Unban Exsurge Domine

Started by Heinrich, February 10, 2020, 09:54:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vetus Ordo

Quote from: GBoldwater on February 10, 2020, 03:51:15 PM
Quote from: Xavier on February 10, 2020, 02:00:51 PM
Our purpose should be to all collectively grow in Faith and in holiness. Whatever helps us fulfill that purpose is good, whatever prevents us from fulfilling it is bad. I'm ok with non-Catholic posters provided they don't willingly blaspheme, and are here to learn about the Faith. We already had a brother who had some doubts about the Faith recently come back to strong Faith in Christ. So, that's very good, a success story. What we should do is want to save our souls and those of others imo.

As for Exsurge Domine, he was a very dogmatic sedevacantist, considered everyone else to be a heretic, wanted to have heretics executed etc etc. I'm not sure if he really believed all that, but if he did, it was wrong.

As Ermy_Law said, is saying we're going to execute heretics the thing most likely to attract people to Christ or the Church? No.

Edit: Ermy said, sarcastically, "I think we can all agree that there's no better way to bring people to Christ than by naming them as heretics and suggesting they should be executed."

That is not the mind of the Church. The Church doesn't want non-Catholics to post things against the faith, so they should not be here. It's why books had imprimaturs. It's harmful to the faith, and the moderator doesn't seem to care.

Does the forum have an imprimatur, I wonder?

Back in the day, none of these platforms where lay Catholics discuss theology free from clerical censure and supervision could even exist. Suscipe Domine is also a fruit of Vatican II.
DISPOSE OUR DAYS IN THY PEACE, AND COMMAND US TO BE DELIVERED FROM ETERNAL DAMNATION, AND TO BE NUMBERED IN THE FLOCK OF THINE ELECT.

clau clau

Father time has an undefeated record.

But when he's dumb and no more here,
Nineteen hundred years or near,
Clau-Clau-Claudius shall speak clear.
(https://completeandunabridged.blogspot.com/2009/06/i-claudius.html)

GBoldwater

Quote from: Vetus Ordo on February 10, 2020, 04:03:45 PM
Quote from: GBoldwater on February 10, 2020, 03:51:15 PM
Quote from: Xavier on February 10, 2020, 02:00:51 PM
Our purpose should be to all collectively grow in Faith and in holiness. Whatever helps us fulfill that purpose is good, whatever prevents us from fulfilling it is bad. I'm ok with non-Catholic posters provided they don't willingly blaspheme, and are here to learn about the Faith. We already had a brother who had some doubts about the Faith recently come back to strong Faith in Christ. So, that's very good, a success story. What we should do is want to save our souls and those of others imo.

As for Exsurge Domine, he was a very dogmatic sedevacantist, considered everyone else to be a heretic, wanted to have heretics executed etc etc. I'm not sure if he really believed all that, but if he did, it was wrong.

As Ermy_Law said, is saying we're going to execute heretics the thing most likely to attract people to Christ or the Church? No.

Edit: Ermy said, sarcastically, "I think we can all agree that there's no better way to bring people to Christ than by naming them as heretics and suggesting they should be executed."

That is not the mind of the Church. The Church doesn't want non-Catholics to post things against the faith, so they should not be here. It's why books had imprimaturs. It's harmful to the faith, and the moderator doesn't seem to care.

Does the forum have an imprimatur, I wonder?

Back in the day, none of these platforms where lay Catholics discuss theology free from clerical censure and supervision could even exist. Suscipe Domine is also a fruit of Vatican II.

I wasn't suggesting this forum have an imprimatur, but you really hit it on the head with your last sentence. This forum is a fruit of Vatican II, in that they are infected with ecumenism enough to sully the faith by religious association with those who are a danger to the faith.
My posting in the non-Catholic sub-forum does not imply that I condone the decision to allow non-Catholics here. I consider non-Catholics here to be de facto "trolls" against the Catholic Faith that should be banned. I believe this is traditional Catholic moral procedure.

Vetus Ordo

Quote from: GBoldwater on February 11, 2020, 10:59:22 AMI wasn't suggesting this forum have an imprimatur, but you really hit it on the head with your last sentence.

No such forums and blogs could even exist if we lived in the times of the Index.

QuoteThis forum is a fruit of Vatican II, in that they are infected with ecumenism enough to sully the faith by religious association with those who are a danger to the faith.

Quite. I wonder why do you want to spend time in a forum that is a fruit of Vatican II and infected with ecumenism, though. Aren't you endangering your own faith?
DISPOSE OUR DAYS IN THY PEACE, AND COMMAND US TO BE DELIVERED FROM ETERNAL DAMNATION, AND TO BE NUMBERED IN THE FLOCK OF THINE ELECT.

