Re-instituting Self-Ban

Started by christulsa, April 11, 2018, 07:47:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

christulsa

Last time it was for 6 months.

This time it's for 1 year.  Maybe more like a few years.

Good to chat with Carleene, Perevangelica,  Matto, Pons, James,  etc.

You can reach me at my blog, The Okie Traditionalist.

Gardener

Ok. See ya in a few weeks, or maybe months. :)
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

Matto

Oh, a whole year? A few years? I wonder if the forum will last that long. I think the forum will miss you. I know we can correspond by email, and we can also read your blog so this is not a farewell.
I Love Watching Butterflies . . ..

PerEvangelicaDicta

aw darn.   
Things have been chaotic 'round our here parts for the past few months - will settle down in a few more - so I've been limited in my time at SD, and  :-[  I haven't visited you at O.T. in quite awhile.  I like your blog, interesting flavor!
Well, here's a <platonic  :P> heartfelt big ole hug 'til we chat again.   :pray1: soon.
:grouphug:
They shall not be confounded in the evil time; and in the days of famine they shall be filled
Psalms 36:19

Mono no aware

I hope you have a good sabbatical, Chris.  As I've said before, I like your freewheeling and "thinking out loud" style.  It's a refreshing tonic to the doctrinaire, know-it-all, "REGNANS IN EXCELSIS!" approach, where each post is like a papal pronouncement.  You're more like someone sitting on their front porch, shucking corn, and just "shootin' the sh!t," as they say.  I appreciate your prairie state vibe.

Gardener

Quote from: Pon de Replay on April 13, 2018, 07:11:10 AM
I hope you have a good sabbatical, Chris.  As I've said before, I like your freewheeling and "thinking out loud" style.  It's a refreshing tonic to the doctrinaire, know-it-all, "REGNANS IN EXCELSIS!" approach, where each post is like a papal pronouncement.  You're more like someone sitting on their front porch, shucking corn, and just "shootin' the sh!t," as they say.  I appreciate your prairie state vibe.

Lovely visual.

For christulsa:

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7s-oZALFMZ8[/yt]
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

dymphna17

?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

christulsa

Miriam_M

Non Nobis

Quote from: christulsa on April 14, 2018, 02:31:54 PM
https://www.spreaker.com/user/10169324/so-long-farewell-auf-wiedersehen-goodbye

:seeya:  :patriot:  :cheeseheadbeer:

Now that you reveal your real self, you leave!

Or was that you?  Maybe it was holographic Chris. Never can tell.

:) See you around.
[Matthew 8:26]  And Jesus saith to them: Why are you fearful, O ye of little faith? Then rising up he commanded the winds, and the sea, and there came a great calm.

[Job  38:1-5]  Then the Lord answered Job out of a whirlwind, and said: [2] Who is this that wrappeth up sentences in unskillful words? [3] Gird up thy loins like a man: I will ask thee, and answer thou me. [4] Where wast thou when I laid up the foundations of the earth? tell me if thou hast understanding. [5] Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

Jesus, Mary, I love Thee! Save souls!

Carleendiane

See you, Chris. I too appreciate front porch conversations with Chris. He's a good conversationalist. Blessings to you always.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

christulsa

Quote from: Gardener on April 11, 2018, 08:17:48 PM
Ok. See ya in a few weeks, or maybe months. :)

You know me too well.

Self-ban lowered.  For a spell anyway.   :o   

Gardener

FWIW, my least fav blog post of yours in a while coincides with the timeframe of your return. I liked your cool, collected stuff much better.

christulsa

Quote from: Gardener on August 30, 2018, 07:07:00 PM
FWIW, my least fav blog post of yours in a while coincides with the timeframe of your return. I liked your cool, collected stuff much better.

Blog?   ;)

christulsa

I'm back, after New Years as promised.  Looks like Greg and Jayne have kept their bargain.  ;)