael Davies.

Gerard, do you have a link to where Keating does this? He was supposed to be friends with Davies, even staying with him at his house in Britain. Nice of Karl to stab him in the back once his "friend" is no longer here to defend himself.

I'll try and hunt down the quote but it's on his Facebook page in the comments section.  I think it's his trashing of LeFebvre post but it might be his weighing in on the Fisher More College situation. 

drummerboy

Quote from: Landless Laborer on March 11, 2014, 10:49:11 AM
Yes, physical and spiritual.  I had three nights of evil dreams starting on Ash Wednesday.  They stopped when i sought the protection of St Michael.

I used to keep a medal of St. Michael on my doorpost after I woke up once and saw what looked like two red dots (eyes?) kind of above me.  Maybe I was just seeing things, but you can never be too safe. Haven't scene them in ages though. I got a picture of OL of Guadalupe in my room too though, and she's good for crushing demons.  "Guadalupe" was actually mis-pronounced by the Spanish.  There's an Aztec word very similar in sound which means "She who crushes the serpent."
- I'll get with the times when the times are worth getting with

"I like grumpy old cusses.  Hope to live long enough to be one" - John Wayne

maryslittlegarden

Quote from: drummerboy on March 11, 2014, 03:43:48 PM

I used to keep a medal of St. Michael on my doorpost after I woke up once and saw what looked like two red dots (eyes?) kind of above me.  Maybe I was just seeing things, but you can never be too safe. Haven't scene them in ages though. I got a picture of OL of Guadalupe in my room too though, and she's good for crushing demons.  "Guadalupe" was actually mis-pronounced by the Spanish.  There's an Aztec word very similar in sound which means "She who crushes the serpent."

I have St Benedict medals on my door and my windows.  They get a good dousing with holy water on a regular basis, too.
For a Child is born to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace

Thurifer

Quote from: maryslittlegarden on March 11, 2014, 03:47:40 PM

I have St Benedict medals on my door and my windows.  They get a good dousing with holy water on a regular basis, too.

What do you have? Buckets full of holy water?
Pray for me.

OCLittleFlower

I've noticed this as well.  Even just more nastiness than usual on Facebook.

I wonder if the upcoming "canonizations" have anything to do with this.
-- currently writing a Trad romance entitled Flirting with Sedevacantism --

???? ?? ?????? ????????? ???, ?? ?????.

maryslittlegarden

Quote from: Thurifer on March 11, 2014, 08:30:44 PM
Quote from: maryslittlegarden on March 11, 2014, 03:47:40 PM

What do you have? Buckets full of holy water?

No buckets, just my holy water bottle -they get a good "sprinkle."