Rare relic

Started by Acolyte, July 14, 2021, 02:36:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Acolyte

We found a very few relics of St Bonosa at my parish.
Edit : it's spoken for !

"From the moment we awake in the morning, let us pray continually in the words of holy David: Turn away my eyes, that they may not behold vanity"
St Alphonsus

"I will set my face against you, and you shall fall down before your enemies, and shall be made subject to them that hate you, you shall flee when no man pursueth you"
Leviticus 26:17

"Behold, O God our protector : and look upon the face of Thy Christ" (Ps. 79:20) Here is devotion to the face of Jesus Christ as prophesized by David."
Fr. Lawrence Daniel Carney III

Kaesekopf

Yes hello I'm very interested and would like it...
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Acolyte

Quote from: Kaesekopf on July 14, 2021, 04:41:52 PM
Yes hello I'm very interested and would like it...

Good deal, give me about a minute to turn my message back on.

"From the moment we awake in the morning, let us pray continually in the words of holy David: Turn away my eyes, that they may not behold vanity"
St Alphonsus

"I will set my face against you, and you shall fall down before your enemies, and shall be made subject to them that hate you, you shall flee when no man pursueth you"

"Behold, O God our protector : and look upon the face of Thy Christ" (Ps. 79:20) Here is devotion to the face of Jesus Christ as prophesized by David."

Acolyte

It's on and I forgot you could still message me anyhow lol.
St Alphonsus

Prayerful

I would have to leave this to the Americans.
Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.

Acolyte

Quote from: Prayerful on July 14, 2021, 05:00:06 PM
I would have to leave this to the Americans.

Sent in a letter envelope first class USPS. Is 1.20 USD to the UK. No idea of the time frame for delivery though.
St Alphonsus

diaduit

Very interesting story on the relics arriving in USA and would love more detail on the conversion of a death row inmate which may be attributed to St Bonosa.

http://www.stbonosabooks.com/st-bonosa/

Acolyte

I think the full skeletal remains here at St Martin of Tours may be the authentic ones. While the side altars were repaired in 2012 new reliquaries we're made for Sts Magnus and Bonosa during which time an archaeologist examined the remains and verified the age of them, making it consistent with the backstory. He determined St Bonosa spent a lot of time on her knees either working, praying, or both. Also, the transfer of, and origin of, the remains of those
at St. Martin's is documented as being under the direction of Pope Leo XIII.

https://stmartinoftourslouisville.org/shrine%20of%20two%20saints.htm

https://therecordnewspaper.org/saints-at-st-martin-believed-to-be-ancient-roman-martyrs/

Here is a brief video of the reinterment Mass

They are two of only three full skeletal remains of.Saints on display for public veneration authorised by HMC.

Today is St. Bonosa's feast day.

St. Bonosa,
Pray for us
J+M+J

St Alphonsus