To what are you currently listening?

Started by Bonaventure, December 26, 2012, 09:40:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Instaurare omnia

Quote from: Acolyte on November 25, 2022, 12:53:51 AM
Quote from: Instaurare omnia on November 24, 2022, 06:26:36 PM
Old Time Fiddlin' with Woody and Ketch (Woody Paul of Riders in the Sky & Ketch Secor of Old Crow Medicine Show)
You seen this documentary ?
Just finished watching it now. Thanks for posting it. I guess the scene that got what I had been thinking was at around the 49:00 mark when the kids are dancing for the movie men, and the camera glances over at the old stern cameo faces high up on the wall; it's as if the ancestors aren't pleased. Earlier when it talked about all the archival reels being kept at Columbia University up in NYC, it was as though they had come to the hill folk just to take their music and pin it down under glass like so many butterflies. That's why I have trouble listening to Old Crow Medicine Show, Avett Brothers, and such -- yes, that can still be beautiful in a way, for what it's worth, but it misses so much of what the real thing used to be.
Nisi Dominus custodierit civitatem, frustra vigilat qui custodit eam (Psalm 126:2).
Benedicite, montes et colles, Domino: benedicite universa germinantia in terra, Domino (Daniel 3:75-76).
Put not your trust in princes: In the children of men, in whom there is no salvation (Psalm 145:2-3).

Melkor

All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost.

"Am I not here, I who am your mother?" Mary to Juan Diego

"Let a man walk ten miles steadily on a hot summer's day along a dusty English road, and he will soon discover why beer was invented." G.K. Chesterton

"Blessed are they that hunger and thirst after justice: for they shall have their fill." Jesus Christ

red solo cup

non impediti ratione cogitationis

Melkor

Worth a listen if you like country music/Upchurch.

"Let a man walk ten miles steadily on a hot summer's day along a dusty English road, and he will soon discover why beer was invented." G.K. Chesterton

"Blessed are they that hunger and thirst after justice: for they shall have their fill." Jesus Christ

james03

"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

"Although He should kill me, I will trust in Him"

Heinrich

Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Tennessean

Tennessean

Tennessean

red solo cup

non impediti ratione cogitationis

Melkor

Melkor

Heinrich

"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Heinrich

Melkor

Son of the South-Upchurch. Pretty lit.