Author Topic: To what are you currently listening?  (Read 551465 times)

Offline maryslittlegarden

• Mary Garden
  • Feldwebel
  • Religion: Catholic
I will give glory to thee because thou hast heard me: and art become my salvation. The stone which the builders rejected; the same is become the head of the corner.  This is the Lord's doing: and it is wonderful in our eyes.  This is the day which the Lord hath made: let us be glad and rejoice therein

Offline inprincipio

• Hellebardier
Re: What are you currently listening to?
« Reply #61 on: January 01, 2013, 05:17:56 PM »

Offline tmw89

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Feldwebel
  • Religion: Roman Catholic
« Reply #62 on: January 02, 2013, 03:37:22 PM »
Quote from: Bishop Williamson
The "promise to respect" as Church law the New Code of Canon Law is to respect a number of supposed laws directly contrary to Church doctrine.

---

http://tradblogs.blogspot.com

NOW OPEN:  A new Trad forum featuring Catholic books, information, and discussion!

Offline Hat And Beard

• Wachtmeister
« Reply #63 on: January 02, 2013, 11:45:05 PM »
I am really digging this album. Not only do I love love love the organ, but it's my favorite organist, guitarist, and my second favorite drummer all on one album. I need to buy this...
When someone steals another's clothes, we call them a thief. Should we not give the same name to one who could clothe the naked and does not? The bread in your cupboard belongs to the hungry; the coat unused in your closet belongs to the one who needs it; the shoes rotting in your closet belong to the one who has no shoes; the money which you hoard up belongs to the poor.
- St Basil the Great

Offline Hat And Beard

• Wachtmeister
« Reply #64 on: January 03, 2013, 12:48:52 AM »
Everything is right about this song.
When someone steals another's clothes, we call them a thief. Should we not give the same name to one who could clothe the naked and does not? The bread in your cupboard belongs to the hungry; the coat unused in your closet belongs to the one who needs it; the shoes rotting in your closet belong to the one who has no shoes; the money which you hoard up belongs to the poor.
- St Basil the Great

Offline Gottmitunsalex

• "As the head of the Church, I cannot answer you otherwise: The Jews have not recognized Our Lord; therefore we cannot recognize the Jewish people." ---Pope St. Pius X
  • Feldwebel
  • Magister Generalis - Hochmeister
    • My position.
  • Religion: römisch-katholisch
« Reply #65 on: January 03, 2013, 12:49:57 AM »
"Nothing is more miserable than those people who never failed to attack their own salvation. When there was need to observe the Law, they trampled it under foot. Now that the Law has ceased to bind, they obstinately strive to observe it. What could be more pitiable that those who provoke God not only by transgressing the Law but also by keeping it? But at any rate the Jews say that they, too, adore God. God forbid that I say that. No Jew adores God! Who say so? The Son of God say so. For he said: "If you were to know my Father, you would also know me. But you neither know me nor do you know my Father". Could I produce a witness more trustworthy than the Son of God?"  St. John Chrysostom  Sunday Homily

"The two goals of the Jews: The universal domination of the world and the destruction of Catholicism, out of hatred for Christ" --Mgr. Jouin

Offline Gottmitunsalex

• "As the head of the Church, I cannot answer you otherwise: The Jews have not recognized Our Lord; therefore we cannot recognize the Jewish people." ---Pope St. Pius X
  • Feldwebel
  • Magister Generalis - Hochmeister
    • My position.
  • Religion: römisch-katholisch
« Reply #66 on: January 03, 2013, 01:43:13 AM »
"Nothing is more miserable than those people who never failed to attack their own salvation. When there was need to observe the Law, they trampled it under foot. Now that the Law has ceased to bind, they obstinately strive to observe it. What could be more pitiable that those who provoke God not only by transgressing the Law but also by keeping it? But at any rate the Jews say that they, too, adore God. God forbid that I say that. No Jew adores God! Who say so? The Son of God say so. For he said: "If you were to know my Father, you would also know me. But you neither know me nor do you know my Father". Could I produce a witness more trustworthy than the Son of God?"  St. John Chrysostom  Sunday Homily

"The two goals of the Jews: The universal domination of the world and the destruction of Catholicism, out of hatred for Christ" --Mgr. Jouin

Offline Hat And Beard

• Wachtmeister
« Reply #67 on: January 04, 2013, 01:07:20 AM »
- St Basil the Great

Offline Hat And Beard

• Wachtmeister
« Reply #68 on: January 04, 2013, 02:03:53 AM »
I should be in bed, but there's so much great music that's too easy for me to find on youtube.
- St Basil the Great

Offline Lyubov

• Wachtmeister
« Reply #69 on: January 04, 2013, 04:37:56 AM »
Имя ты мое услышишь
Из под топота копыт.

Offline Kaesekopf

• Enkindle in us the virtues of humility and patience So we too may obediently do your will faithfully.
  • Oberst
  • Major
    • Suscipe Domine
« Reply #70 on: January 04, 2013, 12:44:50 PM »
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Offline Hat And Beard

• Wachtmeister
« Reply #71 on: January 05, 2013, 12:13:40 AM »
Art Blakey, Horace Silver, and Hank Mobley? It doesn't get much better than this!

- St Basil the Great

Offline maryslittlegarden

• Mary Garden
  • Feldwebel
« Reply #72 on: January 05, 2013, 12:59:08 PM »
I will give glory to thee because thou hast heard me: and art become my salvation. The stone which the builders rejected; the same is become the head of the corner.  This is the Lord's doing: and it is wonderful in our eyes.  This is the day which the Lord hath made: let us be glad and rejoice therein

Offline Lirael

• Trad-Lite
  • Hellebardier
« Reply #73 on: January 05, 2013, 02:45:21 PM »
I have been pretty much exclusively listening to Sufjan Stevens since November. This is one of my favorite songs....but he also has tons of Christmas ditties, strange electronica, and folk music with Christian themes.

Why art thou sad, o my soul? And why dost thou disquiet me?

Offline Kaesekopf

• Enkindle in us the virtues of humility and patience So we too may obediently do your will faithfully.
  • Oberst
  • Major
    • Suscipe Domine
Re: Re: What are you currently listening to?
« Reply #74 on: January 05, 2013, 03:10:24 PM »
I have been pretty much exclusively listening to Sufjan Stevens since November. This is one of my favorite songs....but he also has tons of Christmas ditties, strange electronica, and folk music with Christian themes.

LouisIX probably approves.
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.