GBoldwater

Quote from: Vetus Ordo on February 11, 2020, 01:19:01 PM
Quote from: GBoldwater on February 11, 2020, 10:59:22 AMI wasn't suggesting this forum have an imprimatur, but you really hit it on the head with your last sentence.

No such forums and blogs could even exist if we lived in the times of the Index.

Yes, they could, with proper stipulations.

Quote from: Vetus Ordo on February 11, 2020, 01:19:01 PM
QuoteThis forum is a fruit of Vatican II, in that they are infected with ecumenism enough to sully the faith by religious association with those who are a danger to the faith.

Quite. I wonder why do you want to spend time in a forum that is a fruit of Vatican II and infected with ecumenism, though. Aren't you endangering your own faith?

Because I am trained and have permission.

Now, do you profess to believe all that is in the Apostles' Creed?
My posting in the non-Catholic sub-forum does not imply that I condone the decision to allow non-Catholics here. I consider non-Catholics here to be de facto "trolls" against the Catholic Faith that should be banned. I believe this is traditional Catholic moral procedure.

Gardener

Who trained you? Who gave you permission?
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

GBoldwater

trentcath

Gardener

Quote from: GBoldwater on February 11, 2020, 03:05:37 PM
Quote from: Gardener on February 11, 2020, 01:37:30 PM

My confessor.

They trained you? What did this training consist of? Under what conditions did they give you permission? Under which Bishop's authority was this priest given the ability to send forth apologists?

"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

christulsa

Perhaps he is enrolled in Pope Michael's online seminary (which does exist btw).   :laugh:

Acolyte

Quote from: GBoldwater on February 10, 2020, 01:48:28 PM
Quote from: trentcath on February 10, 2020, 01:46:50 PM
I can't believe anyone would be crazy enough to want that obnoxious tin hat wearing twit back  :o

Also I hope this doesn't turn into a criticise the mods thread  :pray2:

For one thing, he needs to be criticized for allowed non-Catholics here.

Are dogmatic sedes Catholic ?
"From the moment we awake in the morning, let us pray continually in the words of holy David: Turn away my eyes, that they may not behold vanity"
St Alphonsus

"I will set my face against you, and you shall fall down before your enemies, and shall be made subject to them that hate you, you shall flee when no man pursueth you"
Leviticus 26:17

"Behold, O God our protector : and look upon the face of Thy Christ" (Ps. 79:20) Here is devotion to the face of Jesus Christ as prophesized by David."
Fr. Lawrence Daniel Carney III

Acolyte

Quote from: Heinrich on February 10, 2020, 11:28:16 AM
None of us are, it would seem. But how does his uber enforcement of a Sensus Catholicus degrade the forum like the atheist, muslim, orthodox and heretic?
Good question. But no member of those four groups is a match for the dogmatic sede.

Being a sede is understandable considering the scandal of the current hierarchy.

But I can't imagine anyone being more detrimental to the piety of a Catholic strong in their faith, than a dogmatic sede.

How is it not evil to embrace such the Hardness of Heart required to condemn those who pray for Heretics ?

Am I going to tell because I assist an una cum Mass ?

The dogmatic sede seems to judge it so, usurping the Judgement of Christ the King Himself.

Again, I can sympathize with sedes, but not the ones who embrace hatred.
"From the moment we awake in the morning, let us pray continually in the words of holy David: Turn away my eyes, that they may not behold vanity"
St Alphonsus

"I will set my face against you, and you shall fall down before your enemies, and shall be made subject to them that hate you, you shall flee when no man pursueth you"
Leviticus 26:17

"Behold, O God our protector : and look upon the face of Thy Christ" (Ps. 79:20) Here is devotion to the face of Jesus Christ as prophesized by David."
Fr. Lawrence Daniel Carney III

christulsa

I have a theory.  The two Dimond Bros have been using multiple forum socket accounts for years.  You can spot their MO a mile away.  :bronx: :baby5: :spam:

GBoldwater

Quote from: Gardener on February 11, 2020, 07:05:32 PM
Quote from: GBoldwater on February 11, 2020, 03:05:37 PM
Quote from: Gardener on February 11, 2020, 01:37:30 PM

My confessor.

They trained you? What did this training consist of? Under what conditions did they give you permission? Under which Bishop's authority was this priest given the ability to send forth apologists?

You have a sufficient answer.

GBoldwater

Quote from: Acolyte on February 11, 2020, 09:31:39 PM
Quote from: GBoldwater on February 10, 2020, 01:48:28 PM
Quote from: trentcath on February 10, 2020, 01:46:50 PM
I can't believe anyone would be crazy enough to want that obnoxious tin hat wearing twit back  :o

Also I hope this doesn't turn into a criticise the mods thread  :pray2:

For one thing, he needs to be criticized for allowed non-Catholics here.

Are dogmatic sedes Catholic ?

Is "dogmatic" your description of all sedes, or is a "dogmatic sede" something different among sedes?