evangelizing the major religions- How?

Started by CatholicStudyAttempt, March 30, 2023, 01:42:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CatholicStudyAttempt

3 religions have over a billion people- Christian, Muslim and Hindu.
 Major religions are differently ranked, but descending to jews in number it's

Christian, Muslim, Hindu, Buddhist, "folk religion" (mainly Chinese), Shinto, Taoism, Vodu, Sikhism and Jewish.

How do you think each group should be evangelized?

Julio

First of all, I am not into "Christian" selection as it is used today because there are schimstatics who are part of it. It should be Catholics, the Protestants, etc and then Islam and others.

Regarding evangilization, I shall make as the reference regarding the way of the first Christians who converted the Roman Empire towards Catholicism. It is strong obedience to the will of God and correct adoration, I submit. We cannot give what we do not have. Like what God commands, seek first the Kingdom of God and everything follows.

Jmartyr

It's kind of hard to evangelize non-Catholics when the Church leaders say they are ok the way they are. Among them are two "saints".
"If anyone is excommunicated it is not I, but the excommunicators." - Archbishop Marcel Lefebvre
" A false church cannot have a true mission." - St. Francis De Sales
" The way is open for us to deprive councils of their authority, contradict their acts freely, and profess confidently, whatever SEEMS to be true. " - Martin Luther

Jmartyr

The "saints", by the way, are JPII and Mother Teresa
"If anyone is excommunicated it is not I, but the excommunicators." - Archbishop Marcel Lefebvre
" The way is open for us to deprive councils of their authority, contradict their acts freely, and profess confidently, whatever SEEMS to be true. " - Martin Luther

Mr. Mysterious

If it were a case say of the Hindus in India I would evangelize them through the Rites that are more or less native there, namely the Syro-Malabar and Syro-Malankar Rites. They'd probably have far more success than evangelizing them through the Novus Ordo.

Evangelizing Muslims in the Middle East would probably yield greater results if they were evangelized using the Rites native to their areas, like the Chaldean Catholic Church to give an example.

Many of the rest I'd evangelize the old fashioned way, but we'd need a host of people like St. Francis Xavier, St. Vincent Ferrer, St. Francis de Sales, etc. They and others like them would be considered rigid, intolerant Pelagian schismatics in today's Church.
"Take courage! I have overcome the world." John 16:33

Greg

Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

benedicite

At the beginning of the 20th century the number of Muslims in Africa outnumbered the number of Christians by a wide margin. Today the number of Christians in Africa is greater than the number of Muslims. 

CatholicStudyAttempt

Quote from: benedicite on April 07, 2023, 12:52:04 AMAt the beginning of the 20th century the number of Muslims in Africa outnumbered the number of Christians by a wide margin. Today the number of Christians in Africa is greater than the number of Muslims. 

Yeah, like it or not Africa is going to be a bigger and bigger part of the church. We whites will have to humble ourselves to this. It's also a seat of Christian vs Muslim conflict, which will grow. Indeed, Russia and China are nothing to Islam as a long term risk in the world.
 The church is growing in the world, even if it seems weaker in the west.

Tennessean

Hopefully the humility cuts both ways. It isn't humble to flex nuts or posture, either.

CatholicStudyAttempt

Quote from: Tennessean on April 07, 2023, 09:05:37 PMHopefully the humility cuts both ways. It isn't humble to flex nuts or posture, either.

Is there even a single republican who would speak against gay stuff so openly as this Ghana politician?

Tennessean

benedicite

Quote from: Jmartyr on April 02, 2023, 12:27:56 PMIt's kind of hard to evangelize non-Catholics when the Church leaders say they are ok the way they are. Among them are two "saints".

It has been alleged that Mother Teresa of Calcutta used to have the nuns secretly baptize those who were at the point of death so that their souls would get to Heaven.

Jmartyr

Quote from: benedicite on April 10, 2023, 12:16:37 AM
Quote from: Jmartyr on April 02, 2023, 12:27:56 PMIt's kind of hard to evangelize non-Catholics when the Church leaders say they are ok the way they are. Among them are two "saints".

It has been alleged that Mother Teresa of Calcutta used to have the nuns secretly baptize those who were at the point of death so that their souls would get to Heaven.
By publicly saying a Muslim should be a good Muslim, Hindu should be a good Hindu. Sounds duplicitous to me.