Any suggestions for a way to update my phone

Started by voxxpopulisuxx, February 08, 2013, 05:59:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

voxxpopulisuxx

I have android phone running BLUR os...i really like the phone but it seems to hang alot...and hve issues with lagg and slowness...any thoughts its a defy tmobile phone
Lord Jesus Christ Most High Son of God have Mercy On Me a Sinner (Jesus Prayer)

"You can never cross the ocean until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore." – Christopher Columbus
911!
"Let my name stand among those who are willing to bear ridicule and reproach for the truth's sake, and so earn some right to rejoice when the victory is won. "— Louisa May Alcott

"From man's sweat and God's love, beer came into the world."St. Arnold (580-640)

Geocentrism holds no possible atheistic downside.

Gottmitunsalex

"Nothing is more miserable than those people who never failed to attack their own salvation. When there was need to observe the Law, they trampled it under foot. Now that the Law has ceased to bind, they obstinately strive to observe it. What could be more pitiable that those who provoke God not only by transgressing the Law but also by keeping it? But at any rate the Jews say that they, too, adore God. God forbid that I say that. No Jew adores God! Who say so? The Son of God say so. For he said: "If you were to know my Father, you would also know me. But you neither know me nor do you know my Father". Could I produce a witness more trustworthy than the Son of God?"  St. John Chrysostom  Sunday Homily

"The two goals of the Jews: The universal domination of the world and the destruction of Catholicism, out of hatred for Christ" --Mgr. Jouin

voxxpopulisuxx

"You can never cross the ocean until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore." – Christopher Columbus
911!
"Let my name stand among those who are willing to bear ridicule and reproach for the truth's sake, and so earn some right to rejoice when the victory is won. "— Louisa May Alcott

"From man's sweat and God's love, beer came into the world."St. Arnold (580-640)

Gottmitunsalex

Oh this is the GEEK forum.
No joke, I thought it was the Greek forum. Really
"Nothing is more miserable than those people who never failed to attack their own salvation. When there was need to observe the Law, they trampled it under foot. Now that the Law has ceased to bind, they obstinately strive to observe it. What could be more pitiable that those who provoke God not only by transgressing the Law but also by keeping it? But at any rate the Jews say that they, too, adore God. God forbid that I say that. No Jew adores God! Who say so? The Son of God say so. For he said: "If you were to know my Father, you would also know me. But you neither know me nor do you know my Father". Could I produce a witness more trustworthy than the Son of God?"  St. John Chrysostom  Sunday Homily

"The two goals of the Jews: The universal domination of the world and the destruction of Catholicism, out of hatred for Christ" --Mgr. Jouin

Kaesekopf

You could root your phone, perhaps, but I do not know if the Moto Blur supports rooting/if people have solutions for it.
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

voxxpopulisuxx

Quote from: Gottmitunsalex on February 08, 2013, 05:55:25 PM
Oh this is the GEEK forum.
No joke, I thought it was the Greek forum. Really
I see you see what I did there lol

911!

voxxpopulisuxx

Quote from: Kaesekopf on February 08, 2013, 08:38:58 PM
You could root your phone, perhaps, but I do not know if the Moto Blur supports rooting/if people have solutions for it.
I have no courage for rooting phones

911!

Ben

Quote from: voxxpopulisuxx on February 08, 2013, 09:29:09 PM

There should be directions specific to your model on the internet.

voxxpopulisuxx

Quote from: Ben on February 08, 2013, 10:15:47 PM
Quote from: voxxpopulisuxx on February 08, 2013, 09:29:09 PM

There should be directions specific to your model on the internet.
Dont care...wont doit....my phones to important to foul it up...I just thought like with PCs there was software that could maximise and clean up your phone os

911!

Kaesekopf

Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

StCeciliasGirl

What did you end up doing?

(I root. Constantly.)

I'd thought (M) killed Blur a long time ago (2011)?
+ J M J +

voxxpopulisuxx

Quote from: StCeciliasFacepalm on June 06, 2013, 06:43:44 PM
What did you end up doing?

(I root. Constantly.)

I'd thought (M) killed Blur a long time ago (2011)?
Havent done anything...and thats my question is there updated os for smartphones...like pcs have

911!

moneil

Quote from: Kaesekopf on February 09, 2013, 12:00:48 PM
You could always factory reset it.

Phone manufacturers and service carriers do send out updates.  With Sprint I'll receive a notifiication on the phone that an update is available.  If there is a T-Mobile store close to you just go in and they can tell you if your OS version is up to date.

If you phone has become laggy I'd defiently factory reset it.  That will likely help a lot.  You will loose any phone numbers, data, pics, etc. stored on the phone, so back it up to your computer first.  I use to have to reset my Palm Pre about every 3-4 months.  My HTC Evo is 2 years old and after I reset it about 4 months ago it was way better.

StCeciliasGirl

Apparently you factory reset it, and if you want to kill Motoblur (which is pretty notorius for slowing things down), when you factory reset, you just skip (hit "next") when it starts setting up Motoblur.

Wow, they DID NOT get rid of it Motoblur! Well I found a page (just a few months old) with the step-by-steps to reset and avoid MotoBlur (when the screen shows up, hit menu, skip), and it warns you what few features you'll miss (social stuff), but you should have a faster phone.

It doesn't say to do this, but BEFORE you reset, you should open a Gmail account (like the rest of us android users) and let Google get all your contacts and emails (sync phone to Google), and you shouldn't have to re-enter anything ever again with any phone (Google auto-syncs your android phone if you sign in with that Gmail account so you don't really need Motoblur). You can check contacts.google.com to see if that's already there (it really should be). I manage my contacts from my laptop.
+ J M J +