To what are you currently listening?

Started by Bonaventure, December 26, 2012, 09:40:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Acolyte

Any Yes fans will like this. Tony Kaye is in the band.

"From the moment we awake in the morning, let us pray continually in the words of holy David: Turn away my eyes, that they may not behold vanity"
St Alphonsus

"I will set my face against you, and you shall fall down before your enemies, and shall be made subject to them that hate you, you shall flee when no man pursueth you"
Leviticus 26:17

"Behold, O God our protector : and look upon the face of Thy Christ" (Ps. 79:20) Here is devotion to the face of Jesus Christ as prophesized by David."
Fr. Lawrence Daniel Carney III

red solo cup

non impediti ratione cogitationis

red solo cup

Greg

I had an interesting day today.  Was an filming extra in a pop video in London.  Sort of romantic ballad type of singer. I had to kiss my wife 8 times in a London pub.  She was paid 500 dollars.  About 5 hours of hanging around and 30 minutes of kissing.

Under NDA till it comes out but when it does I will post it.
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

Melkor

The Needle and The Spoon - Lynyrd Skynyrd

All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost.

"Am I not here, I who am your mother?" Mary to Juan Diego

"Let a man walk ten miles steadily on a hot summer's day along a dusty English road, and he will soon discover why beer was invented." G.K. Chesterton

"Blessed are they that hunger and thirst after justice: for they shall have their fill." Jesus Christ

maryslittlegarden

For a Child is born to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace

Melkor

The days when he actually made country music. Most modern country is just pop music called 'country.'

"Let a man walk ten miles steadily on a hot summer's day along a dusty English road, and he will soon discover why beer was invented." G.K. Chesterton

"Blessed are they that hunger and thirst after justice: for they shall have their fill." Jesus Christ

Melkor

Holy smokes, very well constructed song. Loving the level changes.

Melkor

======= The Last Stand SONG STORY =======

The story of the 189 brave soldiers in the Swiss guard during the sacking of Rome in 1527.
Since Charles V, ruler of the holy roman empire couldn't pay his troops they mutinied and forced their commander to lead them towards Rome where plunder was plentiful.
When the invading force entered the vatican pope Clement VII escaped to Castel Sant'Angelo via passetto di Borgo.
The few remaining guardsmen gave their lives on the steps to St. Peters Basilica.

MaximGun

clau clau

Flanders and Swann - The Slow Train

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6OHD2uCpfU[/yt]

St Erth to St Ives survived.  :-)

All the sidings were taken out of use at St Ives by 1966, by which time trains on the branch were operated by diesel multiple units. The line was proposed for closure in the Reshaping of British railways report which prompted it to be one of the lines featured in Flanders and Swann's Slow Train,[4] but it was reprieved by Minister of Transport Barbara Castle. On 23 May 1971, the platform at St Ives was moved to make way for a car park[5] but seven years later, on 27 May 1978, a new station was opened at Lelant Saltings between St Erth and Lelant. This was given a large car park so that it could operate as a Park and Ride facility for St Ives.[1] In June 2019, the Park and Ride facility was moved to St Erth and services at Lelant Saltings were reduced.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St_Ives_Bay_Line#History

Lovely video about the railway below:

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNVaDJ38Jas[/yt]
Father time has an undefeated record.

But when he's dumb and no more here,
Nineteen hundred years or near,
Clau-Clau-Claudius shall speak clear.
(https://completeandunabridged.blogspot.com/2009/06/i-claudius.html)

red solo cup

Melkor

Acolyte

Feeling kinda rootsy tonight so I started skimming yt vids and found this...

I love that kind of stuff. That's a gourd banjo she's playing.
"From the moment we awake in the morning, let us pray continually in the words of holy David: Turn away my eyes, that they may not behold vanity"
St Alphonsus

"I will set my face against you, and you shall fall down before your enemies, and shall be made subject to them that hate you, you shall flee when no man pursueth you"
Leviticus 26:17

"Behold, O God our protector : and look upon the face of Thy Christ" (Ps. 79:20) Here is devotion to the face of Jesus Christ as prophesized by David."
Fr. Lawrence Daniel Carney III

red solo cup