Lego Accused of Racism With Star Wars Set

Started by zork, January 25, 2013, 10:58:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zork

Christus vincit, Christus regnat, Christus imperat.

Mithrandylan

K, so 8 times out of ten when there's some racist story it's just falsely attributed.  Black guy gets killed by white guy?  Racism.  That is the assumed position.  And it's usually proven false.  HOWEVER-- a white guy killing a black guy could obviously BE a racial crime, it just usually isn't.

What's unique about this isn't that it's falsely attributed racism, but that racism is completely incompatible with the story.  It's like saying that having white walls is sexist.  Having a model (supposedly) modeled after a religious building couldn't possibly be racist.
Ps 135

Quia in humilitáte nostra memor fuit nostri: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.
Et redémit nos ab inimícis nostris: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.
Qui dat escam omni carni: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.
Confitémini Deo cæli: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.
Confitémini Dómino dominórum: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.

For he was mindful of us in our affliction: * for his mercy endureth for ever.
And he redeemed us from our enemies: * for his mercy endureth for ever.
Who giveth food to all flesh: * for his mercy endureth for ever.
Give glory to the God of heaven: * for his mercy endureth for ever.
Give glory to the Lord of lords: * for his mercy endureth for ever.

-I retract any and all statements I have made that are incongruent with the True Faith, and apologize for ever having made them-

Bonaventure

"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

Gottmitunsalex

Reminda me of the Tavion Martin Case. When everyone heard and/or read "Zimmerman", "Racist" was the first thought that crossed everyone's mind.

When they actually saw Zimmerman's picture....
"Nothing is more miserable than those people who never failed to attack their own salvation. When there was need to observe the Law, they trampled it under foot. Now that the Law has ceased to bind, they obstinately strive to observe it. What could be more pitiable that those who provoke God not only by transgressing the Law but also by keeping it? But at any rate the Jews say that they, too, adore God. God forbid that I say that. No Jew adores God! Who say so? The Son of God say so. For he said: "If you were to know my Father, you would also know me. But you neither know me nor do you know my Father". Could I produce a witness more trustworthy than the Son of God?"  St. John Chrysostom  Sunday Homily

"The two goals of the Jews: The universal domination of the world and the destruction of Catholicism, out of hatred for Christ" --Mgr. Jouin

Bonaventure

Quote from: Gottmitunsalex on January 26, 2013, 12:47:02 AM
Reminda me of the Tavion Martin Case. When everyone heard and/or read "Zimmerman", "Racist" was the first thought that crossed everyone's mind.

When they actually saw Zimmerman's picture....

Latin dude.
"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

totiusque

If anything, shouldn't they be more angry with George Lucas?  After all, Lego just makes the sets look as close to the movie versions as possible.  Absolutely ridiculous.
"Whenever anything disagreeable or displeasing happens to you, remember Christ crucified and be silent."
—St John of the Cross

tmw89

Best part is how this particular mosque used to be one of the greatest churches in the world - hey, maybe the Church can jump on the bandwagon and finally start suing somebody instead of getting sued, themselves, right?

...right??!!
Quote from: Bishop WilliamsonThe "promise to respect" as Church law the New Code of Canon Law is to respect a number of supposed laws directly contrary to Church doctrine.

---

http://tradblogs.blogspot.com

NOW OPEN:  A new Trad forum featuring Catholic books, information, and discussion!

MilesChristi

I was going to say, how is that offensive to Turks?
Like Obama said "You didn't build that"
The world is charged with the grandeur of God.
    It will flame out, like shining from shook foil;
    It gathers to a greatness, like the ooze of oil
Crushed. Why do men then now not reck his rod?
Generations have trod, have trod, have trod;
    And all is seared with trade; bleared, smeared with toil;
    And wears man's smudge and shares man's smell: the soil
Is bare now, nor can foot feel, being shod.

And for all this, nature is never spent;
    There lives the dearest freshness deep down things;
And though the last lights off the black West went
    Oh, morning, at the brown brink eastward, springs —
Because the Holy Ghost over the bent
    World broods with warm breast and with ah! bright wings.

Irenaeus G. Saintonge

"This is that disciple who giveth testimony of these things, and hath written these things; and we know that his testimony is true. "
Jn:21:24

????????????

Adeodatus

¡Viva Cristo Rey!
Sh'ma Yisrael Adonai Eloheinu Adonai E?ad